Target: Bush

Bush was recently the target of a failed assassination attempt by FARC a Colombian guerrilla group. Intelligence was able to discover that the ruling body of the group had ordered the hit on the US president while in the city of Cartagena. The US gives about 600 million in military aid to Bogato and it seems that the FARC rebels seem to disagree. What is surprising is the fact that they would even attempt such an act they usually just kill Colombian officals. Bush is one big fish to fry and FARC must feel they have nothing to lose.

Oh my God, this is terrible news!

I am very sad to hear that the assasination attempt failed.

That is either a very bad joke, or a very sick opinion >:(

What good would this have done to the FARC though? This isn't going to persuade the government from cutting aid to Bogato, and assasinating the leader of another nation isn't going to earn you sympathy from anyone.

That is either a very bad joke, or a very sick opinion >:(

It was obviously a joke, because, as you already pointed out:

What good would this have done to the FARC though? This isn't going to persuade the government from cutting aid to Bogato, and assasinating the leader of another nation isn't going to earn you sympathy from anyone.

Assasinating Bush would make him a martyr, and that's the last thing anyone needs. Besides, it would mean putting Dick Cheney in charge, who is much more intelligent and thus able to do more damage (especially while riding the wave of sympathy following Bush's death).

So yes, killing Bush would certainly be a bad move, cynically speaking.

The CNN article says that though it was ordered, it didn't look like anyone tried to carry it out.  Does this mean FARC is smart enough to know killing Bush results in some other person with a military obsession to come to power, and then in retaliation destroy the nation of Colombia?  It's hard to wage a guerilla war with no rain forest, and it's hard to run drugs too...  Wow I'm cynical about what would happen if anyone actually killed Bush...

I don't want him dead, I want him out of office. Him dead will only increase the imperalistic views of America. Say if a person from any underdeveloped country assasinated him, that means that America will invade that country (especially if it has natural resources).

I find it disturbing that people don't wish Bush killed because of the consequenses, but don't think wishing someone dead itself is morally wrong. If he were some kind of oppressive dictator I'd have some understanding with that view but Bush is the democraticly elected leader for fucks sake

So what? It was an issue here in the Netherlands shortly ago: an imam had said on television that he would be happy if a certain parliament member, one who often criticises islam, died. Of course a lot of peole were pissed off to hear him say that. Even if somebody says something you totally disagree with it's still disgusting to cheer overhis grave. What I've read here makes me thing people here have no regard for the value of life.