Something GOOD Bush did- or do you think he is too evil to do anything good?

people need to know that if they plot, plan, and execute multiple cold blooded murders (like the DC sniper), then they forfeit their right to live.

having pre-knowlege that they will enjoy a luxurious prison life free from harm, with plenty of food, outdoor exvcersice, no need to work for a living, even some television and occasional movie on the weekends...with the lovely potential for freedom if they do good in rehabillitative therapy is very comforting to a murderer. the murderer can take refuge and solace in knowing that no matter how many innocent women and children he kills, his life is still so important that he is guaranteed to be cared for at taxpayer expense. ahhh...what a good life eh? being a murderer suddenly doesn't seem to be so bad

1. Bush wants to HAND DOWN MONEY to CHURCHES. Specifically. If you actually picked up a newspaper once in a while, instead of watching the Conservative News Network, you'd know that.

2. Wow, less than 10,000 bucks, eh? What's a measly 10,000 smakeroos, right? Thta's about a fifth of the average household income!

3. K-Mart is still laying off people...What happened to the tax cuts there, hmm?

now for the corrected version:

Bush is granting tax relief to non-profit organizations along with businesses and citizens.

Companies are laying off people because the era of making a billion dollars off a non-functioning dot.com under the clinton era, buying corporate jets, estates, and mega-yachts is now over. Under Bill clinton, where you could start up any dot.com you could pull out of your a$#, peopel actually bought submarines! YES! Private submarines were being sold like never before. That is how utterly bad and corrupt it was under Bill Clinton. Imagine a crooked corporate exec at a board meeting "Hey guys, after golf on Tuesday, theres a party on my sub." LOL. Those days are over. now companies are selling those things like private jets, subs, and the like just to stay afloat.

1. Whatever you say there, boy. But he is handing money to Churches.

2. Whoa...it's all Clinton's fault, eh? Companies are laying off people to save money, so their CEO's can keep all that crap. And it's not Clinton's fault! Just because you are a mindless follower of the Republican Party Line ("The rich get richer and the poor get screwed."), doesn't mean you are right. ::) So, you're blaming the Dot.Com crash on Clinton? Wow. How stupid can you be. ::)

. Whatever you say there, boy. But he is handing money to Churches.

2. Whoa...it's all Clinton's fault, eh? Companies are laying off people to save money, so their CEO's can keep all that crap. And it's not Clinton's fault! Just because you are a mindless follower of the Republican Party Line ("The rich get richer and the poor get screwed."), doesn't mean you are right. So, you're blaming the Dot.Com crash on Clinton? Wow. How stupid can you be.

now for the corrected version:

1. I am a man, not a boy.

2. Bush is not giving money to a bunch of churches. He gets paid around 250K per year for being president, and perhaps he tithes to a church, but by no means to all of the churches.

3. CEO's and CFO's are losing their jobs. Most notably, the ones that became rich during the clinton era. (i.e. Scott Sullivan)

4. The dot.com crash began in early 2000- during Clinton's office. The crash was not the problem...it was destined due to the sheer amrount of unchecked corporate corruption. The RISE was the problem, which all occured during Clinton's years.

Life in prison is not like you described it, Emprworm. You can be sure that you won't get outside and swim in the river with the fishies ::)

Capital punishment should be outlawed completely, because it is murder, not justice.

Letting people die after a life in prison however is not murder, because they usually die of natural causes.

yes it is Belziel. most prisons even have cable tv now. Some even get it in their cells.

a murder in a soceity where Belziel and gang love him so much that he will never ever be executed and gets a life of nice, easy prison time with rehabillitative sessions (which are always kinda fun toying with a shrink)...he really has nothing to worry about. Of course he will try to not get caught, but if he does, oh well...he can just laugh it off and he'll be out soon enough when he gives the appearance of 'rehabillitation'. then he can kill even more victims with no worry cuz Belziel cares more about the murderer then the innocent children he repeat murders because he was not executed the first time.

capital punishment is not vengeance. to say it is means that any form of justice is vengeance, which is rediculous Edric.

capital punishment is actually the very first law God gave man. All the way back to Genesis 9. Before Moses. Before the Jews. The law that christ fufilled...the law of Moses...was not this law, which pre-dated Moses, and is the first law of God given to man

"Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother I will require the life of man. "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man. And as for you, be fruitful and multiply; Bring forth abundantly in the earth And multiply in it."

Now, God does not change. Such a law, which was not part of the Mosaic law, if given to the human race as a guiding principle of justice, would not be negated at any time in the future, for God is unchanging.

now i dont mean this to insult anyone, but the only thing i really loathe when talking about capital punishment are those people that rush to defend the murderers, and rush to support the killing of the unborn.

i really hate that.

the only people i respect in the debate of capital punishment who are against it are those who are consistent and also against killing the unborn child.

That sounds more like a prophecy to me, not a law.

And the purpose of punishing murderers is mainly to stop them from ever killing someone again. Life imprisonment does that quite nicely, and it is far more humane than murdering them.

That's what capital punishment is: MURDER. Sponsored by the state.

That sounds more like a prophecy to me, not a law.

And the purpose of punishing murderers is mainly to stop them from ever killing someone again. Life imprisonment does that quite nicely, and it is far more humane than murdering them.

That's what capital punishment is: MURDER. Sponsored by the state.

edric, it is not even close to a prophecy. if you read the passage in context it is plainly obvious God is talking to Noah as he establishes new societies. It is the moral law God is informing him of. Prophecy? Cmon. lol. I hope you dont make the Bible fit your views, but that you let the Bible shape them.

And it is not murder. In case you forgot Edric, God has killed many many people- even in the New Testament, he struck down people dead. Killing is not necessarily the same as murder.

And it is not murder. In case you forgot Edric, God has killed many many people- even in the New Testament, he struck down people dead. Killing is not necessarily the same as murder.

Oh, so Bush=God now? I can't say I'm surprised... ::)

The only time killing is not murder is when it is not commited by humans. This can mean both when it's commited by superior beings (like God - because you can't judge a being whose intelligence is so much more vast than your own) or inferior beings (cats don't "murder" mice, of course).

Oh, so Bush=God now? I can't say I'm surprised...

huh? don't start playing that game. i wouldn't dare suggest such a thing. bush is a limited finite being. he is infinitely remote from the Eternal, Infinite Creator.

The only time killing is not murder is when it is not commited by humans.

You have a very limited concept of murder. If a man is raping my children, has a gun to my wife's head and is loading it to pull the trigger, and I had 2 seconds and the means to make a kill shot on him, I'm going to do it. And God would most certainly approve of this action. I would not be a murderer. Not even the atheists in here would call a man who protects his family using lethal force a murderer. Nor would anyone be so repugnant to call a police officer who snipes a robber holding up a bank with machine guns with 15 corpses littering around the floor.

Edric, your views on killing are too constrained to have any basis in the cold reality of this world.

Killing does not necessarily equal murder. I think most people would even agree with me on this.

You have a very limited concept of murder. If a man is raping my children, has a gun to my wife's head and is loading it to pull the trigger, and I had 2 seconds and the means to make a kill shot on him, I'm going to do it. And God would most certainly approve of this action.

I believe He would not. Perhaps you don't grasp the meaning of "love thy enemy", "turn the other cheek" and "thou shalt not kill".

Hey, no one ever said the path of God is easy. On the contrary.

And btw, I would shoot that man too, but at the same time I would be very much aware that I'm sinning.