Bible questions.

I am dissapointed you don't answer me how many times you have applied literally Mark 9:41-49, because as you said you take the whole bible literally. I think your answer would be very welcome to clarify things for the readers of this post, no need to keep a private conversation, this a forum and we should share our views, in a constructive way with the readers.

Ok. if you put it like a question i'l answer.

If i'm not mistakein "literally" Means serusly. for real That has nothing to do with where to apply it or not. and i think we can pick that part out. I bet there is a certin way to. but if so i don't know it.

Time for me to get flames a bit ;D

I had a conversation one time that was about Catholics and the fact they are going to hell. 'Why?!' You as? We'll If you read the Bible We are supposed to Pray to ONLY God, not to Peter, Paul & Mary... Not the Band (pun inteended) but the Saints and Virgin Mary. Its in the Bible to only Pray to God so why worship a religion that prays to others before God? Then there was someting about how the Catholics dont read from the Bible, but instead the Father Priest (whatever his name) reads form a Big Red book that has excerpts from the Bible. I dont know if this is true or not but if it is, Do any Catholics read the Bible? And lastly the guy mentionted how you have to go to confession to ask forgiveness rather than just ask God hisself in pray. I remeber back to younger days I was in Vacation Bible School and a teacher told me that if I sinned and didnt get to church to ask forgiveness and I died I would go to hell. Isnt that like having to go to confession? Theres no need to run to church just pray to God. So is the Catholic religion wrong by making ppl do the confession thingy and telling them to Pray to Mary and other Saints and by not even reading the Bible?

So what are your thoughts?

Well. your right.

See my above posts. Your seppose to confess your sins *ONLY* to God timothy 2:5 "For here is one mediator between God and men and the man Christ Jesus

See the fallowing links on that subject.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

I'm just wondering DJCID did you get saved in Vacation Bible School? ???

Anyway. any questions are wellcome.

I dont remember... I dont think I did that year. I rememer being at a youth outing some years later and got saved but was still a young one and really didnt know what it was all about and back in 92 I redevoted my life to Christ. I was very confused casue I remember asking Jesue into my life before when I was younger but didnt know if I had to do it again since I was older and knew what it was about then. My Pastor said no its like being in jail once you ask God in your out of the cell... even if you sin you dont go back in the cell, your debts been paid. Now I struggle to follow the path, but I try. I want to rasie my children right.

I dont remember... I dont think I did that year. I rememer being at a youth outing some years later and got saved but was still a young one and really didnt know what it was all about and back in 92 I redevoted my life to Christ. I was very confused casue I remember asking Jesue into my life before when I was younger but didnt know if I had to do it again since I was older and knew what it was about then. My Pastor said no its like being in jail once you ask God in your out of the cell... even if you sin you dont go back in the cell, your debts been paid. Now I struggle to follow the path, but I try. I want to rasie my children right.

Your pastors right. Any time if have dought's that i'm saved or not <Not recently And wasn't often when i did have them> I just prayed where i was at. I din't want to take any chances. If you don't remember when and where it was when you got saved. i'd pray again to make sure

For Raiseing your kids. Well the best way to teach them to do right is to be an example yourself. Also check out some of those comics on that website.<www.chick.com> Depending on there age. They got some for about ever subject. And some for kids. Even ones in only picture's with no words. <One way and Somebody loves me Theres another like one way i can't remember right off>

If they die at young age. they will go to heaven <We'r talking 5-younger Just untill the point where they can understand That God died for them. The bible comments on that to one to.>

Also look out for false stuff. There is a lot of false stuff now days. People take the bible out of context make false teachings about it. Try and disprove it etc etc.

If there about 7-13 I'd recomend you tell them something.

I would recomend you order and read the book at www.chick.com "The next step" It will tell you how to grow has a chirstian. First you have to clean up your on life and be willing to clean it up. Knowing your on Dope. You can quite with the Lords help. You can't be a good example to your kids while doing something yourself. Otherwise they can just say "Well your doing it to!"

Anybody have any more questions?

Time for me to get flames a bit ;D

I had a conversation one time that was about Catholics and the fact they are going to hell. 'Why?!' You as? We'll If you read the Bible We are supposed to Pray to ONLY God, not to Peter, Paul & Mary... Not the Band (pun inteended) but the Saints and Virgin Mary. Its in the Bible to only Pray to God so why worship a religion that prays to others before God? Then there was someting about how the Catholics dont read from the Bible, but instead the Father Priest (whatever his name) reads form a Big Red book that has excerpts from the Bible. I dont know if this is true or not but if it is, Do any Catholics read the Bible? And lastly the guy mentionted how you have to go to confession to ask forgiveness rather than just ask God hisself in pray. I remeber back to younger days I was in Vacation Bible School and a teacher told me that if I sinned and didnt get to church to ask forgiveness and I died I would go to hell. Isnt that like having to go to confession? Theres no need to run to church just pray to God. So is the Catholic religion wrong by making ppl do the confession thingy and telling them to Pray to Mary and other Saints and by not even reading the Bible?

So what are your thoughts?

Catholicism is based on the idea that people cannot understand Gods word themselves. They need priests and bishops, and above that the pope to explain the bibles wisdom for them. Before protestantism came, the only ones who could read the bible were the priests because the bible was written in latin only and only priests had knowledge of latin.

But doesnt that kinda go back to the only certin ppl are allowed behind the Holy Veil... even tho the Holy Veil was torn into. Was it just because the Bible had not been translated that only Fathers, Bishops, Popes and whatnot are allowed to understand Gods words, is that laymens terms? Since you cant read this let me do it for you.... Then how do they (laymen) know what they (Popes, Bishops, ect...) were translating is right?

The words how we should live, are translatable by anyone. What Jesus and the prophets were trying to say us is simple - love our God and other people as yourself. Heart of christianity isn't in worshipping "great translators", Church heads, but God and doing that, what he told us. Leaders of Church are people, lowly as us in the eyes of God. So they aren't superior in nothing than us. Just they are educated in teology, so they can see more times true difference than we. They are advisors for life, like psychologs, but more for spiritual and morale things.

But doesnt that kinda go back to the only certin ppl are allowed behind the Holy Veil... even tho the Holy Veil was torn into. Was it just because the Bible had not been translated that only Fathers, Bishops, Popes and whatnot are allowed to understand Gods words, is that laymens terms? Since you cant read this let me do it for you.... Then how do they (laymen) know what they (Popes, Bishops, ect...) were translating is right?

And that's what I believe is wrong with catholicism.

Much of it has only ONE possible translation. All churches are based on that, other parts are sources of divorce. We are just humans. :-

Just live to morally and think for others with every your act. That's what He wants from us.

Doh. another page started after that post :P oh well.

Um. no

He wants us to live morally to. But he wants us to accept him <John 3:16> first off. Then he wants us to Wittness <Mark 16:15> and let people know we accepted him. Then thirdly keep the 10 comandments. And not to sin