System specs for Generals...

Nyarlathotep

I warned you guys.. here's a post from an Beta tester (I know, things may improve, but I have serious doubts that'll happen):

Henl86

Board Veteran

Member # 2890

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2002 08:32 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering it runs BADLY on my system on 800x600 resolution you need a state of the art machine imo. If they don't make it run twice as well in the retail that is.

I got a:

Amd xp 2100 :O

512 mb ddr ram :O

Asus Geforce 4 ti4200 with 128 mb ddr ram :O

All drivers are updated. I get lousy fps, and when you start to get a lot of tanks it slows down to a crawl.

--------------------

LLtR

Long Live the Rush

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a guy with roughly the same specs [ only an Intel P4 ] who couldn't play the demo either.

It is supposed to be a great game, but untill now I'm just waiting patiently.

[ That reminds me of the Doom 3 demo they had on the E3, that things if totally not playable on any PC. ;D Or they made a really big mistake in that beta demo ] ::)

yeah.. don't worry.. they would not even think of releasing a game with system requirements that high..

believe me.. in the end the minimum will be like 800 mhz or something...

I'm a 100% sure that the minimum specs will be lower. Question is, how will the game run on minimum specs ;)

Here's another post, a bit more optimistic, but he's got better specs (watch what he says when a nuke hits):

FIJIMAN

Trainee (newbie)

Member # 7313

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2002 08:45 AM

I'm sure (or should say really really hope) Generals will get optimized as far as performance.

I have a P4 2.26 768Ram and a Geforce 3 original and normally get 30 fps. Thats ok as far a playability but when a nuke hits, forget it, I go down to like 5 fps. I run UT2K3 flawlessly and thats a First person shooter with constant action and tons of eyecandy. I average 50 fps on that game.

So to answer the question, unless they will optimize the crap out of this MPTP, then the minimun specs are half what you really need.

--------------------

Am I Too Old To Be Playing These Games?