Something GOOD Bush did- or do you think he is too evil to do anything good?

How much hatred do you have of Bush?

So much hatred that he cannot possibly do something good?

Bush Declares Sanctity of Human Life Day

WASHINGTON - Pledging to build a culture that respects life, President Bush (news - web sites) is declaring a National Sanctity of Human Life Day.

"As we seek to improve quality of life, overcome illness and promote vital medical research, my administration will continue to honor our country's founding ideals of equal dignity and equal rights for every American," Bush said Tuesday in a document that enacts no change in policy or program.

"By working together to protect the weak, the imperfect and the unwanted, we affirm a culture of hope and help ensure a brighter future for all."

and before you just say its all talk, here is something Bush did that I deeply am grateful for:

GW Bush accomplishement:

"The president heralded the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act he signed last year, which amends the legal definitions of "person," "human being," "child" and "individual" to include any fetus that survives an abortion procedure. "

Question to Bush-haters:

if Bush even capable of doing something good, or is your heart so filled with hate that you cannot accept even the possibility that he could do something good?

As long as it's in his best interest, of course he's gonna do something good. This apprears to be yet another attempt to capitalize on the gullability of certain people, most notably fundamentalist Christians (the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act).

Nice PR coup, but I'm not impressed.

oh yea, Edric, I guess that I should vote for Satan himself then? If Bush wants to spend the next 2 years earning my vote by doing every Christian act he can think of- helping homeless, defending the rights of the unborn, allowing private prayer in schools, promiting family and virtue....then YA!!! :D My vote is all his.

oh yea, Edric, I guess that I should vote for Satan himself then?
I don't know, what's his political platform? ;D

I believe some of you may find this text to be quite interesting. Here's an american citizen's opinion on Bush's Christian propaganda:

"Whether or not George W. Bush is as stupid as many people think he is (some say he's just illiterate) is irrelevant. In fact, Bush is just a figurehead, a corporate puppet. His cronies certainly include some intelligent individuals, some of whom probably asked at one time or another, 'Why do communist nations usually outlaw religion?' Actually, that isn't so difficult: they simply want citizens to pay allegiance only to the government.

So how could the White House command similar fealty without banning religion (a mighty tall order, even for Emperor Bush)? The answer's simple: If you can't beat'em, join'em!

By cloaking himself in religion, President Bush automatically gains the respect of Christian fundamentalists, which apparently include the majority of U.S. citizens in post-September 11 America. And let's face it: most Americans probably don't put much more thought into religion than they do into voting. Anything that can be labeled Christian is probably good enough for the typical flag-waving football patriot."

in response to Edric:

the smallest good deed is greater than a million bad intentions.

the smallest good deed is greater than the greatest good intentions.

So long as the actions of GW Bush are similar to the liberation of Afghanistan, the rights of the unborn, and the defense of the homeless, I really don't care about what some anti-governmental paraniod jugdmental American citizen says about Bush's hidden motives. These people who sit around and judge a man's heart are in worse shape than they think. I judge a man by his deeds...and his deeds alone.

GW Bush accomplishement:

"The president heralded the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act he signed last year, which amends the legal definitions of "person," "human being," "child" and "individual" to include any fetus that survives an abortion procedure. "

This is a good thing? It basically says "no stem cell research." Which means no cures for: Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Diabetes, etc. Riiiiiight. The guys a saint. ::)

allowing private prayer in schools,

Um, how, exactly, would you go about forbidding private prayer (in schools or anywhere else)?

I can see prohibitions on public prayer, but that's an entirely different matter. Private prayer is not -- and by its nature cannot be -- prohibited or restricted anywhere.

Trust me -- you can't stop me from praying where & when I choose! And I don't believe anyone has the magic camera to look into my head & see if I'm in conversation with the Divine, yet!

As for Bush's good intentions, I judge the man by his actions, not a few pretty words in a speech.

As Governor of Texas, he opposed Head Start. He promoted the use of the death penalty on a mentally retarded individual. He chose to "get tough" on welfare by ending the allowance for each individual child (which, in Texas, was $38.00/month).

He is not concerned with the poor or downtrodden... except when it makes him look good.

Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money.

This is a good thing? It basically says "no stem cell research." Which means no cures for: Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Diabetes, etc.

It also says: "No killing a human being to cure another."

Sounds fine to me... But of course, we all know that the corporations have no intention of following the law - hey, it's okay if you don't get caught, right? ::)

It also says: "No killing a human being to cure another."

An unborn fetus is NOT a human being! If it can't think and does not have any other recognizable traits of a human, it isn't a human. (Of course, by that reasoning, I guess Dubya isn't human either...that explains a lot. :P)

Depends on your personal opinion of a human being, but even so, it is kill a human to save many more. A fair trade IMO.

Indeed. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

An unborn fetus is NOT a human being!

60 years ago, the nazis argued that Jews weren't human beings... your argument doesn't seem to be much different. ::)

Depends on your personal opinion of a human being, but even so, it is kill a human to save many more. A fair trade IMO.

And who made YOU God? Since when do we get to decide on who lives and who dies? If they gave their lives VOLUNTARILY, that would be a different matter. But they can't exactly do that yet, can they?

An unborn fetus is NOT a human being!

60 years ago, the nazis argued that Jews weren't human beings... your argument doesn't seem to be much different. ::)

And your precious Soviets said the same thing...Does the word "hypocritical" ring a bell?

But anyways, the Jews are living, breathing people, with distinguisible characteristics, the ability to think, etc.

And who made YOU God? Since when do we get to decide on who lives and who dies? If they gave their lives VOLUNTARILY, that would be a different matter. But they can't exactly do that yet, can they?

No they can't. Hmm...and why not? Because they aren't human beings yet!

And your precious Soviets said the same thing...Does the word "hypocritical" ring a bell?

My "precious" Soviets? The Soviets are responsible for horrible crimes against Humanity, and they are a disgrace to the name of Communism.

But anyways, the Jews are living, breathing people, with distinguisible characteristics, the ability to think, etc.

So will the unborn fetuses, given time.

Define "human being". Last time I checked, the fetuses belonged to the species Homo Sapiens. Perhaps you disagree? ::)

My "precious" Soviets? The Soviets are responsible for horrible crimes against Humanity, and they are a disgrace to the name of Communism.

The Soviets ARE the name of communism. Before the Soviets, there was no communism.

So will the unborn fetuses, given time.

Define "human being". Last time I checked, the fetuses belonged to the species Homo Sapiens. Perhaps you disagree? ::)

Ok, even if they are human beings: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." I would think of all people, a Communist should know THAT.

Your analogy is ridiculously flawed, Acriku. A sperm or egg cannot be considered a human being for the simple reason that it is only a gamete. If left to develop on its own, it will do absolutely nothing. However, if the fetus is left to develop on its own, it will grow into a full-fledged human.

Your analogy is ridiculously flawed, Acriku. A sperm or egg cannot be considered a human being for the simple reason that it is only a gamete. If left to develop on its own, it will do absolutely nothing. However, if the fetus is left to develop on its own, it will grow into a full-fledged human.

Not without a host, it won't.

I doubt Bush thought of anything himself, his advisors do all the work....

I hate Bush because he does NOTHING RIGHT Ex:

1) His tax cuts favor the rich more then the poor, not saying that the cuts dont HELP the poor but they favor the 400,000+ income a year people a lot, now tell me if you were making that much money would you want to get more of it by tax cuts or keep it the same and help less fortunate people?

2)This is what I love, I liked his war on terror concept but instead of killing the one man who did this he goes and bombs the hell out of a country, and war with Iraq is inevitable, and NK isnt looking exackly bright, now Iraq has bout 20 mill I think, so tell me, one man dead or fighting a nation of 20 million?

The Soviets ARE the name of communism. Before the Soviets, there was no communism.

Are you really that ignorant, or just acting? Do the names "Karl Marx" and "Freidrich Engels" ring a bell? ::)

Ok, even if they are human beings: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." I would think of all people, a Communist should know THAT.

Oh, yes, certainly. But taking an innocent life is immoral and evil, no matter how many lives you save by doing so.

Not without a host, it won't.

That is self-evident. So?

Edric O, there is no telling whether or not it will grow into a full-fledged human, but even if it does, you would not sacrifice one fetus for many FULLGROWN human beings? Not even your mother? Your father? Yourself?

Would you kill an innocent person for organ harvesting to save your mother or yourself? It's the same thing.