EA Games Working on Red Alert 3?

DasHogg

Oh great. It sounds believable, considering that red alert 2 was FAR MORE popular than tiberian sun and generals...

But it doesn't clarify what it means by this "powerful engine". the generals engine or the ra2 engine? if it's generals engine, and they're going to 'expand' it, we'll have a lot of problems playing it...

I think one sequel is enough. EA isn't westwood. oh well.

i have tip for ra 2 lol,  i think they maybe work in ra 3. 

make force attack on ur barracks, produce engineer and spy(if u are allies) then select two that units, select waypoints, first put near barracks, second in barracks, then start,  engineer repair barracks and spy infiltrate to your own barracks and u get more rank on them,  i tried that on construction yard and they halted my bulding while i was building it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh...no offense, but that's about the dumbest thing I've heard today.  "Why didn't they use the Red Alert engine"?  Because it's nearly 9 years old!  You'd never be able to sell a product these days using graphics from 1996! :O

Wait...You do realise that the engine being used only really affects the graphics quality, right?

That's really too bad... I was looking forward to a Tiberian Twilight game series... I played RA1 before I tried any other Westwood game, and my favorites are still Dune 2000 and Tiberian Sun. I mean, for me at least, the story of Tiberian Sun, et. al is the most interesting -- next to Dune, of course, but Westwood didn't come up with Dune.

Some guy from EA has said there is a "very real chance" they will do C&C 3 some day.  This is just the order they've chosen to devolop them in, because the RA series sold better.  Deal with it.  Your b*tching about it won't change anything.

Another business gimmick...

Procyon? I totally agree with you. Although I found the squids to be cool at first, they were really... I don't know. I just think it's stupid now.

Have you ever seen the Allied ending in RA2? It's a CARTOON! It's simply does not fit well with a game that is meant to have a more serious storyline. This is a post-cold war kind of story, between the Allied forces (primarily US) and the Soviet Union. And now bring in a  crappy storyline and ending? I seriously think Westwood/EA can do better than that.

I have nothing against the Generals engine. I think it's great. Both engines are wonderful. However, I fear that the Generals engine is a real bloodsucker that would greatly worsen the gaming experience if you can't run it.

Maybe EA could provide free video cards that could run the game ;D