War Films

fremfedeliteNIAC

Hmm lets see, iv'e got S.P.R. and black hawk down, Grave of the fireflys sonds really cool (if its japenise its got to be overly realistic(if you can have that))

Casultys of war ive heard of but never seen so I'll get that i think, and heroes of telemark iv'e heard of too but never seen. And nine lives iv'e never heard of and... never seen as well hehe, so i'll have to get that too. Oh and platoon sounds really cool, I completly forgot about it, thanks.

Hmm...I watched 'Grave of the fireflies' before.It follows a Japanese civillian boy and his small sister as they wander around WW-2 time Japan running out of food.The army is rationing them as they are using it for their invasion.But as usual,they never say Japan is INVADING other countries,but just "at war" with other countries.

I recommend 'We were soldiers' apart from what other people have recommended before me.It shows the other side of the war during the Vietnam war-i.e.The wives of the casualties' feelings as they receive the telegraphs containing 'bad news'.

Hmm...I watched 'Grave of the fireflies' before.It follows a Japanese civillian boy and his small sister as they wander around WW-2 time Japan running out of food.The army is rationing them as they are using it for their invasion.But as usual,they never say Japan is INVADING other countries,but just "at war" with other countries.

I recommend 'We were soldiers' apart from what other people have recommended before me.It shows the other side of the war during the Vietnam war-i.e.The wives of the casualties' feelings as they receive the telegraphs containing 'bad news'.

Well, i prefer the tention of the battlefield or the lethal dilemas, fear, hate etc(good old fear and hate), but the aftermath is really good too, so, i'm gunna get that too i think. It doenst bother me that much that Japan doens'nt tell the whole truth, cause i already know what they were doing-as long as it's a good film.

I've never seen All Quiet on the Western front though, (heard it's really good) thanks andrew.

I also think there is a quite-old movie that is set in the WW2 battles in the North African deserts.It's called 'Tank'.There is an american guy with some british driving an allied tank and they across the desert to their designation,and pick up people along the way,an african-muslim man,an Italian,a German pilot whose plane has crashed,etc. I like that movie too.

1. Platoon. This by far the best war movie, Tells the horros of war from a fresh recruit to a battle hardened vet, The enemy how he devlopes a hate for them, how he doesn't think he will ever make it home.

2.We were soldiers. A very good movie showing both the vietnamease side and the home front, from training of an airborn unit to a battle, the same battle that defeated the french and allowed the Vietnamease their freedom.

3.Saving Private Ryan, Very good it made my grandfather with altimerz cry(He had forgotten the war a while ago but the movie managed to bring everything back, the beaches of Normandy where he landed with the first infantry division)

4. Band of brothers. Good book turned into a good movie series and they are very acurate to the book.

5.Black hawk Down...Not bad, story of americans trapped in hostile somalian city waiting for rescue.

Let's not forget these:

-Schindler's List

-The Great Escape

-Empire of the Sun

-The Dirty Dozen

-Das Boot

-Dr Strangelove

-Lawrence of Arabia

-Life is Beautiful

-Bridge on the River Kwai

-Casablanca

-Gone with the Wind

-Where Eagles Dare

-Sophie's Choice

My favorite? Honestly, I enjoyed 'A Bridge Too Far', 'Schindler's List' and 'The Great Escape', the most.

-The Patriot (Best Revolutionary War film ever!)

Terrible. Thank god its the only Revolutionary War film...ever!

Don't forget All Quiet on the Western Front.

Which one?

1. Platoon. This by far the best war movie,

Nope. Good but not 'by far the best'.