Just imagine

Tenzul

no i cannot ;D

The radar is a good target because it is weak and provides strategic information. Without the radar, a player can be easily overwhelmed if the enemy attacks from all directions. If the radar isn't buildable, all the good strats will fly out the window.

the Radar's usefulness in Emperor is very limited with FOW on because the Radar doesn't function over FOW and late in the game there are units all over the map which will have killed all your scouts during their natural movement patterns, and since the enemy and you are all over the map, replacing the scouts is next to impossible in late game therefore the Radar will mostly only show you your own base and hence have very limited use on many occasions

All the more reason to create groups of units away from your base. Cloaked ones even, like infiltrators. They're great for that. So long as you keep them away from each other in case one is spotted and blows up...

• 1 year later...

I only get one very late game. It's a waste of time and money otherwise.

Same here, in rush games the money and time you waste on a radar can be crucial.

actually you dont need a radar, i only use it against hark players who have gunships or players with guild, so i can see the gunships coming and i can track down guild. A good player always watches the map and dont really needs a radar, just watch around you and in your enemies base often and you will be just fine. Also use your ears!! every unit makes its own specila noise, if you listen good you can hear a fremn calling a worm, or you can hear gunships comin or a bunch of minos etc.

*Shrugs* I grew up in a day-and-age of playing where radar was never really used by any player, so in fact I'm use to not having one, though I end up constructing it later-on.

Ahhh, good ol' days.

Anyways, yah same here. I only build one pretty much when I'm looking for the last enemy unit that I can't find.

• 2 months later...