The Ulitimate guide for Emperor: Battle for Dune!

henry

The newbie guide is providing us nothing except with a few posts. It's time for us to do something!

We here, are to launch "The Ultimate guide for Emperor: Battle for Dune" Every week I'll post up an issue to be discussed by all players, providing tips and strats in various angles and point of view.

This week's issue is:

How to use different infantries.

Opening:

Infantry is vitual in all armies. No matter how powerful your tanks are, you still new them. Why? They are cheap, provides multiple functions and can overwhelm enemies quickly. An army of infantries in the early game will proove lethal for those who have not set up their defense properly, or concentrating too much on creating a few of their most powerful tanks, only to be killed by a thousands infantries(I know it is impossible, I know!) Infantries can be strong, some infantries can even fight a tank 1 on 1!

The newbie guide is providing us nothing except with a few posts

OMFGoddy god god!Ken124578's relentless hard work has been deemed "nothing except a few posts" by a newbie,ahem ahem,I mean a n00b[you said you were a n00b].

Henry,no offence but only n00bs like you will build "powerful tanks" instead of "defense" first.But who the n00b-proof hell would build defense?Even atriedes machinegunposts are a rare sight... :O

infantry add fire power to your rush, imagine infantry units as tanks, thats what they fill in for in the rush , thats why they are so defended by light tanks to prevent them from being run over, but if your atreidies and you decide to counter rush the rush which is an excellent idea and never failes when i do it, rush with alot of reg inf and bikes mixed up and in j formation if possible, regular sardukar are extremely effective in this scenario often my offensive rush is left only with sardukar with all my other units decimated this should prove how important fire power is to the atr rush so if possible build reg sards as soon as possible, before fremen against harks

Infantry only rush works a treat if you're Atreides and your opponent is Ordos. Even if the Ordos builds kobras (which will take and cost a lot) you can obliterate em with feds.

In an ordos vs ordos game gas inf are essential and they add a huge bonus to your dust force. Plus you need the barracks to get feds and sards.

Hark vs Atr - Don't use any barracks inf except troopers for air defense. Sard elites and/or feds work a treat.

Atr vs Atr - Sard elites and/or feds are pretty essential. Other than that infantry aren't required unless you're going to all-out rush. Even then they aint that useful.

Ordos vs Atr - See Hark vs Atr.

Hark vs Ordos - Infantry on either side is pretty useful although due to the buzzsaws ability to run over inf, Hark are going to benefit more that the Ordos.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to ask Henry to preview his posts before posting them ! I hate reading gibberish !

Oh and learn to spell.

Maybe Gobal could include a spelling checker, like the one in I.E. 6.0.

I am still reading Ken's newbie guide, which helped me alot !

It's amaying how many players on Wol don't know what the abreviations used by players during ingame messages mean, Myself included !

I learn't as another newbie after my first two or three posts

that most of my questions can be found by reading the newbie guide.

But it still doesn't stop me asking someone something if I can't find the specific question I need an answer to or I havn't got the time to look through all the threads.

I even had to ask how to use the deploy button properly ! lol

Having said that I would like to thank everybody that has helped me by answering my dumb questions and for having the patience to answer the same questions from different newbies ,over and over again.

To this end I think the Dune2k.com/forum is the best !gj. ;D

;) ::)

The newbie guide is full of statistics & did you know's. The reason why i'm not adding alot of strategies is because everything in emperor:bfd depends on the situation, are you going to infantry rush when your enemy has alot of minotaurs? HELL NO! and that's written in the newbie guide, minotaur is good against: infantry units, infantry unit is weak against: minotaur.

You can make more examples out of this, suppose your enemy has alot of minotaurs, what should you do? Lets see... the devastator is good against them but slow, perhaps an advanced carryall + devastator might work because it can transport vehicles quickely. Drop it next to the group and voila!

Anyway, it's a matter of taste. :P

• 6 months later...