Iraq Issues

Emp, Christ may have told you not to do something, the point is that it didn't stop people.

i understand that Earthnuker. But you are totally failing to see what I am saying. The Muslims have a mandate written in their scripture! to do these things. This is why it WONT stop. Christians have no mandate in their scripture which is why it did stop. A pope can say "kill all heathens" but thats the pope saying that. Not Jesus. Muhammad however DID say to kill heathens and that is exactly what he did. Please tell me in your next post you understand what I am saying. Do you?

don't patronize him Emprworm.

I'm perfectly aware. But I don't think any of this will help on the situation. I really don't You say you wan't to fight terrorism and change Islam, yet I don't believe this can be done by war on the contrary, this will lead more and more moslem into the hands of Bin Laden, his popularity is really rising, the only way IMO we can get rid of terrorism is by taking the arabic nations in on advice we come to them and tell them how to live and they'll see it as conquest evil that would have to be fought of with evil.

It's a vicius circle and I fear it will never end.

Nam i do not think we should capitulate to Islamic nations...at all! They do not support religious or personal freedom. They do not want you to skip Mosque on sundays. They want to oppress for not being a Muslim, and punish you for speaking out against it. All of the Muslim nations have blasphemy laws instituting the death penalty for someone who blasphemes Allah.

This is unacceptable...and in no way shape or form should ANY civilized nation pander to this kind of religious intolerance.

I dont care how "popular" it makes Bin Laden. It is wrong to cater to them.

Gob I have never said I don't like the US but Bush yes his methods are too rash. Last night I read that a deflected Iraqi general said that there was a big change to win the Iraqi people over and that the army's loyalty wasn't that strong. I believe that we haven't looked too all options in this matter and that's what's bugs me.

Gob I have never said I don't like the US but Bush yes his methods are too rash. Last night I read that a deflected Iraqi general said that there was a big change to win the Iraqi people over and that the army's loyalty wasn't that strong. I believe that we haven't looked too all options in this matter and that's what's bugs me.

yes we have. The US for the last several weeks has been engaged in psychological warfare in Iraq trying to do exactly that. You did not know this?

ok I'll comment then. I have through it all said that I'd support a UN resolution, however I'm affraid how the Arabic world will react. You say you don't care Emprworm, then how will you get rid of terrorism do you know how the 'normal' Saudi think of westernes? Even in Kuwait many people support Bin Laden. This war will benifit him well IMO.

This is why I think this war is to rushie the politicians haven't thought of the longterm consequence of a war on Iraq.

This is an issue that worries me too. The Islamic fundamentals will see what they want to see, but we cannot be intimidated from doing the right thing.

I wonder what would happen if I posted mistakes the US made in the past...

We don't calim to be infallable, but we do attempt to conduct ourselves in a moral fashion. Our war with Iraq may indeed prove to be a mistake, as was the Vietnam war, but we must make an effort to help those in need.

What other options? As long as Saddam Hussein is in power, they will not be allowed to express their views.

answer to emprworm: no I did not, all I see is how the US is preparing for war.

Miles I believe this war could be won by propaganda. The only thing the Iraqi people watches in the TV is Saddam they don't know what's going on in the world around them. Only that the US and UK will attack them.

answer to emprworm: no I did not, all I see is how the US is preparing for war.

Miles I believe this war could be won by propaganda. The only thing the Iraqi people watches in the TV is Saddam they don't know what's going on in the world around them. Only that the US and UK will attack them.

Possibly, but I think you underestimate the grip Saddam has on Iraq.

I don't think Saddam has a tight grip I think you misunderstood me, but all there is on the TV is censored the Iraqi people only see what he wants them to see.

All in all I think it would be a possiblity to get them to overthrow him.

you are kidding right? have you not read a single testimony from the tens of thousands of Iraqi refugees? Or does that not even matter in formulating your opinion.

I don't think Saddam has a tight grip I think you misunderstood me, but all there is on the TV is censored the Iraqi people only see what he wants them to see.

All in all I think it would be a possiblity to get them to overthrow him.

We tried that at the end of the Gulf war and it failed. The opposition forces are too weak compared to the military Hussein has built up. They need outside help.

just saw 2 Iraqi refugees given interviews on Fox News' Bill Oreilly.

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

this is wonderful news since this is the #1 rated cable news show in the world (doubles the audience of CNN's larry king)

one of them was a man who was (get this) protesting the war in Bagdag back in 1991 and beaten & tortured for it. Both men were pleading that the US take Hussein out. Their argument is that the US told the Iraqi people to overthrow Hussein in 1991, and if they couldn't then they were promised by the US that the UN would do it if they could not. They are now arguing that the US needs to "keep its promise" because they failed to overthrow Hussein. THEY ARE NOT PRO BUSH

THEY ARE NOT PRO BUSH

THEY ARE NOT PRO BUSH

(can this be any clearer)?

But they said that the entire country is a prison state...confirming everything I've been saying, and that war protesters world wide don't have a clue about the truth of Iraq.

The transcript of this interview will hopefully be up tomorrow, I'll paste it.

VERY fascinating.

again, the anti-war mob doesn't really have a clue what life is like in Iraq...otherwise they would listen to these types of testimonies. All they care about (in my opinion) is hating Bush. Iraqi people are irrelevent.

whew....this is geting HEATED! I read the article "U.S. Officials Say U.N. Future At Stake in Vote" I'll read the others tomorrow.

jeesh, I sincerely hope some other people in here read some of these, but I fear that they do not. People that do not read articles and references have opinions that are uninformed, in my opinion.