The best units to defend a base or a spice field.

Procyon

just 5feds can crush all those units, first the kobras, and then u can choose who's the next(i prefer the tanks(hovers) ;D they are so fast so u need to kill them before they run away)! ;D

Dukeleeto:
[OT][Rantmode]Why does EVERYONE do that? "DukeLeto". ONE "E"!! Not two "E"s, not four "E"s, ONE!! ONE!!!! >:( >:( >:([/rantmode][/OT]

OK, I feel better now. :)

Edit: I suppose this type of thing is why I'm not Landsraad. ;)

There's no standard defence in this game, it all depends on the player, your opponent, the map and the situation.

this is true. it depends on your House, the enemy House, and how good your enemy is.

of course there are certain elite players like me who can make a wall that is unstoppable by *anything* at all, but that can only be done if i am not outclassed before getting it up (which takes quite a bit of time)

Here are some at least moderately effective combos for your average short-game spice field defense. Keep in mind these are not Set-and-Forget defensive combos. Nothing is really Set-and-Forget anyways. If you have a Fremenized enemy use the appropriate Scouts to compensate and make any needed anti-infantry addition you think work best...

Atry: 10 Deployed Kinjal to take out small, fast moving vehicles; 3-5 Minos, to stomp out the heavier vehicles; 5-10 Snipers, for worms and infantry any that gets too close, and finally 1-3 repair vehicles, replace as needed. Normally, if it is an average short game you don't have to worry about airborne attackers, as you should be trying to keep them from getting their hands on Adv. Carryalls. If it's a mid-long game add Kinjal and air drones, as you deem necessary.

Harkonnen: 2-5 Inkvines, not necessary to have the full compliment, but nice to have around; 15-20 Troopers, cheap and effective they can decimate the dreaded Laser Rush onto your fields; 2-4 Missles tanks, you'll have to replace these a lot but trust me; 3 flame tanks, for worms and any infantry stupid enough to get close; 3-10 ADPs, Minos and Kobras are evil, give them a kiss from the heavens!

Ordos: 4-7 Laser Tanks; in the event of a worm attack these can be very useful, as they are cheaper faster and best of all more attractive to a worm than your harvesters; 5-10 Dust Scouts, in quintets these skittering menaces can take down legions of oncoming infantry, and even take down single Scouts Bikes or Gooses; 10-20 Deployed Mortar Troops, you'll have to replace these often but they are cheap, fun to use, and effective against tightly packed groups of vehicles, and terrors when put inside of infantry rock; 10-15 AA Troopers, gotta keep those Buzzaws and Assault tanks away somehow!

I have only just plucked these out of my head so I'm not too sure if they will hold for long periods of time. However, I do enjoy leading worms away from my fields with Laser tanks... Eh-heh! Wormo-er! I mean Toro!

Atry: 10 Deployed Kinjal to take out small, fast moving vehicles; 3-5 Minos, to stomp out the heavier vehicles; 5-10 Snipers, for worms and infantry any that gets too close, and finally 1-3 repair vehicles, replace as needed. Normally, if it is an average short game you don't have to worry about airborne attackers, as you should be trying to keep them from getting their hands on Adv. Carryalls. If it's a mid-long game add Kinjal and air drones, as you deem necessary.

What about enemy catapults? or a group of kobra's with lasertanks?

Kobra's taking all the fire and killing the kindjal, the lasertank to pick on the minotaurs.

Kobras need to be deployed, a precious second of vunerabilty. And Minos can be told to ignore Laser Tanks. A good defensive player also knows when to turn off the Gaurd Mode so that nothing will stray away from the protective radius of lovely Kinjal.

A good defensive player also pays attention to what is happening on the Minimap, and Kobras and Laser Tanks aren't invisible. Neither are Catapults, and they are easily harrassed and destroyed by hunter groups of Scout Bikes.

Though perhaps the combo could do with a trio of Gooses or five...

Kobras need to be deployed, a precious second of vunerabilty. And Minos can be told to ignore Laser Tanks. A good defensive player also knows when to turn off the Gaurd Mode so that nothing will stray away from the protective radius of lovely Kinjal.

WOW, now that'll help you alot, really, i'm impressed :O ::) ::) ::) ::)

Exo, the whole idea was to let the kobra's take all the fire, another thing was that the kobra's only target was those kindjal units and since they can't shoot them (guard mode off) they can't damage the kobra's more, as for the lasertanks, they're just to speed up the process of destroying minotaurs.

lowzeewee: yeah, you go shoot in front of my lasertanks while i click for them to go in another direction ;)

The Ordos units can't survive against fremen units, as a few minos and some feds can clear the map from ordos quickly.......

minos + Ordos infantry+light armor vehicles = minos

feds + Kobras + lasertanks = feds

minos + feds + Kobras + lasertanks + Ordos infantry + any ordos unit = ""Minos+Feds"" hahahahaha.....lol

I don't agree with you scy :P

Really, you shouldn't think of "fedaykins will clear out those lasers and then the minotaurs will get the infantry and tanks" since you'll lose, lose badly, what can you do against a well micromanaged ordos group? NOTHING.

I don't agree with you scy :P

Really, you shouldn't think of "fedaykins will clear out those lasers and then the minotaurs will get the infantry and tanks" since you'll lose, lose badly, what can you do against a well micromanaged ordos group? NOTHING.

what's wrong?? u micromanaging?? lol...!

look, the minos always at front, and feds waiting to crush any mino's attacker, like lasertanks or kobras, the feds can easly blow them down....!

if u deploy ur kobras then i attack u with minos, and u have a group of lasertanks, what u can do?? hit-and run?? they will certainly crushed by feds......

Artiedes Rule!!!!!

Really, scy, get this little thing straight ok?

I AM NOT ATTACKING WITH 1 UNIT AT A TIME.

Right, now that that's done, what ARE you going to do against those lasertanks and minotaurs, come on, if you're going to attack those kobra's you're in for a nasty surprice, if you're attacking those lasertanks you're just wasting ammo.

If you do nothing then you're dead anyway :P

lol...

3minos standing near to your spice and 5 sandbikes waiting to slow down a lasertanks and 8snipers targeting against your poor sardoukars.

"Artiedes":

2airdrones.

3minos.

5.sandbikes.

(maybe u need 3feds)

worm: 8snipers

Nope, sorry, none of those can destroy my group.