FED2K rpg 2

The_Sadukar

Yes, he was killed but I'm a ghost, remember? I can go find him, if ordered.

The Ghost of Dust Scout turns to look at Clanner.

"Andrew's here somewhere." He says. "So are some others, but I don't know where they've gone..."

(OOC: Twin-Head, do you mine if I borrow a bit of another certain storiline?)

Lord J continues his stretching routine, allowing the memories to bring new, logical thoughts as to his current plight.

Kidnapped by strangers...

Immediatly his mind goes back to the FED2K Fan Fiction "Ancient Races".

A dark cave-like room...

Far off in the walls of his prison, Lord J starts to hear magical chanting. Slowly, the room starts to tremble.

When a servant of his clan...

Lord J rises to his feet and stands, legs apart and hands open, toward the wall where the chanting has begun.

Sought to find the ruler that was lost...

The wall shudders, and a rectangle of light appears. The retangle becomes dark, and slowly a body is revealed. Then, standing before his creator, in the doorway of a mystical cavern is:

"Ztraag." says Lord J in an unsurprised greeting.

"My Lord, what--!? Where--!?"

"Nevermind your questions, Ztraag, we must find Gob."

Yes, thinks Lord J, at the time of this fiction Gob was still alive.

"Come now, Ztraag, we must find Lord Moogie and leave these caverns of darkness."

"Aye, Lord J."

Lord J and Ztraag march down seemingly endless halls before Ztraag stops and says, "Wait. This walk seems pretty uneventful, considering how dangerous "mystical caverns" ought to be."

Lord J chuckles and says, "Oh yeah? It's been seeming pretty rough to me. Of course, you wouldn't remember anything too dangerous anyway."

"What do you mean?"

Lord J pulls what looks like a klingon disruptor pistol out of his belt, and shows it to Ztraag.

Ztraag examines the pistol closely, but only sees one button: Gray, with an arrow pointing to the left and the word "Backspace".

Lord J chuckles again and says, "You see, my friend, because of the age of this topic, and the fact the Twin Headed One is no longer running it, I can backspace any baddies away, as well as your actions upon seeing them."

Ztraag nods, then asks, "Is this part of your "moderatorial" powers?"

Lord J shakes his head, "No. I use this disruptor pistol *as* a moderator sometimes, but it is a common tool for any poster. Here I simply use it to hone the storyline, and make it a little bit safer for characters like you and me."

"It is strange to think of you as no more than a character," says Ztraag.

"'No more'?" Lord J laughs, "Perhaps, but just remember this; there are always levels and layers."

"And now we go to see the uppermost layer."

"Erm, this may sound nuts..." The Ghost of Dust Scout says, "But if we know where he is, I might be able to get Gob back here. For a limited time..." At a nod from Sir Sard, he closes his ectoplasmic eyes and concentrates.

There is no flash of light, no puff of smoke. What there is is a horrible moment of chaos where there are two beings sharing the same space and then, Gob himself stands before Sir Sard. Or at least, the ghost of Gob. Dust Scout is nowhere to be seen.

Lord J bursts out of the caves in a flash of bright purple light.

"Groovey!" he says, swinging his emerald broadsword around in a figure-eight before slamming it down into its scabbard.

"Very nice, Lord J," says Lord Moogie, whom they had rescued deep in the pit. "But may I ask, how will we be getting to Gob? You know he never comes around here."

"I know," says Lord J with a grin. "We must seek him out."

"Truth, my Lord," Ztraag bows, "Besides, how difficult can it be to find an eight-foot Yeti with a purple face and white fur?"

The entire room quakes as a portal is ripped out of the wall.

After a long walk to the edge of the Ancient Races thread, Lord J had carved an oval into the wall of an impassable mountain with his emerald broadsword.

Now on the other side, the only place Gob could be, Lord J looks at the throne only to see...

"Dust Scout?"

Sitting in the throne of the most highest of overlords, the Maha-Gobbie, is the appearition of Dust Scout.

"Umm...Hey old man," says Lord J. "Where's the big guy?"

Gob would say someting, but I DON'T KNOW WHERE LORD J IS! ;)

Meanwhile...

"Er..." Dust Scout starts, "I seem to have mucked up a bit..."

Lord J raises an eyebrow and leans on his sword. Dust Scout realises that he's sitting on a throne and leaps off to one side.

"Um... I swapped places with him." He says sheepishly, "You see, we were looking for you. But nobody could find you since Andrew couldn't get that far and you weren't dead. So I thought I'd try to ask one is really did die."

"Gob?" Lord J asks rhetorically.

"Yes!" Dust Scout nods eagerly. "I meant to become a sort of mouthpiece for Gob's voice. You know, a kind of beyond-the-grave thing. Gob was too powerful; and now he's a ghost in the real world, and I'm here alive...ish. Erm... Where is here exactly?" Looking up at the throne, Dust Scout turns red with embarassment. "I can't believe I sat on that..."

(OOC: Oh yeah, I got confused about the Emerald broadsword. Emerald is my birthstone and you've got to admit, there was quite a bit of broadsword usage in the last FED2K RPG thread. Either way, I'll work the storiline around it ;) )

"I...see," says Lord J slowly, "Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"...May I ask again, where are we?" asks Dust Scout.

"Ahh, but can't you see? Gob's throneroom," Lord J says, with a wink. "Once FED2K was overthrown, Gob fled to the only place the Dark Queen and her henchmen could not enter. The Holes."

"The...Holes."

"Right. Where do you think Ex got his cloaking sun busters? Where do you think every 'God-Modder' has gotten troops and unconquerable weaponry? The Holes! The Holes in the storyline!"

"Oh!" says Dust Scout in a moment of inpsiration. "The stuff that doesn't quite make sense, but is written in anyway!"

"Precisely, and that is where I obtained this." Lord J slowly unsheathes the most holy relic of the original FED2K RPG thread, the Emerald Broadsword.

"Sir Sard's Emerald Broadsword!" says Dust Scout, and attempts to bow to one knee...Only to realize he has no knees.

"Right. Now, when Gob and Sir Sard end their conference, you will return with this broadsword, to show Sard where I am."

"You will remain here?"

"Yes, I have many questions for the Maha Gobbie."

Dust Scout takes the sword and bows.

"Hurry back," Lord J says with a wink, as Dust Scout slowly disappears...

Gob vanishes in a puff of improbability, without saying a word (Perhaps he wasn't used to being a ghost?). And in the same breath, Dust Scout reappears, completely ghostly again; carrying the Emerald Broadsword.

"Er..." He says sheepishly, "This is yours I think..." He holds out the broadsword to Sir Sard, and it at once slips through his fingers, and arms, and feet, (Or at least the phantom bits of machinary passing for them) to clang noisily off the deck. "Oops..."

Sir Sard, in a gesture of somethingorother, bends down and picks it up himself. Remembering his instructions, Dust Scout talks fast...

"Lord J is in the Holes, with Gob. He says I was to show you where he is, and he's going to ask Gob some questions." Sir Sard raises an eyebrow. "The Holes?" He asks.

"I'll explain on the way..." Dust Scout's ghost says, glad to be away from that intimidating throne.

"So far as I can understand, the Holes are just that. Holes in Fanfiction." Dust Scout tries to explain without sounding too far off the intellectual scale, at the bottom or the top. "Where all the made-up stuff is, where things are created, destroyed and used for no particular reason."

"Loopholes!" Andrew suggests.

"Exactly. Which means... Oh dear." Dust Scout begins to look worried.

"What is 'Oh dear'?" Asks Sir Sard sternly.

"Um... I got in through ghostly stuff, we're going in physically. Which means we'll have to pass through lots of holes. Which means-"

"That we'll be facing infinate armies!" Sir Sard shouts, "Every time someone creates a billion troops out of nowhere they come here!"

"As well as old characters, invincible fighters... The list goes on!" Dust Scout wails. And, just at that moment, the ship's computer speaks...

"This is the ship, please be warned, that infinate armies of indestructable everythings are heading this way. Thank you."

"My liege," says Lord J, bowing before Gob's now inhabited throne.

"Lord J. Commander of a thousand Klingon fleets, legions of orcs, and more than once, the planet Languid," says Gob, nodding. "What have you come here to know?"

"Gob, I am not here for my answers, but yours," Lord J rises unbidden to his feet and paces before his majesty, "The Dark Queen and her minions are dead. The Necromancer is gone; and FED2K lies in ruin, ready to be rebuilt. Now is the time to rise above the Holes. Time to take back what was once ours!"

"But the flames, Lord J," Gob's eyes take on a faded look, as he re-lives the moments of his death.

Lord J steps up to a point right beneath the throne, "And now we can conquer those flames, stomp them out in the name of the holy one! In the name of Gobalopper!"

Gob's eyes clear a fraction, "Can it be? Can we rebuild FED2K back to the point it was before?"

"To that point, and beyond," says Lord J, bowing to one knee.

Sir Sard stand for a moment a think, before saying, "if an infinet army can jump out of the holes so can my brothers-in-arms now hopefully they can stop this infinite army or atleast delay it for some time thus allowing us to find Gob"

Suddenly a massive fleet of Ultramarines apper out of the holes, and Rhapsody, who for some reason is abord the ship, begins playing Knightrider of doom

Clanner says nothing but just follows the others as they go along to find Lord J in The Holes.

Suddenly he remembers something that had been tugging at the back of his mind for a long time.

"Uhh...Sir sard? Doesnt everything go out of The Holes but nothing goes in unless its dead?"