"Romainia Embraces Bush"

Yes, believe me, I know... mwah.gif

Fools. Spineless idiots. And that two-faced bastard Iliescu, who was a sworn communist before 1989, and now kisses Bush's ass! flame.gif

His visit was broadcasted live by some 4 tv channels. Just like Clinton's visit 5 years ago.

When Bush said: "We are proud to welcome Romania into NATO, the great alliance of freedom." what he meant was:

"We are proud to assimilate Romania into NATO, the symbol of American Global Domination. You will now bow to us."

and you konw whats even more scarry, when recently called for support agains Iraq, you konw who was the first 3 of his dogs to plegde soilders to his aid, Canada (shame on you), UK and Denmark, I mean our prime minister is the biggest brown nose in the history of mankind. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Take up arms? Oh, no, my friend, taking up arms has very slim chances of success.

If you do something, do it right. I would never take up arms against my government. I would infiltrate it, manipulate the power-hungry short-sighted fools within, and subvert it to serve the people.

Brute force rarely solves anything. Infiltration and manipulation is so much more effective...

You know Edric, I also watched that live. I want to know when Romania is going to let us park some bombers in Bucharest for a coming invasion of Iraq.

Oh yes, and since you probably won't read this until the daytime (or later in it since it is already technically day in Romania) buna ziua!

(Translation for buna ziua=good day)

Oh one last thing. Edric should you kill your president, I better not have the FBI questioning me about my involvement in the death of a foreign leader. ;)

Take up arms? Oh, no, my friend, taking up arms has very slim chances of success.

If you do something, do it right. I would never take up arms against my government. I would infiltrate it, manipulate the power-hungry short-sighted fools within, and subvert it to serve the people.

Brute force rarely solves anything. Infiltration and manipulation is so much more effective...

That's almost exactly what I'd do. Except to serve me, not the people.

Why? There is no value in the self. Without a purpose, I am nothing. The greatest of purposes is to serve Mankind, and through it to serve God. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

Very noble. But unfortunately I have found from experience that believing in anything other than myself gets me nowhere. Especially religion. And why should I live a life for others when so many of them do so little for each other? Or me? I'm not being nasty about your life philosophy, Edric (and If I am I appologise, I didn't mean to be). I just can't grasp it.

Define "getting somewhere".

Believing and living only for yourself makes you nothing more than another animal trying to survive, a grain of sand about which no one cares, and which will be washed away by the river of time and forever thrown into oblivion. Such a life is meaningless and hollow.

"Getting somewhere" is the process of achieving a result I am pleased with. Grain of sand or not, either way this is the only method of living that seems to result in some kind of positive result for me. If you go down far enough, everyone has animal characteristics. And Altruism does not come readily to animals.

Edit: Whoo, we are WAY off-topic...

So helping others is not a result you are pleased with?

What exactly IS a result you are pleased with? Asserting your dominance over other, less fortunate individuals?

And yes, you are right, altruism does not come readily to those of us that still act like unintelligent animals.

Now now, I'm trying not to insult you.

A result I am pleased with would not be to be dominant over everyone else (although I'm not saying I wouldn't like to try it), but a result that would leave me happy, and people I like happy. If people I don't know are happy then that's a bonus I'd be happy with too. And for me to be happy, people I don't like have to be unhappy. This is not to say I'd be deliberately nasty to them, but if they were nasty to me, I'd like to be able to make them pay for it.

And as for the less fortunate. Life isn't fair. It very rarely is. I learned that a long time ago and it's even more rarely unfair in my favour. I'd help them, yes. But not by altruism.

If I was in charge I'd try to keep everyone happy (and the people I don't like happy, but a long way away). And try to be fair, although perhaps a bit generous to people I like. If other people didn't like that. Tough. It isn't perfect but it's not bad.

Ok, sorry if I got a little insulting in my last post... :-

Life isn't fair, yes. That is what I wish to fight against. The unfairness of life. And if I manage to make people's lives just a little bit more fair than they are now, my existence will not have been in vain.

I see that in the end, you want to be happy. Most people do. But what makes you happy?

For me, there is no greater feeling than compassion and love. Having those feelings towards someone, or everyone, the whole of Mankind, is what makes me happy.

Edit: This post was in reply to Dust Scout

Bush is a good person, I just dont know why Edric hates him so much. what has he done that is so horrible?

With great power comes great responsibility. He is the most powerful man in the world and yet does nothing to ease the suffering of millions. THAT is what I hold against him.