Something GOOD Bush did- or do you think he is too evil to do anything good?

Emprworm, quit trying to justify murder. Murder is a crime and it is a sin. There is no getting around that. When you justify it even more, you can say that, "Oh, that guy's not christian, well, you know what, I guess he deserves to die since he is sinning against God".

Any justification of murder is sickening.

Emprworm, quit trying to justify murder. Murder is a crime and it is a sin. There is no getting around that. When you justify it even more, you can say that, "Oh, that guy's not christian, well, you know what, I guess he deserves to die since he is sinning against God".

Any justification of murder is sickening.

When God kills people, He isn'tt murderering. When God told the Jews to slay people, they weren't murderers either. When a policeman takes down an armed bank robber who is holding a gun to your mothers head, he isn't a murderer either.

Bullshit. When Jews killed, they were murderers, when policeman kills, he is a murderer. God cannot be a murderer, because he is not human.

I feel like the part where God tells jews to kill people as a complete and utter made up part to make the jews seem like the only people in the world that matter to God.

Non-sequitur.

The policeman is not God, nor was he acting out of God's will. ::)

Perhaps you do not have the strength to realize the reality of Jesus's teachings of unconditional love and compassion.

If a man slaughtered your family without mercy, tortured your dearest friends to death and robbed you of everything you ever loved, and if that man was hanging on the edge of a cliff, the Christian thing to do would be to give him your hand and pull him up.

THAT is what Jesus teaches us, and He warned us it would not be easy to accept.

Bullshit. When Jews killed, they were murderers, when policeman kills, he is a murderer. God cannot be a murderer, because he is not human.

what kind of language is that? At any rate, when God told David to kill people and he obeyed, David was richly blessed. You can call him a murderer, thats fine, but God does not. I think I'll listen to God.

I feel like the part where God tells jews to kill people as a complete and utter made up part to make the jews seem like the only people in the world that matter to God.

a great example of why people force God to contort/fit into their minds, rather than let their minds be shaped by God.

God hasn't commanded me to kill anyone, but those who did were blessed. But you do not believe the Bible anyway, so my debate is not with you, Acriku. Please don't cut in this particular debate which requires the participants to believe the Bible.

Let me say this again:

Perhaps you do not have the strength to realize the reality of Jesus's teachings of unconditional love and compassion.

If a man slaughtered your family without mercy, tortured your dearest friends to death and robbed you of everything you ever loved, and if that man was hanging on the edge of a cliff, the Christian thing to do would be to give him your hand and pull him up.

THAT is what Jesus teaches us, and He warned us it would not be easy to accept.

of course it would be Edric. And then you hand him to law enforcement.

or do you want him to kill someone else?

vengeance should never be carried out. I do not advocate vigilantism which is what that verse applies to. Social justice is never ever condemned in the Bible. Individual justice IS

What if the people in the bible thought they heard those messages, but actually didn't?

The bible was written by men, not God.

what if Belziel is forcing God to fit to his preconceived ideas about God? What if Belziel is putting requirements on God, making up his own version of God, then forcing the Bible to fit to his views rather than the other way around?

The bible was written by several of the 12 Apostles, who were not godly creatures, but ordinary men and therefore could interpret things differently than they really were.

the Bible was written by 40 people. you do not know much about biblical history.

Well see, there's the key word PEOPLE. Not God, but people. I don't believe some of the things that people write and say.

of course you dont. you force the Bible to fit your views. you only agree with the parts of the Bible that fit your views, and all the other parts MUST be wrong.

how close was I?

of course you dont. you force the Bible to fit your views. you only agree with the parts of the Bible that fit your views, and all the other parts MUST be wrong.

how close was I?

Some things in the bible were obviously enhanced and made up by the people who wrote it.

If you deny that, you're just plain naive.