Suboids

Gunseng_Harkonnen

err no they arent robots.lol They are probably genetically altered by IX themselves. Or by the tlielaxu who would undoubtedly work with anybody for a price. Just because they are religious fanatics doesnt mean they really believe in what the OCB says. They are in it for the money. They are human beings but with a lack of self will. Though you read that they do have it.:)

Jacob what are you saying ? First that they are "probbebly created by the Tleilaxu" and a lower class of humans and then you say they are probebly machines ?

Anywhy, the are some "lower class" of humans. [ or Ixians exually ] Only without a free will and "logicall" reasoning pathern of themselfs.

:)

Where can you find Suboids in the Dune games??

Suboids are genetically mutated human beings, with the lack of free will (as TMA_1 said). They were designed to work for the Ixians. They do not require as much attention as a human working group, and not as ambitouos as humans. I don't remember reading the exact origin of these people.

Nema: I have to disagree!!

Suboids were made to build up the Heighliners and handle other jobs. The scientists and all the other people are humans. If you read carefully House Atreides and Harkonnen you will find it out.

Exactly, they are the menial and manual labourers of Ix - a lower class who are not genetically mutated (On Ix? It'd have to have been the Tleilaxu - so no.) - just genetically different - unimaginative and not very bright. They were not 'made' - this is mentioned nowhere.

And in the dune games, they appear as buildables in aB's Subhouse mod for emperor, as well as non-buildable things that you might find in the heighliners or coming out of destroyed ixian buildings.

vanguard. I personally dislike most of the westwood games and I am not into dune for the games. I never have beaten any westwood game. I am in it for hte books. Read later on in the dune universe. the tleilaxu are always doing stuff for their own reasons in franks novels. they use religion to hide their evil practices so that the powers that be dont disband them. Look at history. this happens all the time. people doing evil and disguise it through religion and stuff. They are in it for money. sure they might believe in the OCB. but by this time its looked at as a myth and just superstition.  after the ecumenicism of religions it just kinda degraded:)

Suboids are really "designed" and Ixians are proud with this invention ( Read House Atreides, House Harkonnen) and that's one of the reasons why ixians don't like outworlders... As for the Tleilaxu ( My favorite faction after the Guild and The Ordos) they are badly religious (OCB and TGC) and they don't like disbelievers ( Like badly religious jewish in Jerusalem's religious quartals) so they saying would be:

Death to the disbelievers...