World of warcraft

Dominator

I would like to compile a list of all of the US-Server playing people and maybe we could create a guild somewhere on some server! =D

PM me with your Name/Server :D

I've had the game since release.

60 Undead Warrior

60 Gnome Mage

60 Undead Rogue

60 Tauren Druid

Also is there a way for European playing people to somehow get on a US server? Maybe we could make the guild "Dune" or something. Heheh!

Horde for the win. (Gnomes rock, too.)

So get those PMs in!

• 1 month later...

I would like to compile a list of all of the US-Server playing people and maybe we could create a guild somewhere on some server! =D

PM me with your Name/Server :D

I've had the game since release.

60 Undead Warrior

60 Gnome Mage

60 Undead Rogue

60 Tauren Druid

Also is there a way for European playing people to somehow get on a US server? Maybe we could make the guild "Dune" or something. Heheh!

Horde for the win. (Gnomes rock, too.)

So get those PMs in!

I guess a little update is in order.

Retired

60 Undead Warrior

60 Gnome Mage

60 Undead Rogue

60 Tauren Druid

60 Night Elf Druid

Current

Working on an Orc Shaman (54)

• 1 month later...

I started playing yesterday, on a private server(You ain't getting a cent out of me, Blizzard!).It is pretty fun(Though I won't call it addictive), and the only big dissapointment for me was the small number of players on the private servers - around 20 at any given time, and those who play know that it is horribly little, since the WoW world is so expansive.(But I guess that is what I get for being a cheating, pirating thief). Anyway, I've got a LVL. 14 Human Warrior. Not too great, I know, but I'm working on it.

Fun game, overall. :)

• 5 months later...

Do you think $16 a month is too much for extra fun?

In Norway, $16 is about the price of a cinema ticket

or: a DVD movie on sale

or: two-three lunches

or: 1/2 the cost of your party beverages for one night

or: 1.5 McDonald's meals

or: 1 WHOLE MONTH of gaming (WoW)

What do people complain about? I don't get why you would play on a private server that takes away much of the gaming pleasure due to lacking ability to interact with players.

In WoW, you NEED many people to play to get these things running:

* Battlegrounds

* Guilds

* Auction house

* Dungeon trips

You will thus lose out on much of the gear you want, you will not be able to have fun at level 60, and you will certainly wear much bad gear.

All this because you can't spend a lousy $16 a month...

What we don't like is that all over the world there are thousands of people who are perfectly happy to pay a reasonable sum for the services of the game, and then there's nasty little thieves like you who think you can just take it. Not that it matters. You get a pale immitation of the true gaming experience, and it's not my problem if you can be satisfied with an inferior product.

If I had your address I'd give it to Blizzard...

Don't read me your morals, Dante, because I don't care. You claim to be indifferent to the prospect of mass murder or the deaths of thousands of people? Fine, I can take that. No-one attacks you for it. So don't attack me for my morals. I don't want to pay 25-30 pounds for the game, and then pay each month 10 more pounds. Look at Starcraft. Great game, pay once and then you can play online for FREE until you die of boredom, if that is want you want.

So stop acting all righteous.

Amorality doesn't mean you have to let everyone do exactly what they want. YOu can have no morals and still think murder is wrong because it pointlessly takes a life away from the world and upsets a number of people. Just in the same way as that if people used illegal copies of the game as you have done the developers couldn't afford to keep improving the game as they do.

1. I don't play anymore, so it doesn't concern me if the developers can't keep improving the game.

2. I played for a grand total of 2 weeks, until I got bored of it. Why the hell should I spend 30 pounds on a game if I get bored of it after 2 weeks?

Another reason why I choose to not PTP is because it is a waste of my money. I bet that some, if not most of you will look back in a few years and wonder, "Jeez, why the hell did I spend 5 months of my life cooped up in my room, PAYING to play a shitty game that I got bored of, anyway?"

At least I can say that without the paying part, and so I can be happy, at least, that I didn't spend my money for nothing. Answer me, in all honesty, what WoW will give you physically? I know that mentally it can be fun and amusing, but you will get bored of it after a while. What then? Will you have bragging rights of how you got to level 60 in 2 months with a Tauran Shaman? About how you spent half a year killing your eyes in front of a game which does not give anything back?

Think about it. Or fuggedaboutit(WoW, that is).

YOu can say that for any game Clemenza.... i perosnally find WoW boring in beta and decided not to buy it.  To me it was "Junk-food gaming".  But to say that the problem is with being "cooped up" or "hurting your eyes" ... is completely off base.   I personally love being cooped up when i play EVE, or BF2, or Oblivion.  Also i dont care if i play them so long my eyes hurt.  And they dont give anything back except for pure fun and enjoyment.  Actually that IS giving something back... its giving you mental health.  Your mental health is very good when you are having fun and excitement.

SO by all means bash the game for its boring gameplay and childish mechanics.... but stop with the pathetic attempts at insulting the entire gaming genre.  Being "cooped up" or having "eye-strain" is not an arguement as i pretty much enjoy drinking a beer and sitting on the couch playing Halo and relaxing and staying up all night with sore eyes is a small price to pay for hours of excitement and fun.  Going outside and playing in the dirt really doesnt mean you have a more of a "life" over someone else.  It just means you cant afford to play the game, and are justifying it by bringing up pathetic arguments (saying you dont want to waste money is just an excuse).  Its only the poor kids you see that play outside anymore..... cause their parents cant afford an XBOX 360 or a gaming rig.... and its only the people with low income that complain about the price of games and resort to constant pirating.  Its a class thing.

I dislike WoW.... but only for the poor gameplay..... but the price, the "cooped up" and the "sore eyes" dont have a factor in my decision and have nothing to do with it.  Paying money, isolation, and sore eyes are the mark of any gamer.  Criticize the game not the gaming culture.

Also dont try to justify your pirating.... we know why you do it... cuz its cheaper to game that way.  No need to justify it with bullshit remarks.  (Well saying WoW is boring wasnt bullshit , but pretty much the rest of the post was)

Yours Truly,

Chuck Norris

You are a teenage girl who posts on the dune2k forums, plays video games, and sticks to her older brother's butt like a hemorrhoid.  You young lady are the biggest dork there is.  Sorry but "playing outside" doesnt keep you from being a nerd. I bet you'll never get a date to the prom either.  Mrs. Dune Nerd.  But its ok, Chuck Norris still loves ya... he likes even the nerdy chicks.  Cuz nerdy chicks need lovin too.

Yourrs Truly,

Chuck Norris

p.s.- I'm really Chuck Norris.

The problem with being staying inside your house all day, Gunwounds, is that your friends will slowly ostracize you, unless they're also all gamers, in which case you wouldn't see them anyway. I know that most of my friends also play computer games and things like that, but they aren't hardcore gamers, meaning they go to the beach once in a while, to the movies, or just hang out in the city with friends. Now if you stay inside your house all day long, throughout, for example, the whole summer break, you will slowly but surely start to lose your friends, and you probably might be getting frustrated and angry,too. If you can't beat an enemy or quest, if you lose all your ships or money(creds,gold, whatever). Lets take myself as an example. In the 5th grade I was a gameing nerd in the accepted view of how a gaming nerd should be. I was playing GTA3 and EBFD and Starcraft and all sorts of games all day long, right after I came home from school. When my friends came to ask me to come outside or do something with them(Go to the movies, ride bikes, whatever) I said no, since I was too busy getting to the next level in Halo to go with them. You can imagine what kind of status I got in school because of this. I started hanging out with a pale kid named Jay, who was unhealthily pale, so much that he wore sunblock to school in the summer months(And it wasn't because he was gentically pale; I saw his parents once and they were quite brown, it was from sitting at home all day long), the 'popular' kids also got me from being invited to one of my last friend's birthday party(Saying that he would be uncool if he invited me. And remember, it was only 5th grade, so he caved in to them). Essentialy, I became a geek, with only my online friends, whom I didn't even KNOW.

So stop lecturing me that satying inside all day doesn't make you more of a 'geek' and 'nerd' than doing anything else does. Because being a geek or nerd is defined as that: Spending too much time on the computer, with all other things not as important. Mmkay? And besides, it might give you mental satisfaction now, but what happens when you start losing all your friends, hm? It'll just cause you more grief later.