"Romainia Embraces Bush"

yet does nothing to ease the suffering of millions.

he cannot do anything like that. he has no authority. the US already contributes FREELY billions of dollars a year (not loans, but free money) to help third world countries. Bush cannot just order the nation to pay another 10 billion. He is unable to do that Edric. You are really clueless about our government- Bush has no authority to spend tax payer dollars at a whim. you are morally out of line to hold him personally responsible for the ills of the planet.

im going to just cite one example here: north korea.

North korea is ruled by the dictator Kim Jong II. his people are in poverty. starving and destitute.

here is the US Government data from 1997 (a bit outdated, but it still rams the point home:)

The humanitarian crisis continued in North Korea throughout 1996 and was aggravated by additional floods in late July that ravaged the same areas that were struck by the 1995 floods. At least 200 people were reportedly killed and 30,000 left homeless as a result of these floods. The June 1996 U.N. appeal for $43.6 million, targeted communities in the most-affected provinces of Chagang, North and South Hwanghae, North and South Pyongan and Kangwon. On February 19, 1997, the United States Government, in response to an appeal from the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), announced a contribution of $10 million in emergency humanitarian food aid to North Korea. Total USG humanitarian assistance to North Korea to date is valued at $18,526,500.

so what happens? All that tax payer money and supplies being dumped in North Korea. WHERE O WHERE DOES IT GO? YOU THINK IT GOES TO THE STARVING EDRIC?

IT GOES TO FEED THE MILITARY ##$$#@#@#!!! [/yellow] ok so maybe I'm a big hot here. Well ya, I am. My brother served for 3 years in Seoul, Korea and was an officer to the Ambassador ok South Korea- he went to the DMZ routinely to help fascillitate dimplomatic meetings with North Korea. The military of North Korea is well fed. Built, strong, healthy- physcially capable of killing a LOT of south koreans. Meanwhile the children of North korea are still starving in poverty. AND THERE IS EDRIC BLAMING THE GOOD OLE US for all its "cruelty".

We give money to these countries - by the hundreds of millions- and yet we have no real control over the distribution. Who wants a bunch of US military infiltrating everyones nations to distribute food? Imagine a bunch of US ground forces dispersing throughout Nigeria to ensure that supplies reach the poor. You know what guys like you and Nema would say Edric? You would start whining and grumbling about US TAKING OVER THE WORLD. All you UN panzies- yes I'm mad at you guys cuz you make me sick at times- all you panzies of the UN slamming the US when we donate all this money and food yet children still starve because the wicked leaders of the third world governments keep it all for themselves. So you panzies blame America for not doing anything. Yet if we go in there with ground forces to control distribution, you same panzies whine and complain about America "invading". ITS A NO WIN SITUATION

THERE IS NOTHING...NOTHING....NOTHING WE COULD EVER DO that would cause you whining baby griping panzies to quit your incessent babbling about the "evil US". That horrible, awful, satan-infested USA. Fine, just NUKE us then. OK? Maybe your #$#$# planet will be better off. Just nuke the hell out of us then Edric. Be done with it.

whew, i feel better now. sometimes, you just gotta let it all fly! :)

i understand your point, Earthnuker, but its not just North Korea.

take nigeria, for example. Did you know that according to the FBI, the 4-1-9 Scam of Nigeria is the SECOND LARGEST *INDUSTRY*? Even the Banks and the government is in on it. Its the biggest scam in the history of the world. The entire government is one big corrupt heap. But guess what? Their people are suffering. SO we donate money and food anyway. LOL! HA! Fat chance that barely 1 kernal of wheat makes its way to the people that need it. All the corrupt gangs, clans and warlords take those supplies and control it to further fund their scamming, weapons, drugs etc. And so the people continue to starve. And here is the high and mighty Edric sitting in judgment on the evil US as the perpetrators of it all. makes me really upset. I understand that we are not by any means a righteouss nation, but Edric is just too darn harsh on us. I really dont appreciate his constant, unyiedling bashing of people that he really does not know. This is bad to do. To anyone.

we dontate more money and food to third world nations by far than anyone else in the world. But it barely ever reaches the starving. It goes to the warlords, clans, and corrupt governments. So what shall we do? Send in ground forces to control it? Well then we'd be hearing from Edric about the Evil Conquering US Empire.

I'm just so sick of the double standard that Edric and UN panzies keep propogating.

They leave us no way out. We lose no matter WHAT we do. So what do we do? The only thing we can. continue to donate hundreds of millions of dollars and food per year and just hope it reaches the people who need it (which it doesnt)

we dontate more money and food to third world nations by far than anyone else in the world. But it barely ever reaches the starving. It goes to the warlords, clans, and corrupt governments. So what shall we do? Send in ground forces to control it? Well then we'd be hearing from Edric about the Evil Conquering US Empire.

You know, Emprworm... You are right. Some of my expectations on your government were logically impossible to achieve. I'm sorry. :(

But there are some things your government could do that are certain to help the suffering. Canceling the huge 3rd world debt, for example.

You know, we have an ecomony to worry about. We can't just make a few billion dollars from the machines and send it off to the countries. That would cause inflation problems, problems that the Federal Reserve has to deal with everyday. If there was an easy, simple method of doing such things it would have already been done.

Yes, I have a suggestion quit sending those supplies if they are not getting to the right people. I do not think anyone forces the United States of America to send anything to these countries. If you were sending money to the wrong bank account you would correct it would you not? I think the humanitarian effort is a joke anyway for the same reasons you just explained it's not like the United States does not know these things (warlords intercepting the supplies) or maybe they don't.

. Canceling the huge 3rd world debt, for example

we cant do this Edric. the majority of third world debt is internal. loans from the IMF are controlled by Europe. That is an european controlled institution. The US funds the majority of the World Bank.

the 2 major sources of loans for third world countries is World Bank and the IMF. Countries that do not pay their loans (i dont know how many years each loan has)- the loan goes into default, so basically its free money anyway. Once the loan goes into default, there is no longer an expectation to pay it back. In the US those laws are called "bankruptcy laws" and you can declare bankruptcy only once every 7 years. When you do, ALL LOANS are cancelled. SO, since third world countries default on their loans, they are cancelled anyway. But this does not bring them out of debt. THEIR INTERNALLY CORRUPT WARLORD RULED GOVERNMENTS ARE PUTTING THEM INTO DEBT- NOT THE WORLD BANK AND THE IMF

thus providing virtual slave labor for certain global corporations...

i know of no global corporations in nigeria. none in chad, none in madagasscar. I dont know of any giant conglomerates based in Tanzania. I have not heard of any megolithic global offices in lybia.

do you?

I see now that I have used Bush as a focal point for my accusations against capitalism. I was misguided to do so. Bush is nothing more than just another (albeit large) cog in the system... Yes, it's not his fault. He is most likely just a corporate puppet anyway. It is the system's fault. The World Bank, the IMF, and all their corporate overlords who pull the strings in this world.

Bush is not the enemy. Capitalism is.

Hey Edric you try governing the United States for a while. See how horrible the place would be then.

If only I could... a lot of things could be set right in this world. But, of course, I'd end up like Kennedy.

i know of no global corporations in nigeria. none in chad, none in madagasscar. I dont know of any giant conglomerates based in Tanzania. I have not heard of any megolithic global offices in lybia.

That's why they're called "global", Emprworm... they have spread their influence to most of the world, while their "core" is kept safe in a stable rich country of the West.

Now I would not let the childern starve shame on you two (Edric and Acriku-) you both know why I made that statement worded that way. ::) I would let the children starve bah!! I would take the food to the children myself and have dinner with them. There has to be a better way to get those supplies to the people who need them. Guarding them with US troops is not the way first the warlords have to be removed and not by the US but by the people who live there (or atleast that is a start). I do not believe that the US should be the world's police that is an idea that is flawed.

Bush is a good person, I just dont know why Edric hates him so much. what has he done that is so horrible?

ROFLMAO! :O :O

Are you on drugs?!?! :O :O

Bush is a Republican. Strike 1. He paid his way into the Texas Air Guard when he was drafted. Strike 2. He is a drug addict. Strike 3. And he has absolutely no idea how to run a country! He is so d*mn busy with his asinine "war on terror" that people here are being arrested for things less than the comments I just made! Oops... :-X

That's why they're called "global", Emprworm... they have spread their influence to most of the world, while their "core" is kept safe in a stable rich country of the West.

huh? what is this supposed to mean? Just who exactly has set up slave labor camps in Abou Choukouri, Chad? Is it Microsoft? Perhaps big Billy has built a secret underground software wearhouse near Zakouma National Park where Bill's thugs routinely kidnap bushmen and enslave their children to package windows software! lol. cmon edric, this is getting out of hand. I really want to know WHO is doing all this clandestine stuff you speak of. what global companies are enslaving people? What you really mean to say is that local corrupt third world governments are impoverishing their own people through their corruption.

You most likely know "slave labor" by its common euphemism - cheap labor. Meaning that the people in those poor countries will work for a small fraction of the salary of, say, an American. Thus it is profitable for companies to hire them, and to make sure they stay poor so that they keep working for the same ridiculously small wage.

DukeLeeeto may I refer you to the rules of this forum:

Avoid repeated use of the same character or smilies. ie "!!!!!!!!!!" and :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

now, to intelligently address your rampant emotional jibberish:

Bush is a Republican. Strike 1.

that is not a strike at all. It was the republican party that fought and ended slavery, beginning with the first republican president Abraham Lincoln. The democratic party believes that the people determine right and wrong. This is flawed fundamentally. A republic says that "rights are inherent. NOT subject to democracy. the government cannot grant rights, only protect them." The democratic party was founded upon the idea of mob rule in that the people can decide what is "right" and "wrong" (i.e. they could decide one day that slavery is right). Thus, the strike 1 is on you.

He paid his way into the Texas Air Guard when he was drafted. Strike 2.
this is such bogus it is beyond rediculous. so what San Francisco Glory-Hole website fed you this nonsense? for one he got OUT of the air guard to go to harvard, not IN. It is quite common for people in the Guard/reserves to get out to go to college. This happens routinely even in active duty. AND he served his time.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/05/24/bushguard.cnn/

He is a drug addict. Strike 3.

he stopped using drugs years ago. Bush does not use drugs, and if you are going to accuse him of such, back it up with evidence or shut your hole. He used drugs in the past, yes as he has admitted, this was true of him in his younger years. As was said earlier, people who repent of their past mistakes and are honest about them should be forgiven. you obviously do not do that. i hope for your sake that the day never comes when you rely on someone to forgive you for mistakes you have made.

And he has absolutely no idea how to run a country!

a president does not "run" a country. you obviously either are A) uneducated , B) not living in america, C) some kid spewing rhetoric you hear from your parents about how great Hillary and Gore are as they praise the wonderful Hillary! lol

learn how the american government works and then we can talk.