New House list

Vanguard3000

• 2 weeks later...

I never reaslised there were this many houses...

I notice that House Ordos are a House-Minor, why is it then, do you think, that they have such a large part in Emporer? Surely it would have made more sense to have the Ixians or Tleilaxu as a fully-playable side and Ordos as the Sub-House?!

the tleilaxu and Ix arent a house in my opinion. now vernius is in control of ix in the prequels but I kinda part ways with that though the prequels are amazign stories:) Ordos didnt come from frank herbert but from Dr. McNally of U.C.Berkly who wrote the Dune Encyclopedia. In the Encyclopedia, Ordos is a great house with 7 out of 10 votes in the landsraad councel. big house.

And that is the one thing I find annoying about his reaction it does not seem Count Fenring would say such a thing but the again I could be wrong. Anyway nice update on the House list Vanguard it should be posted somewhere else on the site (besides the fact that it is here on this thread).

Okay, I pulled out my HA copy to settle this Fenrig thing. Look on HA paperback page 623 (I'll paraphrase).

-SPOILERS FROM HOUSE ATREIDES-

Just after Shaddam makes Fenrig Imperial Observer on Arrakis, he also says he is making him a Count. Fenrig is surprised and excited. Shaddam says that, eventually, he will give Fenrig a CHOAM Directorship and seat in the Landsraad.

So, I think he probably would be a full, Landsraad-official Count by the time Paul deposed Shaddam. Also, as I was looking this up, I remembered that Farad'n's father's name was Dalak Fenrig. Any relationship?

So, for now, I'll leave House Fenrig up on the list. Perhaps I'll add this info to it sometime.

Caid Ivik: Where did you find these Houses?

Ordos45: Those "Houses" are actually ancient countries (from the time the Encyclopedia was written). For example, House DuGalle would be France (IIRC), House Washington would be the U.S.A., House Steel would be the U.S.S.R., etc.

Colonel Worf: Around the end of HA, Fenrig is given a title and House. Fenrig actually says something like "Really? My own House? Yipee!", except not quite as Anakin Skywalkerish.

---

page 633

"Thank you for your advice, Hasimir," Shaddam said, turning back to study the game console. Oh, by the way, did I mention that I'm... promoting you?"

Fenring gave a quiet snort. "I wouldn't exactly call the Arrakis assignment a promotion. 'Imperial Observer' doesn't sound terribly exalted, does it?"

Shaddam smiled and raised his chin in a very Imperial gesture. He had intended to do this all along. "Ah, yes...byt how does Count Fenring sound?"

Fenring was taken aback. "you're making me a Count?"

Shaddam nodded. "Count Hasimir Fenring, Imperial Observer assigned to Arrakis. Your family fortunes are improving my friend. Eventyally, we'll see about establishing you in the Landsraad"

---

So, unless he is established into the Lansraad in HC, this is not a Great House.