Bible questions.

Caid Ivik and Quandam already cleared that matter up ;)

ok. :-[

Sneezer don't turn this into a debate on that (whether or not nothing can come from something) because I and other people have something to say on that...

ok. but just trying to answer his question. and that would be going off topic on your part. so take your eagerness and infuriation <Thanks for the new word Edric O ;D> to another thread

Anyway. Any more questions?

No, I meant that what if God created the Big Bang? Scientists have already explained how everything came "to life" so to say... I think it was the first 300 000 years that we couldn't "see". Something like that.

No. The bible tells us in Gensis 1:1 In the begining God Crated the heavens and the earth." No such Big bang could happen I would point out flaws in it but that would be going off topic. Go to my yahoo messanger in my profile or IM me if you wanna talk about it.

any other questions other than the creation? I could explain mroe of the six days of restoration if ya like? :)

Yeah. me to. If anybody has any more questions go ahead and ask.

good thread sneezer. Great idea. Hope I am not intruding at all.

Angels were the first creation of beings. They lived as "children of God". A rebellion struck though. The highest angel, lucifer or "The Shining One" began to grow haughty and arrogant about his own greatness. He wanted independance from God's will. He wanted to rule himself and others because he thought his independant ideals were better than God's. God then cast the fallen angels and satan who was the ringleader from heaven, these fallen angels than scortched the earth, the jewel of the universe. God than restorted it and put Man on it as a test. Showing that lower beings can be dependant upon his will and be with him in harmony. Christ fulfilled this by taking away sin from man when adam and eve fell from grace. Satan hates humans because they are an insult to his greatness. God uses mankind as a test to prove to satan that his rule is perfect and satan's is flawed, because he is a created being, not a creator.

No, I meant that what if God created the Big Bang? Scientists have already explained how everything came "to life" so to say... I think it was the first 300 000 years that we couldn't "see". Something like that.

No. The bible tells us in Gensis 1:1 In the begining God Crated the heavens and the earth." No such Big bang could happen I would point out flaws in it but that would be going off topic. Go to my yahoo messanger in my profile or IM me if you wanna talk about it.

Please don't read the Genesis literally. First you have to know the context.

The first chapter of the Genesis (verses 1-31) was written by the priests of the Israel, when they came back from Babilonia, then it was based on Babilonia's tales, therefore the priest looked for a way to explain it to the people of those days, those people believed that the earth was flat, and the earth was the center of everything (universe), so it was for a simple understanding of those days.

The whole concept of Bing Bang or the Great Explotion is one theory (most accepted so far) of the beginning of the universe, and there is not sense in trying to harmonize one scientific theory with a poem.

lol liberal thoguht. Of course you have to look at it literally because it was written literally. When ancients wrote in their languages, the whole context of the book would point to it as an allegory. Genesis wasnt written as an allegory and if it was an allegory it would be written as one.

lol liberal thoguht. Of course you have to look at it literally because it was written literally. When ancients wrote in their languages, the whole context of the book would point to it as an allegory. Genesis wasnt written as an allegory and if it was an allegory it would be written as one.

Incorrect.

What I said, is the very same official position of the Church, your affirmation on the contrary is based on your cryteria only.

Besides, the Genesis, as I said before, was written in more than 500 years, with many people, in diferent places, and it's purpouse as many in the whole Biblie is to give a message, using poems, verses and parabolas (paradox in english I think).

good thread sneezer. Great idea. Hope I am not intruding at all.

Nahh. Don't worry about it. and i got the idea from thinking about the verse where we should be able to give an answer to ever man to his question.

Please don't read the Genesis literally. First you have to know the context.

The first chapter of the Genesis (verses 1-31) was written by the priests of the Israel, when they came back from Babilonia, then it was based on Babilonia's tales, therefore the priest looked for a way to explain it to the people of those days, those people believed that the earth was flat, and the earth was the center of everything (universe), so it was for a simple understanding of those days.

The whole concept of Bing Bang or the Great Explotion is one theory (most accepted so far) of the beginning of the universe, and there is not sense in trying to harmonize one scientific theory with a poem.

The bible is not a poem sir. It is poetic like. to make it easyer to memorize and understand. And i think the authers or auther of Genesis is unknown.<At lest i think so> if not explan why. and who it is. and provide some kind of proof if possable.

And yes i take it literally. If you don't take one part literally then you might has well not take any of it literally. its Gods inspired word passed down to are generation. What about the books we don't know the authers of? Why take them literally useing the same logic. Why take the comandment in mark 16:15 literally? and just lazy around ever day. Never witnessing.

You might has well say it was written by God. since God baseicly gave them the words to write. if he din't in Genesis then whats this i hear about him makeing us in his imege?

I think you get the point. I take it literally. and try and apply it to my life. and put on the hole amour of God.

The bible is not a poem sir. It is poetic like. to make it easyer to memorize and understand.

And i think the authers or auther of Genesis is unknown.<At lest i think so> if not explan why. and who it is. and provide some kind of proof if possable.

Where did I say that the WHOLE bible is a poem ?. Read well or quote before making false statments.

The whole point of my replies were about the creation.

The first chapter of Genesis Gen1 1-31, is a poem. Wheater you like it or not, it is a poem and I double checked with my religion book.

About the authors of the Genesis, as I said before were (in chronological order) : The Yavistas, The Eloistas and the priest of the Israel's town.

And yes i take it literally. If you don't take one part literally then you might has well not take any of it literally. its Gods inspired word passed down to are generation. What about the books we don't know the authers of? Why take them literally useing the same logic. Why take the comandment in mark 16:15 literally? and just lazy around ever day. Never witnessing.

You might has well say it was written by God. since God baseicly gave them the words to write. if he din't in Genesis then whats this i hear about him makeing us in his imege?

I think you get the point. I take it literally. and try and apply it to my life. and put on the hole amour of God.

Then you are going in a whole contradiction. You should start making a new religion based on YOUR own interpretation of the bible.

If you take it literally, then how about this :

Marcos 9:43-49 "If your hand is a reason for a sin, cut it off!, if you foot is a reason for a sin, cut if off!, if you eye is a reason for a sin, take it out !........". Given that everybody makes sin every single day, even you sin every day, I guess then that by now, if you TAKE THIS LITERALLY, you should be with out arms, eyes and so on.

And please don't say that have never make a sin, because that's not possible. I could quote many examples, terrible ones, specially those mandates of punishment that are explained in the Old Testament.

Sneezer, read the bible with criteria, and ask you local priest or your parents when you have doubts, at least that's what I do.

:O

Amusing, zamboe.

a Parabola is a graph that has half oval shape when drawn.

Your parabola might be that of the 'official' church -> but TMA_1 has the right to not be a zombie and make his own mind up.

What he said makes perfect sense to me.

:O

Amusing, zamboe.

a Parabola is a graph that has half oval shape when drawn.

Your parabola might be that of the 'official' church -> but TMA_1 has the right to not be a zombie and make his own mind up.

What he said makes perfect sense to me.

You know I like when someone can only argument against my english skills and not against my reasons and ideas. In this case you .

I know what a parabola is, for your information, in spanish "parabola" has 3 diferent uses, one of those is in geometry as you said.

Christianity is to believe, and obviously what you call "zombies" that's what we are christians we follow GOD without asking any simple explanation, and we are very proud of it,we are not going over all the bible looking for a diferent interpretation that would fit our interests.

The parabola error... i just couldn't resist... the zombie error... i would not go that far.

i do not argue with you zamboe. There is no need. Others here do well enough at that. Bear in mind that every word you say are important -> it could do your cause a great disservice to make amusing mistakes.

Ment to reply earlyer but are internet went down for a while. :-[

Where did I say that the WHOLE bible is a poem ?. Read well or quote before making false statments.

The whole point of my replies were about the creation.

The first chapter of Genesis Gen1 1-31, is a poem. Wheater you like it or not, it is a poem and I double checked with my religion book.

About the authors of the Genesis, as I said before were (in chronological order) : The Yavistas, The Eloistas and the priest of the Israel's town.

Then you are going in a whole contradiction. You should start making a new religion based on YOUR own interpretation of the bible.

If you take it literally, then how about this :

Marcos 9:43-49 "If your hand is a reason for a sin, cut it off!, if you foot is a reason for a sin, cut if off!, if you eye is a reason for a sin, take it out !........". Given that everybody makes sin every single day, even you sin every day, I guess then that by now, if you TAKE THIS LITERALLY, you should be with out arms, eyes and so on.

And please don't say that have never make a sin, because that's not possible. I could quote many examples, terrible ones, specially those mandates of punishment that are explained in the Old Testament.

Sneezer, read the bible with criteria, and ask you local priest or your parents when you have doubts, at least that's what I do.

There is no book in the bible or the Old Testament. called "Marcos" Perhaps a misspelling?

I don't know if your mormin or cathlic or what. But the bible tells me there is 1 Medator between God and man and thats Jesus chirst. There is no "priest" you confess your sins to. or ask stuff about. or call "Father" etc etc. I have no idea where you got all of this. perhaps Your "religion book"? The book of mormin?I think the cathlics belive that. This thread is about Chirstian answers if you belive in something else don't answer questions. <Example of bad answer Why did god die on the cross? Well he tryed but he was defeated by budda with a knife in the chest Another example Why did God crate the earth? He Well. He bearly maneged to but was weak then deafeated but the devil>

In other words God the son is the Medator to God the father. This can be found in Timothy 2:5

And i meant that verse when i said poem. Don't accuse me of makeing a false statment when what i said was unclear.

Anyway. i don't know where you got all of that mumbo jumbo. But if you want to talk futher lets do it by IM or yahoo. we'r thowing this thread way off topic.

I think the word "literally" Means serusly. You should know when to apply it or not. :P

Anyway. back on topic Any more questions ???

There is no book in the bible or the Old Testament. called "Marcos" Perhaps a misspelling?

I don't know if your mormin or cathlic or what. But the bible tells me there is 1 Medator between God and man and thats Jesus chirst. There is no "priest" you confess your sins to. or ask stuff about. or call "Father" etc etc. I have no idea where you got all of this. perhaps Your "religion book"? The book of mormin?I think the cathlics belive that. This thread is about Chirstian answers if you belive in something else don't answer questions. <Example of bad answer Why did god die on the cross? Well he tryed but he was defeated by budda with a knife in the chest Another example Why did God crate the earth? He Well. He bearly maneged to but was weak then deafeated but the devil>

In other words God the son is the Medator to God the father. This can be found in Timothy 2:5

And i meant that verse when i said poem. Don't accuse me of makeing a false statment when what i said was unclear.

Anyway. i don't know where you got all of that mumbo jumbo. But if you want to talk futher lets do it by IM or yahoo. we'r thowing this thread way off topic.

I think the word "literally" Means serusly. You should know when to apply it or not. :P

Anyway. back on topic Any more questions ???

Misspelling, the Bible of Jerusalem (accepted by both catholics and protestants) is my base. I said Marcos, and in english is Mark, the book after Mathew.

Go and read that paragraph and answer my question, dont go off topic, if you take it LITERALLY, then I repeat you are with 100% of certain a handicapted without arms and eyes, go and read that paragraph Mark 9,43-49, and tell me how many times you have applied it.

Don't call my arguments "manbo jambo" instead tell me that u don't understand, so I can explain you better.

I repear, You are wrong when you say that you take the bible literally.

What religion do you practice, what do you believe in ?

I am catholic, btw.

I am babtist

I can't talk about it any more in this thread it would be going to much off topic if you wish to talk about it more post another thread. or talk to me by IM or yahoo.

I am dissapointed you don't answer me how many times you have applied literally Mark 9:41-49, because as you said you take the whole bible literally. I think your answer would be very welcome to clarify things for the readers of this post, no need to keep a private conversation, this a forum and we should share our views, in a constructive way with the readers.

Time for me to get flames a bit ;D

I had a conversation one time that was about Catholics and the fact they are going to hell. 'Why?!' You as? We'll If you read the Bible We are supposed to Pray to ONLY God, not to Peter, Paul & Mary... Not the Band (pun inteended) but the Saints and Virgin Mary. Its in the Bible to only Pray to God so why worship a religion that prays to others before God? Then there was someting about how the Catholics dont read from the Bible, but instead the Father Priest (whatever his name) reads form a Big Red book that has excerpts from the Bible. I dont know if this is true or not but if it is, Do any Catholics read the Bible? And lastly the guy mentionted how you have to go to confession to ask forgiveness rather than just ask God hisself in pray. I remeber back to younger days I was in Vacation Bible School and a teacher told me that if I sinned and didnt get to church to ask forgiveness and I died I would go to hell. Isnt that like having to go to confession? Theres no need to run to church just pray to God. So is the Catholic religion wrong by making ppl do the confession thingy and telling them to Pray to Mary and other Saints and by not even reading the Bible?

So what are your thoughts?

Time for me to get flames a bit ;D

I had a conversation one time that was about Catholics and the fact they are going to hell. 'Why?!' You as? We'll If you read the Bible We are supposed to Pray to ONLY God, not to Peter, Paul & Mary... Not the Band (pun inteended) but the Saints and Virgin Mary. Its in the Bible to only Pray to God so why worship a religion that prays to others before God? Then there was someting about how the Catholics dont read from the Bible, but instead the Father Priest (whatever his name) reads form a Big Red book that has excerpts from the Bible. I dont know if this is true or not but if it is, Do any Catholics read the Bible? And lastly the guy mentionted how you have to go to confession to ask forgiveness rather than just ask God hisself in pray. I remeber back to younger days I was in Vacation Bible School and a teacher told me that if I sinned and didnt get to church to ask forgiveness and I died I would go to hell. Isnt that like having to go to confession? Theres no need to run to church just pray to God. So is the Catholic religion wrong by making ppl do the confession thingy and telling them to Pray to Mary and other Saints and by not even reading the Bible?

So what are your thoughts?

Well Djcid you just asked about one (if not the most) important matters with no agreements between the Catholic Church and the Protestants, the relation with the saints and the Virgin Mary. Well there are many arguments, what I can tell you is that we (catholics) recognize ONLY one GOD in the form of the Trinity (Father, Sun and the Holy Gosth) and we adore just one GOD, however we give our devocion, which is COMPLETLY different, to the saints, they serves us as an example of living way.

However, any protestant will completly disagree with this catholic position, and I tell you this situation existed ever since Martin Lutero.