Mozilla FireFox

Got the option to upgrade at work, decided not to. My Tab Mix Plus wont work ?  :O

Upgrade upshmade ! No way.

Let them fix it first. Unless its a major security issue, then...maybe, yeah. Ok. Otherwise no.

I cant live without tab management of some sort. :'(

• 3 months later...

I noticed it was updated yesterday evening. Sorry I didn't inform everyone :P

I didn't know in advance they were updating it. It didn't seem to be that big of an update.

Funny, they always have

Improvements to product stability

Along with any security fixes. They never state what they did to improve the product stability. Almost makes me think it is a marketing gimmick (but then I checked previous releases, and not all have had product stability improvements).

All my extensions work, so its all good.  ;)

No news on IE7 ?

I have seen some IE6's with tabbed browsing, probably from some of those tool bars flying around...

Also, I finally got Flashgot and getright, man they rock.

Oh look! IE7 has tabs! Too bad tabs will have came out >2 years ago when Vista is released. Same for RSS. They say they are incorporating it into everything, but the time Vista is released something could have surpassed RSS for all we know.

As long as anyone can fully uninstall/install IE7 when Vista comes out and it's not tied into the OS (like it is in previous windows), I'm sure that will make everyone happy.

Yah they changed Firefox extension thingy so that any plugin should work across all 1.5.0.x version.

I think it will break at 1.5.x or so, depending on the extension.

Not sure. It allows the extensions to work (my guess is bump up the allowed version number of the extension so it works with any new firefox, although the plugin might not work correctly if it is not supposed to.)

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed this for some time, but running firefox uses 100% CPU when pages are loading. It makes browsing a pain to do between tabs (I like to have 2-10 tabs open when checking sites a frequent), and changing between tabs when a page is loading is really slow, pretty much has to wait for the page to load before I can switch to any tab.

Think I'm gonna have to uninstall and install again. Got 10 extensions running, could be one of those.

Yeah, it might be worth a try, it works ok for me. I have had it go to 100% becuase of RA's E:BFD Whos Online Page, which autoreloads. After a while (hour or so) it would go to 100% CPU, and so the game would slow down.

I kept FF open so I could minimise emp and see what was going on. Havent had that problem for ages though.

• 3 weeks later...