who would have seen Jedorowsky's version of Dune?

TMA_1

Well obviously we cant see it. He ran out of funds and then burnt the remaining film because he didnt want anyone to see it unless completed... freak.lol He was way out there but is actually a highly acclaimed director. The movie would have been totally different than the book, but I still would have loved to have seen it if that was possible. The ideas he came up with were mad, but innovative in my opinion. He had an idea that when you are taking an idea of somebody, you have to turn it into your own story. I see the logic in it. Though it probably would have made many dune fans freak, I would have loved for it to be completed. Would you guys see it? just curious. Its completely hypothetical of course, but a decent question I think. :)

Remember though it is his own piece of art. Either you have seen his movies and dont like them, or you dont like the guy personally, or you just dont like the fact that he would make Dune. I would have seen it. I like the fact that he was going to alter it so much. Make some really dreamlike twists. Also the settings and art work would have been amazing. But of course it would have looked almost exactly like starwars. all of the cast that worked for jedorowsky's Dune left for Star Wars.

Cast and crew are very different things, TMA. Plus, I think it's the production design Jodoroski claims 6 or 7 other sci-fi movies (incouding star wars and Alein) ripped off.

And a carboard cut-out of Salvidor Dali was going to play a major role in Jodorowski's Dune.

of course they are mahdi and I corrected myself silly.lol Plus he didnt say that. It is actually a true thing. He had a lot of good people working under him and many of them did move to star wars. Giger helped with movies like alien and whatnot.

Salvador Dali only had a few scenes because he wanted to be paid an absorbadent amount of money just for each shot he was in. Eccentric.lol Some of his art is interesting though. :)

Does anyone have pictures of Dali's stuff for Jodorowski's Dune? I quite like his stuff.

And TMA: I agree with you about "artistic liscense"; that directors should make things unique to an extent. But if it's so far off that it doesn't resemble Dune anymore, don't call it Dune. Simple as that. It's almost as bad as calling The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones part of the Star Wars trilogy. :-

LOL! Actually, I think Dali would have made a good Emperor (maybe it's the moustache. ;)). Not sure about the acting qualities of a cardboard cutout, though. It can't be any worse than Vin Diesel, I guess. :D

Anyway, one of my favourite Dali paintings is the Persistence of Memory, and it's "sequel", the Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory. Also, his series of sketches based on The Divine Comedy are pretty neat.

Dali himself was a pretty neat guy, from what I understand. He would paint just before going to bed, and just after waking up, so that he was still in a dreamlike state.

yes... later in his carrier he started his dreamlike paintings. Going very surreal. People often slandor these paintings but I think they are so creative. TO me, a good painting is a painting that gives you a mood or feeling, even a story. Nice selection vanguard. :)

Thanks, TMA. Actually, as you may know, he also did a lot of religious paintings (which is why many people don't consider him a surrealist artist, despite the fact that his surrealism is by far his most famous stuff). Many of these included the Virgin Mary (I think in her Lourdes incarnation or whatever), which he based on his less-than-faithful wife, Gala. An interesting painting (one of his last) was called something like "Vision of Death", and it combined the two genres. I'll try to find a picture online somewhere.

Hmm... I think Se

There was also talk of Jodorowsky and Herbert not liking each other and Jodorowsky not wanting Herbert on his set. Salvador Dali, Ron Cobb, H.R. Giger, Chriss Foss, and Jean Giraud Moebius were the artists if you have seen anything by any one of them then you know these guys each had quite a visual style. I'd have to say that Jodorowsky's Dune would have been very different. ;)