Most played house?

ZeGeR

u need to come online or u should of atleast seen the things u are saying, to be wrong, because who in the hell builds turrets to protect there base. its virtually insane to waste time and money on that when u can just get a few mongoose or even bulid a hanger.

and further more ordos wasnt played back in the day as it is now, because so many people thought minos owned all. after about twenty mins of playing maybe they do but for real, all houses are not equal. Harkonnen house is by far more superior to any other house because of there equal based units. if u dont believe me cyberrotter then maybe i should show u a thing or two on emp and then , mabye then will u realize that u are completely wrong. my best regards

Harkonnen God

u need to come online or u should of atleast seen the things u are saying, to be wrong, because who in the hell builds turrets to protect there base. its virtually insane to waste time and money on that when u can just get a few mongoose or even bulid a hanger.

and further more ordos wasnt played back in the day as it is now, because so many people thought minos owned all. after about twenty mins of playing maybe they do but for real, all houses are not equal. Harkonnen house is by far more superior to any other house because of there equal based units. if u dont believe me cyberrotter then maybe i should show u a thing or two on emp and then , mabye then will u realize that u are completely wrong. my best regards

Harkonnen God

yo man , u build turrets to stop the ordos in ur base. and yes atriedes got those rocket turret things late game. but after the ordos overwhelmed their defence they build infantry tanks and turrets in a last ditch effort to push em out.

plus man atriedes players now must be nothing compared to the ones back then. i used laser tanks insane. i beat 2x my number in mongoose with laser tanks. i beat down armies of minos with laser tanks ( and a very very costly elite sardaukar on cover diversion ) but when u went up against the good atriedes players ur logic is nothing. iv seen a atriedes player take down 10 laser tanks with 5 minos ( i still dont know how but eh... ) iv seen atriedes players pull off miracles. if u remember the best ordos player ever ( i think his name was k0bratank ) even he knew what atriedes was. this game is out of its prime, the hardcore players have left. ordos is the easiest to play because u dont need a long term goal, only fast batttles. atriedes is the hardest to master because every single item has to be watched, if u let 1 devastator get in ur minos ur dead, if u let laser tanks go free ur everything is dead. atriedes is ment to be a very slow but deadly team, u gotta move up clear opposition, move up repair deploy and keep going.

also mongoose are nothing to those rocket turrets , what are YOU talking about. are u going to sacrifice an entire build option for the sake of air defence? air drones can get killed by ordos apc and get away before u know it. mongoose will just get owned by hark ( who are the only offensive air house ) ordos has no true weapon to fight the rocket turrets ( besides kobra but heh... usless... )

edit : im considering installing this just to see if u guys are truly 'masters' of ordos, or the atriedes players are just trying to be harkonnen

edit2 : and if a atriedes player cant defend against a harkonnen player ( of equal skill ) when atriedes is still playing defence then, yes all atriedes players are god aweful now. harkonnen is as easy to defend against as 1,2,3. kindjol on cover, minos overlooking the pass into base, air drones. also ur so called worthless turrets will make quick work of a tank that tries to rush in...

edit3: what are the normal setts u guys play. cause it was normally 30k money when i played ( yeah there were the few 6k money people who seemed to actually like winning by clicking skills )

Right let's look at your post carefully and objectively shall we?

"plus man atriedes players now must be nothing compared to the ones back then. "

WRONG. Atreides players then fucking suck in comparison to us now.

"i used laser tanks insane. "

Ever heard of a kobra?

"i beat 2x my number in mongoose with laser tanks. "

Wow holy shit. Who the fuck builds geese for offense anyway?

"( and a very very costly elite sardaukar on cover diversion ) "

Your elites die? Man you must suck at micro.

"but when u went up against the good atriedes players ur logic is nothing. iv seen a atriedes player take down 10 laser tanks with 5 minos ( i still dont know how but eh... ) "

Yes, this is because the Ordos player fucking sucks.

"iv seen atriedes players pull off miracles. if u remember the best ordos player ever ( i think his name was k0bratank ) even he knew what atriedes was."

He sucks in comparison to the players now. A lot.

" atriedes is the hardest to master because every single item has to be watched,"

You obviously don't understand how to play either ordos or atreides.

"( besides kobra but heh... usless... )"

Yes. We see the root of your retardation.

"and if a atriedes player cant defend against a harkonnen player ( of equal skill ) when atriedes is still playing defence then, yes all atriedes players are god aweful now. harkonnen is as easy to defend against as 1,2,3. kindjol on cover, minos overlooking the pass into base, air drones. also ur so called worthless turrets will make quick work of a tank that tries to rush in..."

Yeah all very well, except that when I attack (if I'm playing hark) you will NOT have minos, you will NOT have drones and you will have very very few kindjal.

"what are the normal setts u guys play. cause it was normally 30k money when i played ( yeah there were the few 6k money people who seemed to actually like winning by clicking skills )"

I take back my other comment. *HERE* IS WHY YOU ARE SO IGNORANT. 30k is for complete and utter noobs. Always has been; always will be. We play 10k. QM setts would be for those "people who seemed to actually like winning by clicking skills", being 6k. QM is the official setts of the game...

I think that was profitable, don't you?

yo man i do not believe u guys can be better. im totally serious about this dude using 5 minutes to kill 10 laser tanks. what i saw atleast was that he shot using attack ground ( i didnt see much, havnt played awhile, dont even know if attack ground is in ebfd )and microing. plus why wouldnt u use mongoose for offence. u people use kobras and dont use mongoose? thats just insane

1. kobra die to hark and atriedes , its only usfull against ordos , im sure that harkonnen player can clear for that

3. mongoose have a freakin auto lockon rocket its a portable air and ground defence cannon, i mean god... mongoose and minos are the ultimate counter to laser tanks / kobra ( still usless... )

5. plus, if u use laser tanks right u can destroy the enemy. i dunno how , but i always just waited and then always chose the perfect time to attack. by not sticking in their spice they wouldnt defend as severly. also ( we only had 2v2 remember ) i normally played with a atriedes player. so we kinda knew what the other was gonna do. and ordos laser tanks and atriedes drones + minos = lots of fun. 1v1 when i played was really only for tournament, so alot of what i say is based on the fact of u having a teammate.

7. we played 30k money cause we figured this. why do u want do win by clicking (clicking what to build, when to build it) this isnt a freakin mmorpg. we relied on our real skills to win.

i really shouldnt even be trying to argue, u people play this game so different... u people dont play the game for the beauty of its actual combat, just clicking to get res, clicking to build units, and then maybe attacking. plus man, if u say k0bratank play ud know hes the best. u cant get better im sorry, ur only thinking by comparison now.

also , there is seriously a ordos song that i need, it isnt in the dload section, its this really fast paced one that is great. so if anything knows where it is....

1. How do kobras die to harkonnen and Atreides? I'd simply love to know how you would kill my kobras.

2. Building geese is totally pointless when you could be building minos instead. End of story.

3. Yeah that's just a retarded answer, and I think the phrase 'i dunno how' spearheaded it nicely.

4. Because speed, build order and micromanagement is central to the game's strategy, not building every damn unit at fucking once because you have infinite cash and therefore your economy requires NO management.

" u people dont play the game for the beauty of its actual combat, just clicking to get res, clicking to build units, and then maybe attacking. plus man, if u say k0bratank play ud know hes the best. u cant get better im sorry, ur only thinking by comparison now."

And you would know because of all the games you've played with us? Come play and die, or are you afraid your little bubble of ignorance may be burst?

I played k0bratank. He wasn't very special, not to mention that he was best at Atreides, NOT Ordos.

first i havnt played in 2 years lol, second i can tell u have to kill cobras

1. mongoosem, 2 of em

2. minos, 1

3. hark tanks, 1

4. laser tanks, 2-3

5. elite sardaukar, depends

6. fedaykin, depends

7. the hark missle... tank..., 1

8. planes, 1 ( ordos has a really hard time with air, doesnt matter if ur so great as u say )

9. niab tank, 1

10. ix projector, 1

i can go on but ur just gonna say "im to good to die so there"

also man, whats wrong with a quick start of the game? just cause we dont like to sit there going "hay u win cause uv played more and know the exact timings to build things" hell i mean, why should the dude whos better at playing rts lose to the dude who blind rushes into everything but played more and knows the build timings. and simply thats why u dont indulge into the beauty of combat, only that u played more.

do u honastly expect me to come online, lose, get taunted by everyone, simply because i havnt played in 2 years and dont know the build order?

do u honastly expect me to come online, lose, get taunted by everyone, simply because i havnt played in 2 years and dont know the build order?

And there is no such thing as one allmighty build order for any house.  You may know a good one but most old players know many for each house.

actually dude, us 'noobs' could still kill gloobs, so even if we are 'newbs' we still had actual battles. and the 30k cash lasted 1 battle, then u went from there. u should try 30k cash lol, makes the game worthwhile.

but this is the real problem of rts, once everyone gets good at it they call it newb to play high cash, then newb to play medium cash, and then the only time u cant be called newb is to play on the settings the experts have mastered....

edit : i may seem crazy, but im still looking for that one ordos song !!!

im gonna buy a new game and look for that song lol, unless somebody can tell me where it is :D

Get the game. come online and play 30k. and see 4 yourself what their talking about. I played in the so called hey day and in the middle ground when WOL was dying and now on XWIS.

Never became elite or even real good but learned to hold my own most of the time. and always have have FUN no matter how i get slam dunked by those online.

So come on down and have a game you will be surprised at how things have changed, don't worry about ownage just enjoy the game and the friendly atmosphere that exist online these days.

The guys berating you here will help you on there it's in their best interest after all for you to improve and present them with a real challenge.

so come on get online all you old players and experience the thrill that only empy gives. ;)

Lets stop talking, cyb, start playing. Come online, play 30k, play your setts, do you bo's, and you never know, you might still beat these guys, but you will not know until you do it. Otherwise, there is no point in this discussion between them and yourself.

I am happy to play you on any setts (happy if its not the standard 10k, fishers plain  ::)) and you should do well.

Guns, all my games are for fun, but that does not mean they cannot be competitive. As for the non-standard 10k, well it gets kind of samey, but still playable, so it is nice to use the other settings that are there for us to use.

Sorry if my wanting to occasionally use another setting has offended you, that was not my intention.

Also, I didn

1.) for who? ... thats the question... yes the setts are there FOR a use.. but for noobs? .. fine then let them play... but dont berate the veterans for not wanting to play on them

Berate ? Tell me where ?

2.) Yes it is offensive because you rookie players think that we veterans cannot play on any other setts... which we can... most of us have all the setts mastered.... if you want me to guild rush you on 30k.. fine sett it to 30k... but you will be begging me to switch it back to 10k i promise you that.

Again, where ? Where does it say that in my posts ? Veterans cannot play on any settings ? HAHAHA ! I know apo can play bloody well on any settings. I know Leo can play bloody well on any settings. I know that most of the players that excel on the usual settings can play bloody well on any settings.

It seems to me you have misunderstood me completely. I WANT you to guild rush me and wipe my whole force of the face of Arrakis with a huge guild army. I want change sometimes. I know veterans can play much, much better than me on all settings. I do not understand why the settings are always the same and would like a change. Why you, someone who makes out like he understands so much, cannot understand this, and instead makes out like I have said things I have not, I do not understand.

We used to play 2k a lot while back, when apos minipatch came out. That was a nice change.

By the way, I would never beg you to go to 10k.

3.) Wrong...  we veterans are use to all the setts.. how could we play this game for 3 years and not have done so?...  we have played all the setts... and all the maps....  and we have discovered that some setts are exploitable and unenjoyable.... and some maps are exploitable and unenjoyable. 

For instance on Arged Desert map with starting units.... the top rock players can quickly drive his kobra around to back of the bottom rock which has no entrance there.. and he can destroy the player's mcv before he knows whats happened.

Also on low money on sandy pass  harkonnen can usually beat ordos 9 times out of ten.

On broken plains/fishers plains on 30k it is easy to turtle and guild rush the hell out of your enemy..... guild rushes are not very enjoyable and was the main reason for people to go to low cash.... perhaps you do not understand cause nobody has raped you with guild yet....

Maybe "not used to them" was the wrong phrase here. I think perhaps "not as familiar with" might have been better. Why is it that almost always fishers plain that is used ? What is the reason ?

4.)  You can be a wiseguy all you want.... but the truth is that the veterans are the main hosts on the server... so yea.. in a way we do give permission.... dont like it?  Then start hosting your own games.

Mwahahahaha !  ;D

fishers plains is always used because the rocks are spaced out equally and the rocks are shaped symetrically ... which allows for nice base designs... also the spice is the most fair on fishers plains because everyone gets their own spice field (or close to one).

And you said that

Lets stop talking, cyb, start playing. Come online, play 30k, play your setts, do you bo's, and you never know, you might still beat these guys, but you will not know until you do it. Otherwise, there is no point in this discussion between them and yourself.

I am happy to play you on any setts (happy if its not the standard 10k, fishers plain  ::)) and you should do well.

You take offence at my comments, expressing my preference to someone else, and tell me I am the one insinuating things ?

Please tell me, in replies to my

not rigid at all..... its quite simple... go host your own game... sett the setts to whatever you please.... then if someone comes into your room and likes the setts... they will play.

quite simple.

Not rigid ? Are you shure about that ?

People will come in to such a host, then do exactly what you say you do not like them doing, dictating. Off with the LW, off with the FOW, etc. etc. But I am not so rigid. I have played, and do still play, with those popular settings. I will modify my host.

And Navaros was also rigid. It was his choice, as it is ours, whose of us who still play, but I don