George Bush the Worst President in 100 Years?

C'mon Acriku , thats being naive.... the judge and the cops eat at the same barbecue together and their kids go to the same school.   The judge is gonna stick it in your ass for calling his buddy cop a pig.  He'll fine you for harassing and slandering a police officer or maybe some other VAGUE charge thats discretionary.

You're so idealistic its humorous.  Wake up to reality son.  I was paying a speeding ticket in court one day and the judge looked at some black guy he was sentencing, and told him to tuck in his shirt or else he was going to make him pay a bigger fine.  The cops in the courtroom just smiled.  The good old boy system has been in place, is in place, and always will be in place.  You'll only ever get habeus corpus (or any other constitutional right) when they feel like giving it to you, no matter what president is in power.  End of Story.

C'mon Acriku , thats being naive.... the judge and the cops eat at the same barbecue together and their kids go to the same school.  The judge is gonna stick it in your ass for calling his buddy cop a pig.  He'll fine you for harassing and slandering a police officer or maybe some other VAGUE charge thats discretionary.

You're so idealistic its humorous.  Wake up to reality son.  I was paying a speeding ticket in court one day and the judge looked at some black guy he was sentencing, and told him to tuck in his shirt or else he was going to make him pay a bigger fine.  The cops in the courtroom just smiled.  The good old boy system has been in place, is in place, and always will be in place.  You'll only ever get habeus corpus (or any other constitutional right) when they feel like giving it to you, no matter what president is in power.  End of Story.

That has nothing to do with habeas corpus in the first place. Second, instead of there being just scattered exceptions of where the judicial system is corrupt enough to hold a person without just cause (which I still think you're exaggerating, even a pro-bono lawyer would see there's no reason for holding the person), it is now the rule that it can be done and will be done. In any case, I'm not being idealistic or naive. Your simplifications are unfounded and are exceptions in most cases. While you may think I'm being naive (and I'm not saying that the justice system will work perfectly and every man guilty will go to jail and innocent will not), I think you're being over-dramatic.

Case in point, President Bush swore to uphold the Constitution. Eliminating the writ to habeas corpus is tearing a part of the Constitution away, and is exactly what the terrorists are trying to do - eliminate our freedom. It's just that President Bush is helping them in every way.

The difference between theory and reality.. how many cops have been prosoctued for the London shooting? or the raid shooting both of unarmed (and innocent men).

Freedom of speech is all good but in reality it has to be controlled and within limits.

That has nothing to do with habeas corpus in the first place. Second, instead of there being just scattered exceptions of where the judicial system is corrupt enough to hold a person without just cause (which I still think you're exaggerating, even a pro-bono lawyer would see there's no reason for holding the person), it is now the rule that it can be done and will be done. In any case, I'm not being idealistic or naive. Your simplifications are unfounded and are exceptions in most cases. While you may think I'm being naive (and I'm not saying that the justice system will work perfectly and every man guilty will go to jail and innocent will not), I think you're being over-dramatic.

Case in point, President Bush swore to uphold the Constitution. Eliminating the writ to habeas corpus is tearing a part of the Constitution away, and is exactly what the terrorists are trying to do - eliminate our freedom. It's just that President Bush is helping them in every way.

C'mon Acriku.... you and I both know there is something called the "Blue Shield" .... Cops will do what they wanna do and rarely do they testify against each other or go against each other... this includes judges as well.  Law enforcement is a "family" and its not an "exeception", and its not "corruption" ... its a culture.  Cops have their own community, fraternity, and even get their own burials.  TO be part of the LAPD, FBI, or CIA is to be part of a brotherhood.  Since the Judges are a part of this as well, you're screwed.  The reason your attorney can get you off the hook for speeding tickets most of the time is because he most likely is friends or very familiar with the judge on some personal level.  Sure, once you see a judge....perhaps the judge will let you go free... but the problem is that the police in the jail determine when you get to see the judge..... dont they?  Thats why this particular guy sat in jail for 3 hours or more.... he's lucky...... they could have held him longer and made him go to a later court hearing.

Sure if the writ of habeas corpus is eliminated then it can be and will be done.... the only difference is that WITH habeas still around it shouldnt be done but STILL WILL be done.  Habeas corpus exists today but this man was still detained for "nothing".... although like i said a generic charge such as my example of "improper lane usuage" can always be used to detain someone.

The only true thing that habeas corpus does is allow you to sue for cash after they have detained you.  But law enforcement can easily avoid such lawsuits by claiming a fake charge.  Law Enforcement's word is taken over yours.  If i tell the Judge that the cop is lying and that i wasnt speeding..... who is he gonna believe?  So long as Law Enforcement has a higher value attached to their "word" we will always be at their mercy.

Wake up son.

Guns

White House advisers mock, then exploit, evangelical supporters

A new book by a former White House official says President Bush's top political advisers privately ridiculed evangelical supporters as "nuts" and "goofy" while embracing them in public and using their votes to help win elections.

Obvious!

Christian BA employee suspended for wearing cross necklace

A Christian woman has been banned by British Airways for wearing a small cross necklace to work - while muslims and sikhs are allowed to wear headscarves and turbans.

Sikhs can wear turbans, and some other religion can wear swords to school (forget, could be  the same one). Yet she gets suspended for wearing a cross necklace?

The airline's uniform code states that staff must not wear visible jewellery or other 'adornments' while on duty without permission from management.

It makes exceptions for Muslim and Sikh minorities by allowing them to wear hijabs and turbans.

That's religious persecution! One religion can do this, but another cant do that. All or nothing.

C'mon Acriku.... you and I both know there is something called the "Blue Shield" .... Cops will do what they wanna do and rarely do they testify against each other or go against each other... this includes judges as well.  Law enforcement is a "family" and its not an "exeception", and its not "corruption" ... its a culture.  Cops have their own community, fraternity, and even get their own burials.  TO be part of the LAPD, FBI, or CIA is to be part of a brotherhood.  Since the Judges are a part of this as well, you're screwed.  The reason your attorney can get you off the hook for speeding tickets most of the time is because he most likely is friends or very familiar with the judge on some personal level.  Sure, once you see a judge....perhaps the judge will let you go free... but the problem is that the police in the jail determine when you get to see the judge..... dont they?  Thats why this particular guy sat in jail for 3 hours or more.... he's lucky...... they could have held him longer and made him go to a later court hearing.

Sure if the writ of habeas corpus is eliminated then it can be and will be done.... the only difference is that WITH habeas still around it shouldnt be done but STILL WILL be done.  Habeas corpus exists today but this man was still detained for "nothing".... although like i said a generic charge such as my example of "improper lane usuage" can always be used to detain someone.

The only true thing that habeas corpus does is allow you to sue for cash after they have detained you.  But law enforcement can easily avoid such lawsuits by claiming a fake charge.  Law Enforcement's word is taken over yours.  If i tell the Judge that the cop is lying and that i wasnt speeding..... who is he gonna believe?  So long as Law Enforcement has a higher value attached to their "word" we will always be at their mercy.

Wake up son.

Guns

Please, for you to argue that with the Police Conspiracy there never was a habeas corpus is pretty desperate. None of what you say has to do with habeas corpus. The police could've held anybody up for 24 hours without charge, but now that habeas corpus is done with they can do it indefinitely. Sure there is corruption, but it is not universal and certainly not to the extent that you exaggerate it to. The bottom line, which you cannot argue against sanely, is that President Bush tore out a piece of the Constitution 6 years after he was sworn in (2 years for re-election) to protect and uphold the Constitution. That's a horrible job as a President.

The president can now, with the approval of Congress, indefinitely hold people without charge, take away protections against horrific abuse

They still have people detained from the initial 9/11 attacks that have not been charged with anything. If they have done soemthing wrong, charge them, else let them out. We should arrest goths because they might do a school shooting. We wouldn't want to give them the chance.

The American Civil Liberties Union said the new law is "one of the worst civil liberties measures ever enacted in American history."

"The president can now, with the approval of Congress, indefinitely hold people without charge, take away protections against horrific abuse, put people on trial based on hearsay evidence, authorize trials that can sentence people to death based on testimony literally beaten out of witnesses, and slam shut the courthouse door for habeas petitions," said ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero.

I think the terrorists are winning. We are losing our freedoms at the expense of magically defeating the terrorists. And when will terrorism end? When will the rights taken away be put back? Hmm, never?

All the government has to do is label someone an enemy combatant and you will never see or hear from them again.

Maher Arar was honoured with an international human rights award, but could not accept it because he is still on the US no fly list

So US sent him to syria to be tortured, everyone finds out he is innocent afterwards, he is still on no fly list, and he is afraid that if he enters the US he will be arrested again.

Hmm. The US government has not admitted to committing an error sending him to Syria.

Cheney endorses simulated drowning

Well, I guess if it is only simulated drowning, and not actually drowning the suspected terrorists, that is all right. We wouldn't want to actually drown(kill) the terrorists. But simulating it is AOK as long as the terrorists give unreliable information.

A Republican campaign ad that is making Canadians get mad (or laugh at there stupidity) has part of one person saying

Canada should take care of North Korea, they're not busy

Whaa??

Here's the video

No, the person meant that Canada is not busy (because we are not in Iraq), so Canada can invade North Korea.

Canada is busy enough in Afghanistan, and we are still losing the war there (because US abandoned it). The Taliban are back in power with 12000 soldiers and have good equipment, and are popular with the people.

Bush asks Democrats for a plan on Iraq

This image sums Bush up.

pottery.png

Veterans group laughs at congressional Republican candidate during debate when he insisted that the White House has a strategy for the war in Iraq

In the same article the candidate also says

Saying that the war in Iraq is part of a larger war on terror, Buchanan alluded to the Sept. 11 attacks:

"We can't forget that 3,000 people were murdered."

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. STFU

What about the 3000+ soldiers that have died or the tens of thousands of civilians. Guess they are not as important as 9/11 victims.

Army Recruiters Accused of Misleading Students to Get Them to Enlist

"An ABC News undercover investigation showed Army recruiters telling students that the war in Iraq was over, in an effort to get them to enlist."

If people believe the war in Iraq is over they should probably be sent there anyway :P

My guess is that these recruiters are commission based or something that forces them to enlist as many as possible by any means.

EDIT:

U.S. Seeks to Silence Terror Suspect

A suspected terrorist who spent years in a secret CIA prison should not be allowed to speak to a civilian attorney, the Bush administration argues, because he could reveal the agency's closely guarded interrogation techniques.

So I presume he is not a terrorist since he is being released. And they don't want him to talk to an attorney about how the government wrongly tortured him. America, Land of the Free?

Bush at one point said there were no secret CIA prisons, yet it turned out there were. The admin says they do not torture, yet they are trying to cover up someone who has been "interrogated".

goebbels%20(575%20x%20345).jpg

EDIT:

Wow even neoconservatives who were in favor of the war are now saying Iraq is a failure.

Neoconservatives decry execution of Iraq war

EDITEDIT:

Here is a link to video that shows recruiter telling people that the war in Iraq is over.

link

hindsight is 20/20

i get sick of listening to people say they wouldnt have supported teh war if they knew that blah blah blah....

yea and if i could time travel i would go back in time and buy Polaroid and Microsoft stock.  But i cant.

Fact is we were all pissed, we all wanted war, we got war, and now its time to figure out how to end it.  Stop pointing the goddamn fingers and just deal with the problem....which btw would have come about even if the democrats had been in power..... 9-11 was a never before seen tragedy and we are living in the consequences of it.

This pointless finger pointing about who broke the vase is silly.  If Kerry had been president he would have gone to war too.  There was no way around this.