Fixing Canada (I'm now a permanent resident)

ACElethal:

A columnist at National Post or something wrote an article about selling PEI to the Japanese since they love anne so much. He got in a lot of shit and so on. :)

And I never read Anne, although there is a 40 or so year old book of it in my house.

@emprworm:

I'm sorry but were not all lazy people outside of Alberta. ::)

Unless you were only referring to these types of people:

Nice to think that you are funding suzie and stacy, an out of work lesbian couple with 4 kids sucking off the tax system, their next methodone hit.

Alas, I've never read it either.  It's more of a girl's book.  I never even watched the CBC miniseries.

Wolf, the first referendum (1980) was 59.56% against vs 40.44% in favour.  The second (1995) was 50.58% against vs 49.42% in favour.

It wasn't a statistical poll.  There is no margin of error in a referendum.  Those who don't vote waive their say in the matter.

Another referendum would currently fail.  The 1995 referendum was the only one that had any hope of succeeding, and it failed by the slimmest of margins.  Since then, the Quebec Premier Lucien Bouchard, who was arguably the most responsible for building separatism to the extent it existed, stepped down, moved to the US and was replaced by a guy mostly regarded as a dud.

I didnt know what PEI was until you mentioned anne , now I know  :) I have the video box set, and watch it all the time, the one with megan folllows, if I was to visit Canada, I would want to see PEI first, before any other part of Canada.

Now back to topic.

As a outsider I would say No to seperation, the margin is close at 51/49, but its still a lot of people who dont want to see Canada devided, im probably biased, as I dont like the french.  :)

Shy  ::)

Quebec separating would mess Canada and Quebec up seriously.

Someone did a presentation on Anne this spring in my ENG 381 class.

bwhaha, I have relatives that live in Annes Land!

Visiting the grave, house and farm etc, are all very fun things to do (for anne fans).

They even have Anne pop (or juice I forget, but it is pretty good, got a free sample.)

Virtual tour of the house:

http://www.gov.pe.ca/greengables/index.php3

The anne of green gables musical is supposed to be really good too. (usually sells out)

http://www.confederationcentre.com/eventdetail.asp?eventID=330

Take it outside you two...

For the record, I was only giving Emprworm a taste of his own medicine. Since he enjoys emotional soapbox speeches so much, I wondered how he would feel if I used his own type of rhethoric against him.

But I also ended up proving a point that conservatives often try to deny: The fact that the Right is the side of the wealthy, of the rich and powerful, while the Left is the side of the poor, of the oppressed and exploited. The little war between me and Emprworm is also an excellent example of class struggle...

But anyway, I don't want to take this thread off-topic. Carry on. :)

For the record, I was only giving Emprworm a taste of his own medicine. Since he enjoys emotional soapbox speeches so much, I wondered how he would feel if I used his own type of rhethoric against him.

But I also ended up proving a point that conservatives often try to deny: The fact that the Right is the side of the wealthy, of the rich and powerful, while the Left is the side of the poor, of the oppressed and exploited. The little war between me and Emprworm is also an excellent example of class struggle...

But anyway, I don't want to take this thread off-topic. Carry on. :)

problem is that I've already shown that the world's richest people favor the side of the left, and favored it as they were aquiring wealth.  (i.e. they weren't on the right, got wealthy, and then moved to the left)

Those who are on the left, are the biggest exploiters of all.

Oh...so that's why Mahatama Gandhi gave up all his money, his career, and lived in abject poverty trying to peacefully resist British occupation of his homeland!  At least by your logic, he is on the Left, thus this historic man exploited  the people greatly!