First Annual Tournament of Navaros

Navaros

yeah Nema, that's the plan, as outlined in rule #6 :)

if people want to look good, they'll have to play smart. otherwise, their stupid errors will be made public

if they do something impressive, i'll mention that too

ok guys, we got 9 players. this tourney is gonna start soon. if only we could get 3 more before the sign-ups close, then we'd have 12 and that'd make for a good tourney.

so if you know anyone other than the guys who are banned [ MordusXXX, Sarbaukar, JB, Taqwa11, bryorama, Dust Scout, wraith126, optiarb, GhostHunter, desertway, harkdawg, loweezee, neodevilbane and rigel6669] that might be interested in this tourney, please encourage them to sign-up immediately

thx

lol ;D

Nav, you mention in the opening post about all official ladder/tourney rules being in effect, for new players can you provide a link or clarify what these rules are?

Just to avoid any misunderstanding....

ok guys, we got 9 players. this tourney is gonna start soon. if only we could get 3 more before the sign-ups close, then we'd have 12 and that'd make for a good tourney.

so if you know anyone other than the guys who are banned [ MordusXXX, Sarbaukar, JB, Taqwa11, bryorama, Dust Scout, wraith126, optiarb, GhostHunter, desertway, harkdawg, loweezee, neodevilbane and rigel6669] that might be interested in this tourney, please encourage them to sign-up immediately

thx

SKUM's members are banned too, right?

sanct, if you have any specific questions about Westwood's Rules then ask them.

i can't link to them because Westwood took down all the links. any links that *are* left would be to a bastardized "5-minute Quickie-Version" of Westwood's Official Rules that was written-up for YR after Westwood stopped giving away prizes so as they didn't get sued. this version of the Rules is not the same as Westwood's Official Emperor Tournament Rules and therefore for me to link to that would be pointless.

leo - the only guys who are banned from this Tourney are guys who have flamed me in and/or spammed up this exact thread. the Mods have deleted most of their posts, but you can rest assured that everyone banned from this Tourney has flamed me and/or spammed this exact thread at least once. so if you want to sign-up, you can. anyone who is not directly listed in my "Banned" list may sign-up

cbrick, please go edit your post to include your WOL nick. thx

Nav, it might be useful to post the Westwood rules you want to follow. As you stated, you can't link them anymore. New people may not know those rules and therefore will never know if they did anything against the official Westwood rules (if they did something against the rules I mean and you are forced to exclude them from further participation).

It may save you from a lot of grief afterwards...

sign-ups are closing tomorrow so if anyone still is going to sign-up, do it *NOW*!

Round 1 Matches will be posted right after that

note: there may be a delay in when the matches take place because lately my ISP has been refusing to communicate in the middle of my connections. if that doesn't fix itself real soon, i'm gonna switch ISPs. so if that happens, i may be offline for a day or two during which time no matches can take place because i would not be able to witness them.

The sign-ups are now closed. Zilents is dropped due to the fact that he was on fed2k yesterday and did not even bother to say whether he was in or out.

I have just switched ISPs as of a few minutes ago, so if my connection ends up dropping in any of the games then you have my utmost apologies. I am not sure how reliable this new ISP is although for the first 10 minutes of use it hasn't been giving me any problems. :)

Remember, no game is valid unless I personally witness it, and it is *your* responsibility to arrange with me and your opponent a time when we will meet on WOL for the game to take place.

I encourage all of you to re-read every Rule in the first post in this thread because I will not hesitate at all to kick people out of this Tournament for violating any of them.

Round 1 Matchups are as follows:

1. Ap01ly0n vs. D3M0NGER

2. Unreached vs. NoobToxic [Eric E.]

3. Scymaxim vs. Brennq

4. Z3rl [rotaz0om] vs. sendakon

5. kylemcfly vs. atomic245

6. caidivik vs. Dunenewt1

7. cbrick04 vs. Darkd3th

...there you have it. Matches may begin as soon as myself and both listed players are together in a game. This Tournament is now on.

What are the dates?

not sure what you mean. arrange to play the games as soon as you can. i will allow you guys some time to contact and play each other because i realize not everyone comes to this site every day.

Round 2 starts when all the Round 1 games have been completed. i do not know how long all these guys are going to take to arrange games with each other and myself, so i can't give you "dates"

if however, there are problem players who are un-reachable and/or ducking for unreasonable amounts of time, they will be dealt with according to the Rules 8)