Conflict: Middle East

Caid Ivik

okay, just played my first game. i lasted 6 months. i was trying to fend of an assault from syria when jordan decided to come over.

how do you afford to build a large military force? i kept buying forces the entire time but it wasn't even close to enough

how do you afford to build a large military force? i kept buying forces the entire time but it wasn't even close to enough

Well those US financial aid packages really help that come once a year as long as you don't make them mad. Otherwise, do as you are doing.

if i can only last that long...

my longest so far is 9 months. iraq nuked syria and the game ended with nuclear holocaust.

that's the one thing i don't like about this game, that it just ends with it saying the world is over after a single nuke is used. pffft way too unrealistic for me

cool, i just won my first game. 1 year and 7 months. started out by nuking egypt, then assasinating syria's leader after they took over jordan. ended with me invading lebanon (easy)

this game would be really hard without using nukes or assasinations or coups. anyone beat it by actually invading all four neighbors?

i have some questions:

1) is there any point in signing a military pact other than being a way to keep good relations with a country? is it basically a non-aggression pact?

2) how do you get more infantry? do you just wait for them?

3) why does nuking end the game sometimes and sometimes it doesn't?

i was thinking, maybe the nuclear halocaust only happens when a chain-reaction of nuking happens. for example, you quickly research atomic weapons and hurry up and nuke someone. no one else nukes in response, and the game continues. but if another country doesn't like you (possibly even the same country you nuked) and is a nuclear power they would nuke you in response causing a chain-reaction, which would end the game. this is just a theory, but i think if would be nice if it were that way. i hope it isn't just random

Maybe when this was made during the 80s arm race, it was assumed that nukes would become even more powerful? Or, Israel is a US Ally and Client, while all the Arab nations were Soviet client states. You nuking them, or them nuking you causes a nuclear war between the USA and USSR?

• 8 months later...