~Matrix Rising~

exatreide

MATRIX RISING

A RPG BY

Exatreides

If anyone has watched the Animatrix they know of the Second Rennisance. This is based at the the beginning of the Second Rennisance slighty before the atomic bombardment of the machine capital.

The Nations of Earth are relizing the incredible danger of the Machines, many of the nations are still blind to the danger, others are enganging the others in War.

You select either a character or nation in this. You can even have both which means you can post as a nation and as your characters. You must build up a military to defend yourselfs from the machines, fight other nations or even use diplomacy with the machines. However the fallowing are musts

The Machine Capital must be bombarded with nuculer weapons early in the thread.(The machine capital is located in the middle of the Sadi Arabian desert

The Sky can be darkneed this will destroy most of the solar energy powerd machines roughly 50% of there army, but it will also doom the human race as plants require sunlight to function, This is a last ditch option only to be used at the destruction of the last human base.

If your nation is defeated by the machines or another nation you can take refuge in the human base in the anartic to rebuild, the machines can not attack this continent untill all of the human nations have been wiped out this means that if you flee there you have to stay there untill the machines come to you.

The Machine capital is located in centeral Sadi Arabia, From here the machines will slowly extend out word north, west, and east. So People in america, East asian, Australia wont be effected at the beggings of the machine march.

Nukes are allowed but only against the machines, They are destructive but the radiation and other effects has no effect on machines.

No Super armies coming from no where.

Can not kill other peoples characters with out permission.

Cry havok and let lose the hounds of war!

Encrypted Turkish Military Message.

We repeat Massive Machine Movements near Ankara, Light worker mechs and others, No military weapons detected.

They apear to be protesting, this is the 4th protest in Ankara in the past 5 days.

They have lacked any permits or other forms of authorization, Those that show up will be arrested or if neccisary destoryed.

All Military Personel on high alert.

~End Messege~

Sharpie handed the messege to the next advisor deeply disturbed about what it had read.

I'll be China.

Ever since the establishment of Zero One, the human nations suffered greatly in their economy. And being the largest machine producer, China suffered the most. Something needs to be done to lift the country away from the depression, a war...

"The trade deficit with Zero One had increased by 150% for the past 6 months..."

"This can't continue!"

"We need to do something...we shall go to war with the machines."

"But how? We'll need a good reason for it. All countries now rely heavily on the machines' industrial products! There would be trade embargos, or worst, they might even help fight against us!"

"Then make them fight on our side...the summit!"

(OOC: So after how many posts should the summit be held? I'm refering to the one in the anime where the machines sent representatives...then Zero One would be nuked soon after that)

"President Coyle, a summit has been called to discuss Zero One."

The president turned from looking out of his window to look at his aide.

"Ok. We shall go to the confrence. Now leave me and send in General Skye."

As the aide walked out and the general walked in the president turned to looking back out the window.

"You asked for me Mr. President?"

"Yes I did, how are our nuclear stockpiles?"

"Huge, sir. Ever since the creation of Zero One we have been building and stockpiling nuclear weapons. Our research and development section has even come up with something interesting to combat the Machines, should war commence."

This perked the president's intrest. He turned towards the general.

"Really?"

"Yes sir. The project is codenamed Eternal Twilight. As you know about half of the machines are solar powered."

"So?"

"Well sir, Eternal Twilight launches multiple specially-designed warheads into the atmosphere and, upon detontaion, these warheads spread a chemical into the air which causes clouds to create and darken."

"So? It's like a rainstorm-"

"No sir. Not a rainstorm. These clouds will never rain. They will never disappear. They will forever block out the sun."

"A summit, president?"

"A summit. I shall attend of course..."

"Are you sure that's wise sir?"

"Are you questioning me?"

"No sir."

"The machines have gained a vast profit from their construction expertise. I want a piece of that money, Tchuevski, I want a large chunk of that money."

"And how do we go about getting it? A war would-"

"No, not war. I have learned from history. Wars are expensive in every sense of the word. No, I have a better idea..."

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom was prepared for all out war on the machines, he could not fight with sheer man power as Britain is a smaller country than most. Instead they had developed..........

OOC:Whats the date? 3000AD?

I need to know so I can keep it realistic.

The Machine Capital must be bombarded with nuculer weapons early in the thread.(The machine capital is located in the middle of the Sadi Arabian desert

The Machine capital is located in centeral Sadi Arabia, From here the machines will slowly extend out word north, west, and east. So People in america, East asian, Australia wont be effected at the beggings of the machine march.

Pardon the interruption...but...

Hmm, since I watched the Animatrix, I'll make some corrections on "01" being in the middle of the Saudi Arabian desert...

The Instructor, (the narrator "program" of the Zion Archives and technically, the whole Second Rennaissance), told that after the machines were banished from humanity, "...they settled in the cradle of human civilization...(etc, etc)...and they christened the nation, "01"."

Everyone who took geography class knows that the "Cradle of Civilization" is Mesopotamia...also known as Iraq.

Hope you'll take this in good consideration. Now we return to our normal RP'ing...

I know that but as Iraq is settled by humanity at the moment and the massive NUCULAR BOMBARDMENT of Iraq is not a good thing for the people there i decided to move it somewhere close to the cradle of humanity and the middle of the desert is good for nukeing.....

"You do not have permission to enter the city for a rally." The loudspeaker blared in Turkish.

"Leave at once or we will open fire." Another blared.

5,000 Turkish troops lined up assult rifles ready, tanks and infantry fighting Mechs all blocking the road.

"We will not be stopped the world will know of our sacrifice." One of the machines blared back.

"Stop at once or you will be fired apon." The 10,000 Plus machines continued their march on Ankara.

The cry went up.

"FIRE AT WILL, ALL FORCES COMMENSE FIRING." The machines fell in droves.

Not firing back they were decimated, Turkish helicopters opened up from above firing depleated Uranium 50 caliber rounds cut through the lightly armord machines light tin foil they fell in droves.

But not one turned back.

The machine Rally was ended by a Artillery strike from near by Gudul.

The smoking wrecks of machines were sprayed with water to put out any fires or short any remaning circuts they were then pushed off the road into a massive Ditch

This was the first massive instance of violence against the machines.

"We have sent a messege to 01 today." President Rodrigues stated,"That we will not longer be the pawn of the machines growing econemy. That Turkey stands on its own."

He stopped for a moment.

"I will be going to the meeting but before I go. I wish the complete Destruction of all Machine Workers and military personel from Turkey and Northern Cyprus. This Ends Here." He slammed his fist on the table the paintings shaking at the force.

Pope Innocent XVII looked at the report with sadness. How could the Turks be so insane as to fire on unarmed machines? So what if they didn't have souls?

"Send this message to 01," said the Pope to his aide," We send our deepest sympathies for the Turkish assault on your workers. If Italy can help in any way, please feel free to ask...as long as it isn't violent."

He turned to another aide," Send a message saying we will not attend a meeting to make war on 01. We won't commit ourselves to violence."

Both aides nodded and ran off. The Pope turned to face the man in the shadows,"What do you think the machine response will be?"

The Jesuit didn't respond at first, and then said," A complete assault on Turkey most likely..."

(But in the anime it shows the Arabian peninsula as the home of the machine capital, despite what the narrator is saying.)

"01 has sent us a messege." The Presidents Aid said sliping him the peice of paper.

It read as fallows.

~Messege To Turkish President Rodrigues~

You have Taken Action against Un Armed Machines who only wished to peacefully protest the abuse that Turkey subjects Them to.

01 can not stand by this.

Effectivly Imeditly 01 will place sanctions on The Nation of Turkey, all ties with 01 will be cut and all Turkish Citizens will be deported at once.

~End MEssege~

Rodrigues crumpled the paper and threw it in the waste basket.

"That may work on other Western nations, but Turkey has the advantage in this." He said angerd.

"That is?"

"We are a backwords nation, The most advanced things we have is our military, 75% of our agriculture still relies on early 22d century tech. The sanction will harm us yes it will indeed. But it lacks the teeth that 01 is trying to use."

"Continue with the destruction of the 75,000 Machines in Turkey?"

"Exelerate this. Begin Fortifcations of the Turkish-Syria, Turkish-Iraq, and Turkish-Irainan boarder. Call up all reservs and Change Military Status to Defcon 3."

"Are you preparing for war Mr. President?"

"Turkey must be protected."

Send This Messege back.

~Zero One~

The Federal Republic of Turkey Severs all Ties with Zero One as well. Turkey Does not respond well to Threats against its citizens.

All 75,000 Remaining Machines in Turkey will be sent back to 01

Piece By Piece.

~End Messege~

"This is RNN breaking news. Moments ago, Italian President Antony D'Adezzio transferred government authority to Pope Innocent VII. Italy is now under Papal control," said the newscaster," The first thing on the agenda, sanctions against Turkey for its atrocities against the machines."

"General, the message was confirmed to be intercepted."

"Very well...now we could preceed with the next step of our plan."

~Production plant, somewhere in China~

"Are they done?"

"Absolutely, general. No one would regonize the truth."

"Good, now load them onto the cargo!"

~Shenzhou Military airport, Inner Mongolia~

Three T-130s hand just lifted-off...Under thei bellies they were each carrying a MPC.

~Beijing~

"Contact Turkey and the US"

"Yes premier."

Encrypted message to Turkey and the US:

[hide]I wish a confidencial military meeting to be held at Beijing before the summit. The meeting would be about the 01 issues, as well as forming an allience between the 3 countries.[/hide]

The T-130s would arrived at their destination after 3 posts.

Carrying under them were:

1500 exo-skeletons(those you see in the anime)

5000 military personnals of various positions

2 MPC, carrying the troops and their supplies, as well as materials for a small outpost.

1 MPC, modified to carry a stleath generator and it's power supplies.

*MPC(Multi-Purpose Craft). Made out from the threaded vehicles that squashed a machine in the protest(refer to second renniance, part 1). Looks like a harverster in dune 2, even larger in size though. Usually serves as cargo, APC for infantry or exo-skeletons, but can be modified for more purpose like a MCV, or as stated above, a mobile stleath generator.

"Do not place sanctions on Turkey."

"Yes, president."

"Do not make any hostile moves towards the machines."

"Yes, president."

"I do hate dealing with fanatics..."

"President?"

"Offer our congratulations to the Pope for his masterful diplomacy, and trade agreements for the new Italy."

"Yes, president."

"I sense violence..."

"Yes, president?"

"Commence plan Omega."

"Yes, president."

President Mikhail Ildvev sat and stared at the map of his country. He really wished that he wasn't surrounded by yes-men like Tchuevski...

"Accept the trade deal with Russia," said the Pope to a Cardinal.

"Yes Holiness," said the Cardinal.

The Pope rose from his seat and walked over to the balcony, with a wonderful look of Rome spread before him. He was glad Italy never really embraced using thinking machines largescale, that would put them in the thick of events. No, he was content to stay nuetral as long as he could.

"Beautiful isn't it Holiness," asked a voice from behind him.

Pope Innocent XVII cringed, he disliked that Jesuit behind him," Yes. What do you want?"

"Permission to send one of my own people along with the Russian trade delegation."

"You will do it even without my blessing," said the Pope melancholy.

"Yes."

"Then send one, no more than that."

"Thank you Holiness."

The Pope cringed at the man's tone. He would have to do some house cleaning soon. One could never let a certain Order become more powerful...Mother Church had learned this several times, including the Knights Templar.

Rockets raced out of the Jeeps into the hoard of fleeing machine workers. The screaming was soon ended by defening roars.

"Damn machines." One of the soldiers spat in Turkish.

"Took my job, and now trying to take over my country." Another spat.

"I say kill em all." Ryan Sharpie said aiming his rifle at the last machine moving, its torso had been blown in numerous peices, its left arm was still conected to the head it was trying to crawl away. He fired a single burst into the back of the machines head and spat.

"Sector 119 Clear of Cybernectic lifeforms." Sharpie reported into the radio.

"Procede to sector 120 for Clean up." The voice came back.

"Confirmed."

Rodrigues Arived at the Conference hall and waited for the other members to arive.

Messege to the People Republic Of China

[hide]We Are Interested[/hide]

Cleansing of Turkey at 40% procedeing at 20% per post.

"Condemn the genocide being committed by Turkey," said Pope Innocent XVII with a heavy sigh to the Cardinal at his side," and then cut all Italy/Turkey trade."

Meanwhile on the other side of town, the Jesuit who had dared challenge the Pope was coming home. He inserted his e-key into the door and it began to open. As it opened he looked up into a spray of bullets...

"Are 'they' on the 'cargo'?"

"Yes premier."

"Are the lines confirmed to be secured?"

"Yes premier."

~Connecting to other peers...Done~

Message to the Federal Republic of Turkey and The United States of America:

[hide]I'am grateful for your intrest in the meeting. I'll make sure that your decision is correct.

Our issues here is to form a military pact, and commence a joint-operation in taking over 01.

I have already sent a task force to the Arabin Peninsula and they would arrive 2 posts later. I hereby wish that Turkey and the US put 01 under siege through a blocade, thus forcing 01 to sent their representives to the summit through Italy.[/hide]

=Beijing International Airport=

"Thank you for choosing China Airlines. We're about to take off in 3 mintues time, please fasten your seatbelts. We would arrive to Italy in 8 hours..."

Task force arriving destination 2 posts later.

Flight arriving Italy in 1 post.