Let's talk about great houses...

Alexander_Ordos

It could be viewed that way so to avoid a long discussion about the Baron's sexuality I will leave it at that. It still remains that the poison that he received from the RM Mohaim is the result that we see in the original Dune Chronicles

Jacob:  Who knows?  perhaps we'll meet Gesserit (if indeed "bene" = "from" is correct) in the Jihad trilogy.

I always thought that "Gesserit" was very similar to "Jesuit".  Perhaps there's a connection there.

Mr. Ordos:  It's unlikely that you'll find it in a bookstore, unless it has used books.  Your best bet would be to check ebay.  There's usually one or two floating around at any one time.  Be prepared to pay even $150 USD for a copy though - after all, you're not the only one looking for a copy.  ;)

no no skim the websites I thought that too the jesuits. Actually it is almost exactly the same words as some jewish words. translated. "those that cross the bridge."

interesting stuff. it is perfect with what the bene gesserit are. they cross the bridge. the bridge being the messiah:)

• 3 weeks later...

Kirov:  Yeah, I haven't had much time for the 'net lately.  I come here whenevere I get the chance.  :)

Alexander:  Ginaz is the home planet of House Ginaz, and the training ground of the infamous Swodsmasters.  From descriptions in HH, it is mainly water, with fairly small islands and archipelagos.

there is also house maros. they were given a planet by the emperor elrood 5. check out my topic, "No ginaz, maros instead!" On the dune editing forum. It is a mod for emperor battle for dune. It replaces house ordos with house Maros.

no, it is a real house. check the timeline in dune. it shows that house maros did exist. I saw this at museum arakeen, and they pulled it out of dune. I lent my copy to a friend and never looked it up. But it did exist.

I am well aware alexander who the jesuits were. They werent founded just to take out protestants. They existed before the inquisition. But when that all did happen. a certain group of the jesuits were assigned to be the secret police of the catholic church. weeding out the "heretics".

Anyways I like McNelly's version of the bene-gesserit. The evolution of the name through the evolution of culture on Terra. I still think it holds more simple roots though in the hebrew.