Bible questions.

I've study'ed most of the bible. If you have a question about a story in the bible. or a bible question about a verse etc. i've study a lot in the bible and i'd say i can answer most questions about it or about a story in it. Or about the bible in general. :)

<Note make sure its about the bible. Or probblems you might have or you wonder what the bible says about a certin subject Example "Whats wrong with Stealing? What does the word grace mean?" And please take cristsim'em about god & the bible to another thread. Inless it has something to do with your question. otherwise it could tottly turn the tide of the topic if you know what i mean from seeing other threads ::). And please keep an open mind to stuff don't be to one sided when it comes to stuff in the bible. >

You might be able to stump me but i got a all around knolege of the bible in most areas. And I know somebody that really does know alot about it i can ask if you stump me here. But i can answer most questions about it.

I got a feeling there going to come faster then i can give an answer to'em ;D

Has for any chirstians reading this. If you see a question you know an answer for. Don't wait on my account. You can go ahead and let them know what all you know about that subject.

Well. i'm open to any questions :)

Did creation happen over a period of days or were those days just some length of time. Has the seventh day actually ended or are we still in the "seventh day"?

Yes. the bible clearly states in Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made."

And if you study <Chances are you never heard of this its what numbers mean in the bible>Bible Numarics the number 7 is the number of completion

How was it handed down from God to Earth? Is it recorded who wrote it? (I'm basically askings what it origin is. I've read it before but never found that out)

Well. some of the authers are unknown. But each one was inspired but God what to write. Some are unkown but God used them to write the bible.

Yes but on every other day you have the words, "and there was evening", but there is no mention of an evening on the seventh day, just that God was finished.

Thats an intrusting question Gob. I don't really know what to tell you but that i'l look into it further. Check this thread latter and i'l probbly have your answer.

This is a pretty good link, answers a number of science related questions, among other things, from a Christian perspective.

http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/faqs.shtml?main

I was just asking as the whole debate on evolution/creation is a big issue even among other Christians.

Well. it says he rested on the seventh day. so i guess he rested. But that brings up the subject of what are the evening and morning doing there? I'l have your answer preety soon probbly. If the threads done gone i'l IM you.

Preety good link. i think i'l give one of my on while i'm thinking about it. It costs a little but i think you can read it all online for free on there with a certin progeram. I don't know but check out the link if you wanna.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0253onlinereading.asp

I have a *legitament* question: Why does God make the world in 6 periods of time, when he is omnipotent? Was it because he wanted to explain what was happening in stages, which might've just happened instantly?

I think there are only 3 periods of time past present and future. if i'm wrong <Even if going slightly off topic> Tell me what the other 3 are.

Well. I don't know the bible don't really say much on that matter. However i think he crated this dim And for time 3 types of time past present and future. I don't how this would work. its beyond my understanding. But him looking at time would be about like us looking at a string or picture. He can see the begining and the end.

Us trying to understand that would be like mr flat <Something in 2 dim> trying to understand how we could turn him around. and it would be beyond his understanding how he couldn't see us. and that he's flat

Yes but on every other day you have the words, "and there was evening", but there is no mention of an evening on the seventh day, just that God was finished.

I am taking this quote to answer.

Please don't take the Genesis verses literally. For example, don't consider "days" as regular days (23 hours 59 min 58 secs., yeah that's a day scientifically proved). All the verses Gen1, 1-31 is a whole poem, and that part was written before all the profets and kings, in fact it is one the last part of the old testament written, and therefore it was written based on those days customs and written for the people of those days. Days are only a concept for us (humans that live in earth), not for GOD. The message of the creation (Gen1 1-31) is to present the creation as an scenic presentation.

About the "missing" day, well, the writer considered the creation on six days so the sixth day , saturday (that for jews is the rest day) could be consagrated to GOD.

In those days, people considered the earth flat, not sphere, that's why in verse 6 is not "technically" correct the description.

Plese don't consider the verses literally.

verse 1 of genesis chapter one is a seperate clause from the restoration of the universe. In many parts of the bible the time inbetween the creation of the universe and the 6 days of restoration are talked about. These times are the times when "angels" roamed over the cosmos. Once satan fell, he destroyed the earth. the spirit than moved over the face of the deep. made it dark for angels to escape from the earth. Than God restored the universe from the huge angelic war that took place. between verse one of genesis chapter one and the talking of the six days or restoration could have been hundreds, thousands, millions and even billions of years. If you have mroe questions on the exact verses and hebrew translations on why this is so, than ask. :)

This site is about many religions and if you are a christian, than look out for any false information, but this actually talks about genesis in a great way. It explains the hebrew terms for creation and the history of lucifers fall. check it out. it shows the restoration and not creation in 6 days.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/rebellion.htm

Also it could have just meant the evening and morning has in the evening and morning he was makeing it.

I'm going to see if anybody can answer this one. Where was God before he crated the earth?<I know the answer but i wanna test what all you know this is a preety hard one>

How was it handed down from God to Earth? Is it recorded who wrote it? (I'm basically askings what it origin is. I've read it before but never found that out)

There is no a single answer.

Take the OLD TESTAMENT for example. There was not a single writer, but several writers. In the years of King Salomon, an unknown writer, which we call THE YAVISTA wrote the first history of the God's town, that begun with the events at the Paradise (the creation was written hundreds of years later) this same person wrote most of the part of David's history in the books of Samuel. To write about Abraham, they used the memories and legends of the people from Israel that was transmited by their fathers. Some parts are based on the literature of the Babilonios, they had since hundreds of years ago, poems about the first couple, the paradise, the great rain.

The Eloista wrote most of the parts about Moises. Later when the jews came back from Babilonia, their priest added several verses to the books, and just in that time ( 500+ years after) the first chapter of genesis was written.

God doesnt need to exist within Time-Space. People often ask and for good reason, Where was God that whole time before everything was created? Well Time itself didnt always exist. Timelessness is impossible for us to comprehend but God is beyond Time. Suddenly he created Time-Space from nothingness. God is Timeless. Never think of time as always existant. Even science now days with people like stephan hawkings agree that time had a beginning.

God doesnt need to exist within Time-Space. People often ask and for good reason, Where was God that whole time before everything was created? Well Time itself didnt always exist. Timelessness is impossible for us to comprehend but God is beyond Time. Suddenly he created Time-Space from nothingness. God is Timeless. Never think of time as always existant. Even science now days with people like stephan hawkings agree that time had a beginning.

He was in glory.

And yes he is Timeles he made time. Think of it like a vido game. But your inside it along with the rest of the universe. But WAY more complocated. But good thinking.

Shinseiki Evangelion? Nice thing ;D

Lilith, actually, is Satan. Female form of Satan. Or one of his fallen angels. God created Lilith's body at first, but it was quickly controlled by Satan (or his minion), so God banished her and made Eva. Also, this legend isn't based on Bible, nor Quran.

About those days, take the word "jom" which is in original and tell me how much meanings it has. Also, sneezer, are you a monk? You know, Bible is a holy word, and explanation is only for experts.

Then were was that story about Lilith from? The novel I'm currently reading, btw, is called "The procedure", by Harry Mulisch.

It comes from Hebrew myth. 'Lilith' is usually derived from the Babylonian-Assyrian word 'lilitu,' 'a female demon, or wind-spirit' -- one of a triad mentioned in Babylonian spells. But she appears earlier as 'Lillake' on a 2000 BC Sumerian tablet from Ur containing the tale of Gilgamesh and the Willow Tree. There she is a demoness dwelling in the trunk of a willow tree tended by the Goddess Inanna (Anath) on the banks of the Euphrates. Popular Hebrew etymology seems to have derived 'Lilith' from 'layil,' 'night'; and she therefore often appears as a hairy night-monster, as she also does in Arabian folklore. Solomon suspected the Queen of Sheba of being Lilith, because she had hairy legs. His judgement on the two harlots is recorded in 1 Kings 3:16. According to Isaiah 34:14-15, Lilith dwells among the desolate ruins in the Edomite Desert where satyrs ("se'ir"), reems, pelicans, owls, jackals, ostriches, arrow-snakes and kites keep her company.

I have some question about the Bible that I do not really understand.

The world was created in seven days. Was it the physical world, the one we are living in now? You can figure it's like a hidden message:

a) Bible: In the beginning, everything was dark. Reality: The Universe is dark.

b) Bible: God created light. Reality: God created the suns and stars.

c) Bible: God created earth. Reality: The formation of the planets.

And so on...

You get the point. What I am trying to say, is that God created the universe in a logical way. That He created he universe and then let it grow to its present state. Yes, He created the universe, but did He create every step of it?

Also, sneezer, are you a monk? You know, Bible is a holy word, and explanation is only for experts.

I'm not sure exactly what a monk is. But the bible tells us all to be ready to give an answer to ever man to his question. Need a Reffrence? I can look it up. But i think its in first peter somewhere. I'm trying to seeing how much i know about it.

I have some question about the Bible that I do not really understand.

The world was created in seven days. Was it the physical world, the one we are living in now? You can figure it's like a hidden message:

a) Bible: In the beginning, everything was dark. Reality: The Universe is dark.

b) Bible: God created light. Reality: God created the suns and stars.

c) Bible: God created earth. Reality: The formation of the planets.

And so on...

You get the point. What I am trying to say, is that God created the universe in a logical way. That He created he universe and then let it grow to its present state. Yes, He created the universe, but did He create every step of it?

Must have crated ever step of it. If he din't then who did? You can not get something from nothing. You can not get life from nothingness.

May sound crazy, but in a novel I am currently reading it says that Eva wasn't the first woman, but a woman named Lilith was. She was banned after she cursed, using the name of God. Did the writer just make this up or has it an actual basis?

Whoever told you that. or wherever you heard that its wrong. I even did a search in the bible the word or name "Lilith" does not appear anywhere. Therefore it's probbly just myths. Chances that it has any truth in it are vary low. Its probbly just rumors. :P I don't know how they spring up like that. If it was true. I don't think God would allow a rumor like that to esacpe and not include anything about it in the bible.