George Bush the Worst President in 100 Years?

nice link....

after reading:

In previous work4, 5 neural stem cells, labelled with -galactosidase, were cultured with myoblast cells or embryoid bodies, producing -galactosidase-labelled muscle cells. This was interpreted as evidence that the stem cells received signals that caused them to transdifferentiate into muscle cells. But there are other possibilities. The stem cells might have been contaminated with muscle precursor cells; a few stem cells might have mutated; or the stem cells might have fused with myoblasts or embryoid-body cells. b, Ying et al.2 cultured puromycin-resistant neural stem cells that expressed green fluorescent protein (GFP) with hygromycin-resistant embryonic stem (ES) cells. After selection, the surviving cells expressed GFP, were resistant to puromycin and hygromycin, and had double the normal amount of DNA (4n versus 2n). This suggests that the cells arose by fusion. c, Terada et al.3 cultured GFP-labelled, puromycin-resistant bone marrow cells with ES cells. The resulting cells expressed GFP, were resistant to puromycin and had ES-cell properties. They also had double the usual DNA content.

i can see where the confusion can come in.  Good find.  If what you say about the fertility clinics is true then that indeed is a waste.

I thought these cells that he vetoed against were going to be destroyed anyway (or sit in a freezer forever)? Why not put them to the test instead of wasting them?

Oh, yah what Acriku- said.

Bush is just trying to rally support from his christian friends for the election.

Anyone see Daily show last night? Jon had a great bit about it. I LOL.

lol I saw that one, too. Milking zygotes on the fetal farm  ;D There something more hilarious, when that guy from the pc/mac commercials did a segment on explaining net neutrality, and in his explanation he said that he was a computer for example and Jon was another computer. The whole time Jon was egging him on to say what kind of computer he was, and eventually he said "I'm a PC." like in the commercial. I almost spilled my soda after that!

Watch it for yourself ;)

But I guess we should get back to the topic...

... of how Bush is the worst president in 100 years!

Ok, probably not, but he's certainly trying. In any case, he's a good politician. Which reminds me of this quote":

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

-- Douglas Adams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bush acknowledges secret CIA prisons for terror suspects

Surprise!

No not really.

Next they will admit to using chemical weapons in that city in Iraq. Oh wait they finally did admit it... what next to admit. The torture in Iraq? Nope was already done. Hmm..

WMD in Iraq? Not found yet, think they blamed it in "faulty" information.

Oh yah the US military is finally going by the geneva convention now.

The U.S. Army earlier issued a revised field manual eliminating a secret list of prisoner interrogation techniques, reverting to Geneva Conventions policies.

Worst government ever.

And gas/oil prices are lower than usual just in time for midterm elections.

• 2 weeks later...

America has lost another freedom

The Senate just killed an amendment to ensure federal courts could review the legitimacy of individual' imprisonment on suspicion of involvement in terrorism.

So anyone can be arrested and tortured and no one would ever know.

But at least the terrorists are safe. err.

Sen. John McCain voted against it, even though he was openly for it. Flip Flopper!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus

Good wiki. Hmm, last time it was suspended was during the civil war.

Not to do with Bush, but with a Republican Congressman from Florida sending messages to a 16 year old boy wanting to see him NAKED.

Hmm. Should be put on child molestor list.

I just read the PDF file of this conversation and it is sick! This asshole Congressman should be sent to prison.

Exclusive: The Sexually Explicit Internet Messages That Led to Fla. Rep. Foley's Resignation

PDF at end of article.

EDIT:

Bush and his government is trying to pass a bill that protects them from being prosecuted for war crimes that have occurred since 9/11.

Bush is attempting to pardon himself and his administration for war crimes before Congress is out of session youtube video.

:(

EDIT: Nevermind, the bill was passed. Bush can not be tried for war crimes. Darn.

EDIT again:

Congress approves another $70 billion for war efforts.

Hurray! Americas children and grandchildren are screwed for life in debt!

EDIT:

Busy day..

Jack Abramoff had 485 contacts with White House officials

The report finds 485 contacts with White House officials, including nine with the president's chief political adviser, Karl Rove. It also shows that Abramoff tried to get 19 people hired in the administration, but was only successful once.

WEll I am content with the Bush Administration's Aggressive Foreign Policy.

I remember when the twin towers went down.... EVERYONE was so pissed off and wanted revenge.... many people were BEGGING Bush to go to war and attack afghanistan and Iraq.  Many people were worried that Bush would p*ssy out and not engage. (i.e. another USS Cole incident where no retribution was acquired)  But thankfully he did engage and made the terrorists pay.  Sure it wasnt bloodless but he never promised bloodless.

Hopefully if we get John McCain elected president we will have ourselves another Ronald Reagan that will transcend both party lines and take us into a golden era.  The democrat alternatives are sh!t.... Hillary Clinton?  Please....if that happens I'll be joining Acriku in Canada and we can have some beers with Emprwrm.

Guns

John Mccain just flipp flopped on the last bill, saying he didn't like torturing enemys, and then voted against the bill that would protect them from being tortured.

If I was in his district I would be pissed he goes on about supporting something, and when voting time comes he switches his mind (and I doubt anyone even notices or cares).

Hillary does sound terrible and would probably bubble wrap every object so kids couldn't hurt themselves.

That republican who resigned yesterday because of wanting to have sex with a 16 year old said this back in 1998 about Clinton:

"It's vile," said Rep. Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach. "It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction."

Other Republicans knew of this a YEAR ago. And did nothing

Colleague: We told Foley to stop contacting teen

Foley's resignation was prompted in part by concerns that other potentially politically damaging e-mails or information might surface, including exchanges with other pages that were more graphic, GOP sources told CNN.

I think this is worse than the clinton scandal (minus the president thing).

Just think if Hillary did win the election...

History for Presidents would go down as:

Bush Senior->Clinton->Clinton->Bush Junior->Bush Junior->Hillary Clinton etc

What a great democracy that shows! The same families keep getting presidency for 20 years.

WEll I am content with the Bush Administration's Aggressive Foreign Policy.

I remember when the twin towers went down.... EVERYONE was so pissed off and wanted revenge.... many people were BEGGING Bush to go to war and attack afghanistan and Iraq.  Many people were worried that Bush would p*ssy out and not engage. (i.e. another USS Cole incident where no retribution was acquired)  But thankfully he did engage and made the terrorists pay.  Sure it wasnt bloodless but he never promised bloodless.

Hopefully if we get John McCain elected president we will have ourselves another Ronald Reagan that will transcend both party lines and take us into a golden era.  The democrat alternatives are sh!t.... Hillary Clinton?  Please....if that happens I'll be joining Acriku in Canada and we can have some beers with Emprwrm.

Guns

Yes and I would be mad as hell if someone burned my house down, and I would try and beat the shit out of them, but that's called anger and unreasonable responses. We shouldn't do things in the heat of emotion, guns.

i understand it was emotional.... it was like another pearl harbor... for an instant the democrats and repubs were united....and war seemed the only way to satisfy the public.  All americans were seeing red and felt punk'd.  Its easy to look at the war now 5 years later and say it feels different....sure.  But i feel people need to stop and go back and remember what it felt like on day 1 to put things in perspective and realize how we got here.

Put me in a room with the guy who killed my mom , raped my wife, burned down my house, ....yes i am gonna choke him to death....is it unreasonable and irrational?  Who knows.  But i can gurantee you that it'll happen everytime even tho i am clear headed now and can think about it rationally.

Its like when Samuel Jackson (In a Time to Kill) shot those rednecks with the assault rifle after they raped and tortured his little baby daughter and left her soaked in their urine and semen with a bloodied head and damaged womb.  Sure he should not have "legally" or "logically" pumped them full of lead.... but damn it was so cathartic for him (and us) while he was spraying the lead.  There is logic and reason.... but there is also something called "mental health" and that has to be preserved.  And sometimes logic and reason dont preserve mental health.

Such is life... tragedies, emotions, logic, and mental health have never mixed well over the ages.

If we were all emotionless androids like Commander Data then the world would be a utopia but unfortunately we arent.

Guns

To be fair, the analogy goes more like this: Some guys who live two houses down on the right kill your mom, rape your wife, and burn down your house. Then you go to the house in front of you across the street and give it a storm of ass kicking. Then some of the other houses around on the left and right try to blow up the house belonging to those English guys. Then the one belonging to those Spanish guys. And you're still kicking ass in that house across the street.

Yea thats what happens when you kick ass first and take names later.

Altho to be fair the US and Israel has done a decent job at killing terrorist figureheads (Hamas leaders, al Quaeda leaders) in the past (bin laden aside) and dealing damage to terror organizations and Rogue Nations. (Taliban training camps, Iraqi gassing kurds, Iraq pushed out of Kuwait, Hezbollah pushed out of lower lebanon) etc.

Then again, according to the leak recently, we've created more terrorists since 9/11. So, killing figureheads hasn't had the effect they'd hoped. In other words, mission failure. And now Bush calls us naive for believing the leaked information.

Then again, according to the leak recently, we've created more terrorists since 9/11. So, killing figureheads hasn't had the effect they'd hoped. In other words, mission failure. And now Bush calls us naive for believing the leaked information.

Right........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzfo6.jpg

ummm... this aint Battlefield 2.... there is absolutely no way to genuinely quantify if we have "created" terrorists.  They could have been terrorists all along and are only being "activated" and showing their true colors.  Most of these Terrors groups have "sleepers"..... we didnt create them... i repeat, we just made them show their true colors.  Its an illusion, they've always been there... we just didnt know about them.

Guns

The pedophile Republican tried to have dinner with the boy, and now he went to alcoholics anonymous to cure his problem... I think he is really confused :P

Report: Foley allegedly tried to meet page

I just hope one of Foley's law he helped enact top product children from pedophiles his used against him. Then it would show he was actually a good guy testing the system ;)

Also, I heard that for the elections his name will be on the ballot since they cannot change it, so if you want the other new republican to win you have to vote for a pedophile. If they win it would be a miracle.

You are somewhat correct Guns. These new terrorists would have become terrorists at some point. Whether today or 30 years. They are still crazy.

EDIT:

The same people who didn't mind pushing for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage didn't investigate Mark Foley for fear of being seen as gay bashers

I think their hypocrisy is showing.

ABC says they've got more Pages, ready to come forward, and a lot more IM transcripts. Some going back 5 years

So they have been protecting a pedophile for 5 years. How cute!

They released the documents because they were leaked and people started to question them as to why the CIA etc was saying that Iraq was creating more terrorists. It was released to protect Bush and to get people to stop asking questions.

Funny image :)

Funny image #2 :P

EDIT:

Not pleased with only teaching Christianity at churches, they want to create a class that teach the bible in school.