FED2k Emperor Ladder

Gobb- I would first like to thank you for giving us this ladder, you have done a terrific job. Also, I do not intend for this post to take away from or put down your work in any way.

It appears that the point system we use on the Fed2k ladder is very similar to the system on the WOL ladder. The way that points are awarded puts the players with the most games played at the top. Points awarded for a win against a noob are not much different than for a win against an elite player. With the system as it stands, a noob player can play lots of other noobs and climb right to the top. I have some ideas for a change in the point system that may make skill level more important than time to play lots of games.

Heres my idea :

1. Minimum points for a win in any game - 5 points minimum, 50 for first win.

2. A win against a player with more points than you, you get his points +5.

3. A win against a player with more than 50 points, but less than your total, you recieve 10% of your oponents points.

Examples :

1. Mr. Noob wins 10 games against all noobs. He recievs 50 points for first game and 45 points for the other 9. A total of 95 points for 10 games.

2. Mr. Elite wins 10 games against players with an average of 200 points each. He gets 205 points for the first game and 180 points for the other 9. A total of 380 points for 10 games.

3.Player A has 300 points , player B has 0 points. Player B wins and is awarded 305 points for that game.

A format similar to this would place skill level at higher priority than # of games played, and would place the most skilled players at the top of the ladder. I'm sure that my idea has lots of holes that I have not considered, so some input would be good. Maybe a change like this would promote some good games between elite players fighting for the #1 spot.I would even appriciate some input from Nav as I'm sure he can point out all of the flaws.

Well the current system does not reward players the same number of points if they keep playing people with 0 points. So lets say Brennq, as an example since he is currently first, keeps playing people with 0 points. Every win is going to give him fewer and fewer points. For example:

[tt]+-----------+------+-----------+------+-----------+

| idno | pts0 | nam0 | pts1 | nam1 |

+-----------+------+-----------+------+-----------+

| 114939181 | 32 | brennq | 0 | freowulf |

| 114939437 | 29 | brennq | 0 | harkorex |

| 114940160 | 26 | brennq | 0 | quarzman |

| 114940311 | 24 | brennq | 0 | korlover |

| 114941201 | 22 | brennq | 0 | korlover |

| 114942985 | 20 | brennq | 0 | warskum |

| 114960591 | 19 | brennq | 0 | atomic245 |

| 114963470 | 17 | brennq | 0 | jwendli |

+-----------+------+-----------+------+-----------+[/tt]

But if Brennq was to play someone who did have points he would be rewarded with more points for a win and vice-versa.

i believe that i had 396 points or something like that in August

why did you steal my 10 points?

the current points system is identical to Westwood's, is it not? except of course that Westwood never gives any points for games lasting under 3 minutes and this "ladder" does ::)

if this is correct, then you must ignore any body who complains about the point system being unfair [except in the case that changing Westwood's Rules is fundamentally wrong and evil]. Westwood knew what they were doing. you need to make this "ladder" identical to Westwood's, not deviate further and further from it on the whim of newbies who post here who never even played on the real WOL Ladder

I think you lost some points because you played more then 5 games against the same person.

there was no Rule against that *AT THE TIME WHEN I PLAYED THOSE GAMES*, therefore it's not fair to penalize me or anyone else for that

btw i also played about 10 games or so, all of which i Won, on the old proxy in August. do you have those results? at the time i thought you had to update the "ladder" manually so i didn't realize that they weren't recorded until after having Won several games before realizing i needed to switch to the new proxy. the games i Won with the old proxy were not added to my record.

Hey guys I'm looking through results to see if there is a field that stores what subhouses you are using. So if anyone on the ladder always, or almost always, uses the same subhouse could you post here. Also if you remember using a specific subhouse combo in a game let me know the game report number and what subhouses they were.

Ok do you know of any players who use the ladder that also always use that combo of subhouses?

I think maybe 80%-90% uses sards and feds, so it would b hard to find differences. It would b better knowing a game is played with other houses.

I remember i played against cipeta 2 times in a row this month. he had sard and the other NONE (rofl)

Does the proxy work all the time I played brennq 3 games in arrow the other night all on QM setts.I won the first two games which didnt record and lost the third game in which this game did record.Brennq said he had proxy running.I cant understand why games didnt get a report neither can brennq.

Brennqs win/loss should look like this 28/2 ::)

Can I turn of the proxy in middle of game,so game wont get report?

If you need to know my Qm nick I can IM if need be

hey i just played andi800 and he was kicking my butt tea was ready so said ok u win gtg and quit ::)

now normally i stay right to end but tea was getting cold wife moaning on so i quit but i was running the proxy. the game hasnt registared !!

this means that if your running it and opponent isnt and u quit it dont resitar the loss!!!

no wonder some are invincible lol or appear to be now im not saying anyones doing this on purpose but i thought we should all be aware and either both players run proxy or the one who is should never quit. ;)

what say you gob?