How IDIOTIC do you have to be to die to a "Fake Surrender"?

You see the enemy saying they are surrendering and don't wanna gun them down. Fine, that is somewhat understandable.

But, that doesn't mean you break out the booze and start partying because you see the white flag.

Really, how stupid would you have to be to die due to a "Fake Surrender?" Disturbingly stupid, no doubt.

I am sure the USA's troop were trained to be skeptical about any surrendering persons, and to survey the ground for an ambush prior to taking them into custody and prior to approaching and/or restraining the prisoners.

And to keep the actual surrenderees under the Gun until this surveying is complete and they are actually restrained.

I've never even had any military training and even *I* know this. It's common sense. Yet the morons who have been through millions of dollars of high-tech formal training - at the expense of wasting the average taxpayer's money -in official USA military facilities go and get killed despite having had this training.

Must have a *really* low bar for mental competence in terms of who they let join the US Army. :O

Arohk, first of all it isn't the Army - it is the Marine Corps. And you do not have all the details of this incident, you don't know that they didn't put their guns down, and didn't have guns behind them or whatever. You don't know, so you make an ignorant post about the soldiers that died there. You are Navaros, I am quite convinced now. Get out of this board before you piss off the whole community.

marine's get just as good training, do they not?

it doesn't matter if they had guns hidden on them/on the ground near them/buddies hiding in the bushes and/or rocks nearby/ or *whatever* the situation happened to be

point is, a good marine/soldier would have been trained to *expect* all of those things, and have kept the surrendering persons under meticulous guard until the whole area had been thoroughly searched. if this had been done, at the first moment of suspicion the surrenderees could have been engaged and no one would die to any fake surrender

no matter how ya slice it, to die to a fake surrender results from carelessness combined with stupidity

Marines have a more intense training and more rigorous. Otherwise, what would be the use of having the two branches?

We are keeping along with the Geneva Treaty. We cannot shoot at men waving the white flag. Simple as that. And we cannot fire unless fired at. So, it isn't so stupid dying from this incident, it is the risks of following the Geneva Treaty and sometimes those risks become reality.

they arent the first sent on the front lines because of their superior training. Marines are bullet spunges.lol ;)

Acriku is right though. he is also right about you being navaros. What makes me realize that more is not how you act, but your flat out ignoring of anybody who says it

Hey, the Iraqis are not very barbaric... they're rather inventive. You say they do not respect the laws of war. Let me tell you something: war is won with initiative, with courage, and without any morals.

It's absurd to make laws for war: laws on how to kill people?

And now about idiotic deeds: shooting up you own Patrion missle launcher, shootin down an allied aricraft, shooting a reporter because he was mistaken with a Iraqis. I think that's dumb!

It isn't dumb. It is the lack of communication between the forces to establish friendlies, or not, and also accidents happen. Iraqi are not very well inventive, otherwise they wouldn't be dying by the hundreds so quickly, with little to none coalition casualties. They are barbaric, but atleast some have the common sense to surrender (for real).

shooting a reporter because he was mistaken with a Iraqis. I think that's dumb!

That was a dumb reporter, he went alone in iraq and thought he would make it on his own without the protection of um... the allied forces?, ofcourse he was mistaken to be with the iraqis, they didn't knew that he was there!

Hey, the Iraqis are not very barbaric... they're rather inventive. You say they do not respect the laws of war. Let me tell you something: war is won with initiative, with courage, and without any morals.

It's absurd to make laws for war: laws on how to kill people?

And now about idiotic deeds: shooting up you own Patrion missle launcher, shootin down an allied aricraft, shooting a reporter because he was mistaken with a Iraqis. I think that's dumb!

Have you ever heard about Geneva Conventions? When you raise white flag, you surrendered and declared cease fire for both units. Today's war isn't just killing people. It's more fight of machines than bloody skirmish, also we have some rules which weapons can be used. Iraq many times used banned strategies and equipment, that also caused the war an now it seems it's right.

Mistakes are everywhere. When one ditch fires on another one, isn't it risky to go between them? I think THAT is dumb.

I agree to "attack" a country that has agreed upon those convetions (ex. Geneva Convetion) and won't respect it. I dont think Iraq has agreed with that... You can't blame them for not respecting somehing they did't actually sign.

Anyway, war is war, is a crime comitted between nations. I can't comprehend any rules of war. Apart from the thing with the POWs (BTW, the Iraqis executed the POWs they capured - yeah, that's a REAL crime) war can't possibly have any other rules.

shooting a reporter because he was mistaken with a Iraqis. I think that's dumb!

That was a dumb reporter, he went alone in iraq and thought he would make it on his own without the protection of um... the allied forces?, ofcourse he was mistaken to be with the iraqis, they didn't knew that he was there!

Which reporter is this?

I agrre the execution of those POWs is a crime.

But you can't blame a coutry for not respecting something it did't sign.

Well, if I make a "pact" with some friends, is everyone obliged to respect it? NO. Only those who signed it can be blamed for their actions. (I am talking about the thing with the laws of war, apart from the GC)