Saddam calls Bush out.

DjCiD

I was watching CBS and Dan Rather was doing a report in which Saddam called out Pres Bush to do a live Radio & TV satellite link up and debate the need for war. The program runs again tonite on CBS evening news and on 60 minuets II Wed at 9:00 / 8:00 central. Saddam also said "This will be an opportunity for him [bush], if he's committed to war this will be an opportunity to convince the world" and "I call for this because war is not a joke. As leaders why dot we use this opportunity."

So you guys think Bush will do it? I'm not sure if Bush has made a comment on weither he will or not... I wonder what Saddam is trying to do... what do you guys think?

I was watching CBS and Dan Rather was doing a report in which Saddam called out Pres Bush to do a live Radio & TV satellite link up and debate the need for war. The program runs again tonite on CBS evening news and on 60 minuets II Wed at 9:00 / 8:00 central. Saddam also said "This will be an opportunity for him [bush], if he's committed to war this will be an opportunity to convince the world" and "I call for this because war is not a joke. As leaders why dot we use this opportunity."

So you guys think Bush will do it? I'm not sure if Bush has made a comment on weither he will or not... I wonder what Saddam is trying to do... what do you guys think?

maybe sadaam should begin by complying with UN demands to dismantle their illegal missles instead of more useless talk.

You know, we never actually heard what Saddam has to say about all this... It would be very interesting to watch.

But I highly doubt Bush would ever do it. Engaging in a debate with Saddam would mean giving the "omnious Iraqi evil" a human face that you can talk to. Not good for PR. Bush has to de-humanize the Iraqi regime as much as possible, because people are much more supportive of a war if they don't see their enemy as human.

You dial 666 everyone knows that. just kidding

As much as I doubt a debate like that in between the two leaders would ever take place. It does have an appeal to it. A live satillite uplink and the two could talk to each other. I do not think the Bush Admin would favor such an event just on the political reasons alone.