Contaminators aren't good, can't you people understand that?!?

ken124578

I've heard it many times

contaminators rule!
contaminators can do massive damage when you can flank the enemy with 3 contaminators
contaminators are very good in infantry wars, they can multiply quick!
never underestimate any unit in the game, they can do massive damage when you're not prepaired for them

All these quotes above are WRONG!!! because of this:

1. they are slow.

2. they cannot destroy vehicles, they wont even damage it by 5%!

3. they cannot destroy buildings, and do little damage which can be repaired in 3/5 seconds.

4. they are not worth their price tag.

5. their range is very short and wil only make it to their target 1 out of 10 times or not at all and only when its in an VERY large group against an VERY small group of infantry.

6. contaminators can be stopped by walls.

7. other units can do their job faster/more efficient and at an lower price tag with an higher % of succes.

8. it has only 1 function, unlike the chemical trooper which is just as efficient.

9. they give the other player's units chevrons.

Perhaps this wil stop the "contaminators rule" discussion by some newbies >:(

9. they give the other player's units chevrons.

I agree with everything you've said except for this. I'm sorry to say that this is false. In fact, if you've ever noticed, ALL of the subhouse units don't give units chevrons no matter how many of them you kill. Check the Rules.txt if you like. They have no 'score' point value, which means that when they are killed, they don't give any 'points' towards gaining veterancy levels.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest. Contaminators are the most useless unit in the game, cost as much as regular Sardauakar, and just completely suck. They almost NEVER get to do what they were meant to, simply because they get killed, or simply overrun by vehicles. Mass Contaminator attacks will always result in you taking more losses (economically) than the enemy. One Contaminator would have to infect 6 Harkonnen Light Infantry to equal the amount of money it cost to create it, and it will most likely get gassed or burnt by Chemical Troopers and Flamethrower Infantry respectively before it can be of any use. It would have to kill 5 Atreides Light Infantry to equal the amount of money it would take to create it (one Contaminator), so you would certainly lose much more money than the enemy from the losses you take compared to the losses he/she takes. Unless your enemy sends infantry one by one (ROFL) the Contaminator will be useless. ::) Let's face it, Contaminators suck!

I agree with everything you've said except for this. I'm sorry to say that this is false. In fact, if you've ever noticed, ALL of the subhouse units don't give units chevrons no matter how many of them you kill. Check the Rules.txt if you like. They have no 'score' point value, which means that when they are killed, they don't give any 'points' towards gaining veterancy levels.

Hmmm, that's an interesting fact, I never noticed it

...... I do not agree, but hey! i'm not wasting my time trying to convince you with my opinion

I have this game longer then most of you people have, lets see... 13 months with some days.

Contaminators suck, i've said all the reasons why they suck, experienced people think they suck, i think they suck, he thinks they suck, IF YOUR MOTHER PLAYED EMPEROR SHE WOULD THINK THEY SUCKED ::), but why wont you think they suck?

If you reduce their cost and buildtime drastically, they almost don't suck... ;D

wel, the only thing you need to improve is: speed, armour, cost, effectiveness against tanks/buildings, production speed it ssad that an unit needs this much improvements to even try to compete with other more cheaper units.

...... I do not agree, but hey! i'm not wasting my time trying to convince you with my opinion

I have this game longer then most of you people have, lets see... 13 months with some days.

Contaminators suck, i've said all the reasons why they suck, experienced people think they suck, i think they suck, he thinks they suck, IF YOUR MOTHER PLAYED EMPEROR SHE WOULD THINK THEY SUCKED ::), but why wont you think they suck?

.... i got the game longer than 13 months ::) anyway..... I think they don't suck because people use them wrong. They are not units that you should build in mass, not units that you should use as front line soldiers but units that you should use in a sneaky way. Use some units to get their attention and move in the contaminators fromt he side, once they've started contaminating and enemy infantry force it is unstoppable, they may not be able to destroy vehicles or buildings but they can waste and entire group of infantry. Every infantry that is contaminated will turn into unit worth 300 bucks. (well the contaminator is not exactly worth 300 bucks IMO more like 150 or 200..) but anyway you can get a lot of them in no time if you use them right, and waste an army of infantry

Lol, I recently played a game in which I lost and in the end my opponent tried to hunt down my remaining chem trooper with like 10 contaminators. He just couldn't do it, lol ;D, I mean those things are slow as hell, even if you surround the enemy infantry unit, it still has a huge chance of getting away.

.... i got the game longer than 13 months ::) anyway..... I think they don't suck because people use them wrong. They are not units that you should build in mass, not units that you should use as front line soldiers but units that you should use in a sneaky way. Use some units to get their attention and move in the contaminators fromt he side, once they've started contaminating and enemy infantry force it is unstoppable, they may not be able to destroy vehicles or buildings but they can waste and entire group of infantry. Every infantry that is contaminated will turn into unit worth 300 bucks. (well the contaminator is not exactly worth 300 bucks IMO more like 150 or 200..) but anyway you can get a lot of them in no time if you use them right, and waste an army of infantry

Let me re-phrace my post, i'm probably MORE experienced then most of the guys hanging around here! contaminators suck, they are slow not keeping up with your assault, keeping your attack around too long and you wil definatly find yourself against an giant army much better then you, instead of contaminators you could be making LEECHES!!!! they cost too much, they die too fast >:( they're an typical sign of newbieness.

I think i've explained enough about this subject.