Mozilla FireFox

Guys. When do you learn. . . ;)

opera-sound.JPG

And each website can have it's own set of preferences. That's why my online bank thinks I am using IE, why Fed2K lists me as FireFox. And why the rest of the web knows I use the most advanced browser on the planet ;)

(which sadly still has problems with tables and certificates :P )

Yes, that is Opera...

Opera does has it flaws, you know gryphon. Remember that particular site where you tried to resize the text, and by making it smaller you eventually ended up resizing an image in the background? ;)

I also thought Opera wasn't free (not in the sense that it doesn't cost money), Firefox is. Hence all the extensions which are dowloadable. There are some that make browsing hell of a lot easier...

Opera indeed still has flaws.

Just like Linux, all the good stuff in live is free. And so is Opera. :)

You can download the Windows version for free, just have to pay for the mobile and device versions. And on my HP travelmate the 20 Euro's is worth it compared to pocket IE...

Until about 3 months ago I also thought it was charged for. Has this been a recent change ? 3 months ago someone istalled it infront of me and I said "have you paid?" to which the reply was "you dont need to". Thats when I realised.

Now I might have considered it if I wasnt already hooked on FF..

Check the default place your your firefox bookmarks are supposed to be.

C:Documents and Settings*user*Application DataMozillaFirefox

In there somewhere.

Thanks, but I tried that. Seems they just vanished into oblivion after that update. Ah well live n learn I guess. Just never had that happen with Firefox before.  :- No big loss really, more of just an annoyance than anything else.

With "free" I didn't mean free of charge (no money), but the other concept of free. For example, software under GPL is free, meaning that you are free to modify and distribute it (and more...).

I don't think Opera is free in that way.

Until about 3 months ago I also thought it was charged for. Has this been a recent change ? 3 months ago someone installed it in front of me and I said "have you paid?" to which the reply was "you don't need to". That's when I realised.

Opera has been free of charge from version 9 I believe.

And you can't edit the source code of Opera, although if you register as a developer with Opera you can write plugins for the software.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yah, I've had that java thing for the last couple builds but it works as far as I can tell.

I'm too busy working to be on top of this stuff (50 hours last week in 40 degree weather working outside). Although I can tell you miranda 0.7 RC will be released in a couple weeks. 0.7 will be the biggest change in miranda ever (it might actually be good for the general public to use). I'll post in software thread when it is released.

• 1 month later...

Anyone get the bug where a bookmark gets an icon that is not the correct one? Takes an icon completely not related to the webpage and takes it from another website? I think it might have to do with timeouts and trying to reconnect to websites. This happens mostly with my bookmarks that I have on the bookmarks toolbar.

Any way to manually change icon? The only fix is to delete the bookmark and add it again for me.

Actually I think it mostly happens with bookmarks that don't have an icon.