what dose gaming mean for you..?!

thesnake

Hm, generally, if you don't like the game, don't play it. But sometimes I found that extra hard games could prove to be some sort of challenge, and I spent quite some time trying to better understand the mechanics of the gameplay and devise some strategy that would lead to victory. Interest is the keyword here.

Hm, generally, if you don't like the game, don't play it. But sometimes I found that extra hard games could prove to be some sort of challenge, and I spent quite some time trying to better understand the mechanics of the gameplay and devise some strategy that would lead to victory. Interest is the keyword here.

yes..sometimes...i didn't its a general case...sometimes..when the game is good and have a good story like the thing for ex  or fear...but other sometimes the game makers is empty handed and will try to fill your time with endless dark hallwayes or an unbeatable boss

just to sell an extra CD..now this what i am talking about.its only time he is trying

to pass but on the account of the mental health..

• 2 weeks later...

the problem is: sometimes you like a game but there are passages that are pissing you off extremely.

another problem is if there aren't different difficulty levels, like in nfsmw in which the game automatically sets the difficulty according to your driving in career races. this sucks. maybe I want to play a game on a medium difficulty level and if it's a good game I play it more often and increase difficutly.

like in farcry which is a real nightmare on the hardest level (realistic mode) but if you have played the game about 25 times (like I did... I guess I played it even more than 25 times) you really want this challenge. but if you play it for the first time, even the first or second difficulty level can be hard.

what about the stupied games that only allowed you to save at check points...this is so stupied

i was playing a nice game called farcry  but i stopped playing it and i uninstalled it because

they wont let me save unless its a check point... and belive me some of those check points are too dam far awy so its not logical that i do the same killes and the same part of the game over and over

that is so boaring...

what about the stupied games that only allowed you to save at check points...this is so stupied

i was playing a nice game called farcry  but i stopped playing it and i uninstalled it because

they wont let me save unless its a check point... and belive me some of those check points are too dam far awy so its not logical that i do the same killes and the same part of the game over and over

that is so boaring...

That was one of the things that made Far Cry so damned exciting... Perhaps you chose a too hard difficulty?

the savepoint thing in farcry is alright. I think quicksave and quickload can destroy a game if you press it all the time. the only checkpoint which is a real nightmare is before you enter the "palace" at the end and need to get pass the volcano with the mutated big boy trigens. but you can manage it... though on the hardest level - realistic mode - you need to be REALLY skilled. just like the final volcano level after you have tried krieger and need to kill doyle...

farcry isn't a shooter like many others, you really have to play the game strategically. firepower and good aiming won't get you very far (on a low difficulty maybe). I love that game, can't get enough of it, even after playing it soooooooo many times...

Sp1cy, if you think the start of the game is hard, you should try the last level...^^

I only had noticeable trouble with five or so places as far as I can remember, and the last level was the hardest. I probably used 15 attempts on the last level until I found a way through.  :D

hard is not the problem..i like fps games to be maximum hard..

and i enjoy playing on hardest level.. its repeatting te same

cut seens and the same places over and over again that gave me a boarring feelings...if i passed a raod and i know whats in it..

why should i go through it again?? cant i just save? why complicatting things around when the are eazy..

So Far Cry being hard is not a problem? If Far Cry was easy, you'd not be doing the same scenes over and over again... ;) If you think you're doing all the scenes too many times, your problem is right that: It's too hard for you, and you get bored because you feel like a loser.

Yeah, I know what you mean, sp1cy. I wasn't trying to be offensive. Quick saving makes hard games less of a pain in the ass to play. But sometimes, it's fun playing things over and over again, and then in the end actually be able to get past it. The feeling of victory is better then.

Lack of check points can make it more challenging.

Like when you ignorantly press the quick save button 0.1 nanoseconds before a rocket hits your ass and kills you, and that was the only save you had in the game?

Like when you ignorantly press the quick save button 0.1 nanoseconds before a rocket hits your ass and kills you, and that was the only save you had in the game?

i allwayes keep an extra normal save quite near to were i am at quicke save..so i usaly dont care for that...

as for making the game more chalenging  you allwayes go into the risk of making it mutch more boarring.... actuly i stoped playing far cry just in the middle of the game...because i felt i am

doing the same things over and over all the time and seeing the same cut seens 10s of times..

42 and happily playing computer games. For me it is an opportunity to continue (in a different medium) the things i have always loved to do, such as strategy war gaming and AD&D. As my circle of friends married, moved away or just got jobs it became harder and harder to find time to dedicate to those pastimes or just to arrange.

I recently purchased all the Tomb Raider games, i must be the world worst player and do find it quite frustrating, especially when the 7 year old daughter runs rings round me but it is a joy to watch.

My dads 68, he has a ps2 and an X box, he kindly gave my kids his gamecube. he loves to play strategy and adventure games, can't really play your speed based games but absolutely loves his AD&D games.

yes i got married 1st out of my AD&D friends but as they too got married or carears developed it got harder and harder for us to meet up. we went from playing every Saturday in my spare room to once a month to every few months, even getting together to play Warhammer became too much hassle to arrange.

But on line gaming opened up a whole new realm too me and my friends. Also PC games became more pleasureable to us as you can play alone and still compete with each other (IE how far we had got on a game or who was doing best etc.)