Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne

Terror

So, who has The Frozen Throne yet? And what do you think about it?

I think it's great, the story is realy good, and the new units and upgrades etc. are awesome. Plus I love all new hero's, especially the sexy warden.

Meh. It's not that great. It's ok, but not a must-go-buy-now type thing.

And IMo, most of the new units are really dumb. Like the "faerie dragon". Geesh.

And the Shadowhunter really sucks bad.

(Of course, perhaps some balancing and so forth changes have been made since the last Beta patch, though I doubt enough.)

The intro with Illidan was really cool and he looks pretty sweet, but he still runs wierdly.

All in all it is a very worthy add on.

But did you know that the bonus misson 'To Tame a Land' takes its name from an Iron maiden song based on Dune.

Illidan dies. that's absurd. Illidan is supposed to be an immortal demon, and he dies with just one cut of Arthas' sword. that's really LAME! and stupid.

Frozen Throne is dumb. you should be trying to help Arthas or better yet, Illidan. not help the good guys. who cares about the boring lame good guys? over 50% of WarCraft 3 was helping Arthas do whatever he wanted to do, so why would you not help Arthas go all the way in the Frozen Throne?

btw most people who pirated the beta of Frozen Throne are *extremely* peeved about the Shadow Hunter because they took away his mask in the Retail and apparently he looks really ugly and stupid without the mask yet with the mask he looked very cool.

FT is sweet, i like it alot.

New units/heroes are very nice addon. Btw SH is pretty good heroe, lol mask or no mask.

Personally i dont think illidan died, they left him the snow with cut, they didnt show him die and besides Arthas winning i luv it, for once a ending where the "bad guys" own not like atreides defeating harkonnen :)

i never played brood war, and i never acctually liked starcraft but in TFT theres many loose ends to chareters, plenty of possibilites to continue the story, but the question is will the story continue with another xpack or with WoW.

Cool!Just like Starcraft[also Blizzard Entertainment] where the bad guys won.

Which was utterly stupid because it destroyed all posssibility for a sequel.

You forget my friend, that there will be a sequel to starcraft, and probably because of the new race, the Zerg/Protoss Hybrid (have you ever played brood war's secret mission? There you'll find out) the zerg will have a tough fight, and possibly need the help of the protoss and the Terrans to hold that new race off.

Same goes for warcraft, after Frozen Throne comes World of Warcraft, set 4 years after warcraft 3

I wish World of Warcraft wasn't a p2p game :(

It would be so cool with such an online game with a one time sum of payment.

However, that is not possible to achieve because of the costs of maintaining and develop it further during the game.

why can't it go on? I think the combination is great, like in LOTR, very popular. What else should it be? machine guns and tanks? No thank you.

That the Warcraft series would end. Hmm not impossible, but i don't think that WoW will be the last Warcraft

Im wondering how they want to continue the storyline with an online rpg. Also heard some rumors that World of Warcraft will be the last game in the warcraft series.

I am unsure.

Because it's such a popular story.

i wouldnt think that this was last of warcraft as in rts. Maybe blizzard releases WoW now and comes back to warcraft in few years to create warcraft 4, well see how game engines have developed by that time, we could have entire new game with incredible features in future.

But Arthas is victorious already.

well he was victorious in what? he was salying last of human race when he started having these pain waves and he had to run hes ass back to kalimndor to save lich king, yes he saved him but he wasnt really victorious in anything. He didnt finish humans enitrely off, Jaina Proudmoore was nowhere to be seen in there, Orcs are running happiliy loose. Night Elves are secured, everything is fine, the campaign was about Arthas saveing lich king. And Sylvanas is now running loose with Dread Lord, she was damn close in killing Arthas but she wanted to toy with him.

And as for illidan, once more we didnt see him die, we saw him takeing a shot from Arthas's blade and left lying in the snow but now dieing. We saw Grom die when he fought Mannaroth, but not Illidan.

Plenty to go on with, perhaps with WoW or perhaps with another x pack, time will tell.

You forget my friend, that there will be a sequel to starcraft, and probably because of the new race, the Zerg/Protoss Hybrid (have you ever played brood war's secret mission? There you'll find out) the zerg will have a tough fight, and possibly need the help of the protoss and the Terrans to hold that new race off.

Except there are no Terrans or Protoss left. They're all dead. Every last one of them. Their corpes going to fight or something? ::)

Except there are no Terrans or Protoss left. They're all dead. Every last one of them. Their corpes going to fight or something? ::)

HUH?? you must've followed the starcraft story wrong. Kerrigan does not seek to destroy the Terrans and Protoss (who are by far not all dead) She tries to control them, dominate them. All the races are still alive.

i think that Blizzard will cease to exist before they put out a WarCraft 4. they've already lost 4 of their most important employees.

this is reminescent of how EA killed slowly sucked away Westwood until there was nothing left.

Blizzard is on shaky financial ground and the morale of employees is extremely low. Blizzard will probably be evaporating in the not so distant future. especially after WoW fails. Pay to Play is a niche market which very few games have ever profited from. it will always be a niche market because the majority of game buyers refuse to be extorted.

HUH?? you must've followed the starcraft story wrong. Kerrigan does not seek to destroy the Terrans and Protoss (who are by far not all dead) She tries to control them, dominate them. All the races are still alive.

Did you play the last BW mission? In the briefing, it specifically says you are finishing off their armies. The ending says that the entire UED force was wiped out, and both the Terran and Protoss fleets crippled.