some Emperor things i need verified?

zutroi

ok, i've just joined here,so go easy  :)

i have read some of the cool posts here, but i need a few things verified.

1. does building 6 refineries/factories speed up my production by ~6x?

2. have all you guys played the full computer game as all of the Houses?

3. does the Atreides house suck against certain enemies or am i just a plain loser?  ;)

thanks!

1. refineries? But factories, barracks etc. speed up, with a maximum of 3 buildings of the same. With 1 at 100%, with 2 at 150%, and with 3 at 200%. That's what I remember

2. I played all the campaigns, yes. :)

3. Hmm, I think they have a weakness against Ordos. But that's my opinion

1) it is 3 buildings, if you want test it by timing how long a units takes to build with one, then two, then 3, thats what i did,after 3 there is NO time difference.

2) i played the camps, only intill i got my dsl, then i played online since then only. I got atr done, hark and ordos 75 %, something like that.

3) no, its you, trust me you are new, and yets will win vs you. Atr doesnt have a weakness towards ordos, i am one of the top ordos players, and i lose to rageatr when he is atr, so there is no weakness. The weaknesses come from the players.

Just play, have fun, and you will become better

1) Max of three per building type excluding refineries.

2) I finished atr and ordos but got sick of hark after a while.

3) No.  After careful tactical analysis, I can say with absolute certainty that atreides have an advantage over ordos, ordos over hark, hark over atreides.

1) 3 is for max output.

2) only atr and hark. (pesky ordos)

3) There r many opinions. In my opinion there is no such thing as atr are better, or ordos are better or hark are better than anyone. Because u use a house and two subhouses (no body plays games without subhouses), and in that case you have a  3 houses and 5 subhouses and then the combinations r many. Many are better than others if r in the right hand.

My advice, make yourself u own judgement by playing for fun.

1)- Refineries? No , but for fac and barracks it speeds up production. Max of each producer building is three.

2)- I played all three. Ordos has gotta be the hardest..bust once u nail hark and atr campaign, u gain so much skill already that ordos is moderate challenge.

3)- Yes. Atreides is somewhat stronger then hark since they have alot of long-range units campared to hark's melee troops. Ordos is said to be weak, but once u play against them, they're VERY hard. Atreides is somewhat weaker then them though.

1) We can't keep repeating this... and for frodo : yes it also applies for subhouses.

2) When I bought the game I started campaign as artr. Took me ages to get to the end. Then I started playing online. And after a few months I decided to continue the campaign with the other houses .I finished that in a few days. Just to say that after playing online for a while, the campaigns are just too easy...

3) It's all about knowing what kind of mix of units to use against the enemy. Even then u should keep your eyes open and see what your opponent is doing or preparing. It takes time and experience...

ok dont say anything different because this is how it works. No newbie tell me i am wrong because you havent developed all yoru skill yet.

The best atreides can beat the best ordos

The best ordos can beat the best hark

The best hark can beat the best atreides

Soooo.... thats means....

atreides have an advantage over ordos

ordos have an advantage over hark

hark have an advatage over atreides

Actually I don't care what game you play that is as carefully made, the developers (or someone else) would have made it so it depends on the player. You cannot say that one house is greater than another (jeez I sound like the manual), because simply the best player can be beaten within fair circumstances. Even if you think you know the game because you may be good at it or have seen a house beat down another house time and time again or have played it so long, you will never have it all down. The best ordos player would know disadvantages of every house, and exploit them to his/her best ability, and could win against the Atreides, it's all a matter of how you play (and maybe some luck :D). People who have problems with going against one tactic simply are ignorant of all the strategies that would work, and they should use their imagination to see what would work. Westwood has great experience in balance and advantages/disadvantages, and they know how to make a game. So don't think you have it down, because you don't. Simple as that.

Also notice that they never have tried to make a game unfair. There were sometimes when games of them were unfair, like TS, but they did it right with patching.

And that a house is balanced doesn't mean that the number of supporters is equal...

Every House has advantages and disadvantages yes, and I won't disagree that in the grand scheme of things, the best Ordos beats the best Hark (due to Kobra and lasertanks), the best Atreides beats the best Ordos (due to the splash damage and range of Minos), and the best Hark beats the best Atreides (due to the unstoppable Inkvine and ability to run over Inf).

However, Atreides is still the weakest House. While there are strategies involved in Emperor, ultimately the inherent strengths and numbers of the units on the map will determine who wins. There are exceptions to this, of course. But for the most part, whoever has more and better units is going to win the game. Atreides are weak in the early game by default. Sure, a super-elite player might be able to hold off a Hark or Ordos rush with ATR even against the very best - but by default the Atreides player is at a disadvantage as soon as the game starts because his units are far weaker. Atreides only hold-up in that equation when the game goes for a decent amount of time without the Atreides being crippled during that time, and against any elite player it's next-to impossible to do that in my opinion without quitting under 3 (thank God for that rule).

So overall, I say, the best Ordos beats the best Atreides, the best Hark beats the best Atreides because Atreides are very weak at the start by default and there is almost nothing that can be done about it.

No, the person with the most units doesnt auto win. in must off my games i am out numvered, but i still win. Experience is what determines a winner. You gain experience from playing the best all the time, thats y you have so many problems nav, you have no experience. None, you play only noobs, and you where told this a long time ago that you will never get better from playing noobs, and look you are no better that you where 4 months ago.

I agree I have little experience with BS "hey lets all rush with starting units because we know they are inherently unbalanced against Atreides!" games. That's all most of you elite players do. LOL You find this fun for some reason. Heck, maybe if I learned Ordos or Hark instead of ATR I'd find that fun too. But I only allow those in skirmish. If someone does that to me in QM or 1 vs 1 BC, I quit.

Those are not games. All they are is using a Houses' more-powerful starting units to crush the lesser-powered starting units before he has time to build the units that can reasonably counter the over-powered starting units of Ordos and Hark. You call that strategy? LOL I don't think I *want* more experience with those kind of BS and non-skilled games. LOL

Wtf are you talking about ? Are you on drugs ? Rushing starting units, lol. Look at my game stats i win around the 6 min mark, or 8 min. One atr starting units are better than ordos, did you forget that you have a mino. Also i never attack under 3 because i know that people quit, and i dont waste my time. Sorry to bust your bubble nav, but you are a noob, and you will always be a noob because you dont play.

One laser tanks kills a Mino easy. So does one Kobra. Or one assault or missile tank. It's easy to get lastanks or assault tanks at the start and win. It is *not* easy to get Minos at the start.

You Win at 6 or 8 mins, yeah that's a real improvement over rushing with starting units. ;D

The fact is, Atreides needs lots of Minos to have a reasonble defense against the other Houses and the way elite players play, Atreides don't have time to get them.

Well nav what ever you need to te your self to justifie your noob ways. As for needing minos to win, lol. And nav dont talk about how elte players play when you, yes you have no right to, know y, its because you dont play any elite players, so how do you what they do? Dont answer, i know, you dont, all you say is a load of bs.

Ok i don't even play atreides and i can beat elite players with them. I dont build minos until after about 3-6 minutes. Hell, i have beaten xvayne with them a few times even, i think i have more wins vs him than he does me atreides vs ordos. Atreides are not as weak as you lie they are. Look at atrforce/rageatr man he can whoop my ass atr vs ordos... and he doesnt go strait for minos. You need to come up with a better Bo than you mino rush. try bikes and feds and dont tell me it doesnt work because ive whooped a lot of ass with that. AND GOD DAMNIT QUIT BEING A PANSY ASS DUCKER.then, and then only will you get better.