Asia: our thoughts are whit you guys

Tako

besides, I wpould get in the way, i'm not a professional: can you say you can work under the horror of disolving body's or children who don't have any parents or reletives?

people who can't find there loved ones?

I can not I must say!

With money I can do my part so that people who know how can help in the way they should because of the money

I'm not accusing you, just these comparisions about "I gave them more than you!" is rather pharseistic. As I read in the title, our thoughts should be with them, not with our petty political frustrations. Is this about that Sumatra or should I put this back to PRP?

in that perspective you are right, did not understand it in that way,

you are right of course that is that the thought that counts not how much you give,

in these times we should think about how social we really are as a society, we should and we must (atleast from a moral point of view) help the people in Asia.

so in the line of what Caid Ivik said:

this is a thread about speaking out your sympaties with people overthere so for political vieuws about this: please start a new thread! and do not post here

Japan surpassed USA in money donation again. ;)

Thats what the critics are doing, blaming each other for not donating enough quick enough.

And I love the music CNN plays now. It's so upbeat. ::)

Sadly in a month no one will remember it except those directly affected. By then they will have something else that will get viewers interest more. They need those ratings up so they get more for the ads, thus making more $ for investors. :-X

Wasn't there an earthquake in turkey a couple years ago that killed 100 000?

Anyone hear any news on how things are going in the last year? I havn't. They must all be happy and not in poverty anymore. :P

My economics professor may have lost his family in Sri Lanka. Sad. He's a good teacher.

I've seen a tough teaser on german NTV news station. How many Germans were lost there anyway? Or is it pure solidarity with the others? Also I heard about series of another quakes in India, some of them reaching 6th Richter grade. Wave is going...

Guess I got them mixed up. But the earthquake in Turkey must have displaced tens of thousands. Or at least that is what the news portrayed as I remember.

Or maybe I am completely confused. ;)

Some hungry people are starting to take officials hostage on India's islands. :(

Because the officials are eating and not sharing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tsunami/story/0,15671,1382441,00.html

Is sad how some countries spend a lot of money to attack a poor country, and kill inocent people, and when some natural catastrophe comes and kill innocent people, the same countries donate much money as the money they have spent in military stuff.

well a warning system would help cus there where a lot of people there that could have been saved by a proper warning system

To an extent, and in this case yes it would have.  There's a nearly identical set of conditions right off the west coast of the United States.  Should the same disaster occur it would be too far in sea for our deep sea buoy system to detect.

Is sad how some countries spend a lot of money to attack a poor country, and kill inocent people, and when some natural catastrophe comes and kill innocent people, the same countries donate much money as the money they have spent in military stuff.

Yeah and then it redirects an entire fleet of warships to ferry relief supplies to the areas no one else can reach at the cost of billions of dollars...

And I also like how some people just generalise entire nations by their government.  The government that keeps getting forced to up their donations because the average citizens are giving more out of their pockets to the relief effort than that government.

The story from the Iran quake I most remember is the man pulled from wreckage after 13 days alive, only to die after he's in the hospital a while after being rescued.  Such tenacity to hang on to life, only to have it snuffed out when it should be safest.

again I must point out that you're posts though very real and interesting and true are not the point of this thread, if you want to discus it inthat matter please open one in the politics/religien topic

and yes I might be to blame myself also, I'll try to restrain myself :)

In Turkey there were about 30.000 dead. I dunno anything else. They recovered, I think.

Well, about the numbers: 1500 swedish, 1000 germans missing or dead. Other countries lost fewer people. We've got 6 people missing.

"In light of the UN's role in helping millions of victims, it's too bad Emprworm isn't here right now - I would have had a great time making him eat all his anti-UN crap."

Oh, no, he'd be saying how it would be a whole lot better if the US was managing the effort (and everyone's charitable donations were going their way).

Incidentally, sounds like there's a lot of it -