WestWood Forum Users: To ease the transition

Mahdi

This is the same thread as the "Welcome WestWood Forum users", however this first mesage contains new content.

There has been some confusion about where posts are supposed to go and why so many have been moved by Gob and myself.  To help you out, here's a quick list of what should go in what forum:

Anything about mods, making maps, or other Dune Editing posts should go into the Dune Editing forum.

Any posts about Strategy should go into the various strategy forums.

Any other post about Emperor should go into this forum.

Any post about this forum, site, or non-dune related posts should go in the General forum.

This is to keep these forums a bit easier to use, navigate, and prevent one forum from getting three pages worth of new posts.  If you post a topic in this forum that doesn't belong here, myself or Gob will just move it to the correct forum, you won't be in any trouble for posting in the wrong forum by mistake, it happens.  It just makes our jobs a lot easier if you think about where to put your messages before just posting them in here.

Original message:

Hello, my name is Mahdi and I will be deleting, locking, and editing your posts from now on.

Just kidding.

I guess you all know me  ;D

For those of you who don't, I've been an active member on the offcial boards and started the lockup thread to provide technical help to those who needed it.. As you might know, the lockup thread reached 1570+ posts.. with that, breaking all records on an official Westwood forum..

I'll try to continue my support here..

Well, for everyone who doesn't know me... I'm Terror... that's all I am.... all Terror on this world is caused by me... I fight peace in every way I can and I'm destined to be the next ruler of this galaxy... I already sent Emperor Palpatine, Baron Vladimir and the Devil out to accomplish my goals but I will finish this business once and for all in about 2 years..... so when you here on the news in 2004 that many people dying on a painfull way remember me...

Oh btw.. one tip.... you can either join me or fight me..... but i would advice the second one  ::)

These forums used to be a lot "looser" but then people began to take advantage of that, like at the westwood forums, so we had to tighten the rule enforcement up quite a bit.

I'd rather let a lot of this stuff go, but then people start psoting way to much crap and ruining the boards.

Doc Nyar, have you got the ww lockup thread backed up? It'd be a shame to lose it...

If there was a thread like that one from the WW forums that you likes (unless it was an offtopic one) start it up here.

And enjoy your time here at Fed2k.

Mahdi I 've taken a short look at the board rules. Most of it makes sence, but I also saw you couldn't post things about illegal activities. There is an Emperor mod, wich is not entirely legal (cough cough). Can we discuss things about the mod?

Mahdi I 've taken a short look at the board rules. Most of it makes sence, but I also saw you couldn't post things about illegal activities. There is an Emperor mod, wich is not entirely legal (cough cough). Can we discuss things about the mod?

Mods are fine to talk about, but I suggest doing it in the Dune Editing forum, which is there for talking about mods.  I don't think they're illegal unless you sell them, as stated above.  Westwood doesn't mind them, so even if they are illegal (which I really doubt) it's not a problem.

well hello, i too have moved from the westwood forums.  Gob did a great job there and i'm sure he is doing the same here ;D my online nick is the same djcid and i also did the music for the  Kwisatz Haderach mod.  I know it sounds a lil funny in game... not sure why but the game slows it down (it should actually be almost twice as fast)  you can grab it separately (w/o the mod) to here what its supposed to sound like...  just check my sig.  and if you already have the mod just find the musica zip the mp3 came in.  Im not sure if there is a way to edit the music.txt to tell the game to play the song faster (w/o effecting the other Houses' songs) or if I have to redo the song twice as fast to sound right...  I'd hate for that to be the only option seeing as most ppl already dl them and probably wouldn't not again, so I'm hoping something can be done with text...

on the same but different note i notice there were over 700  :O dl of the mod.... where are you ppl  ????  are you playing it online?  I think Im one of  maybe 5 that have played it online, and one of the games was a 3way ffa (am sure that's a record for the mod ;D).

I had a topic in WW forum aboot mappacks and the mod... kinda like a list of who all has them... but it died out... am not aware of one like that over here and will start if it might be of help in matching up ppl for games with mapacks and mod.  I get tired of playing knife fight and fishers plain every other game ;D

hope to see you on the battle field! 8)