is there *anything* good on the horizon for Emp veterans?

Navaros

Emperor is long-dead and soon WOL will no longer exist.

WarCraft 3 blows chunks.

So I ask, is there anything good on the horizon that Emperor veterans would enjoy, to play online competitively against other people, in Ladders etc?

I don't wanna hear anything about EA schlock or anything that uses GameSpy(Ware!) either.

I fear the only good place left to play online games is Battlenet, but Blizzard RTS games all suck major butt :(

Should I abandon all hope now? Is the glory days of free, meaningful internet RTS play gone forever?

Unfortunately, I too have been a witness to Nav's filth-spewing gutter mouth in the game lobby. I didn't take any screenshots, but my word is good. His standard operating procedure is to talk much about sucking this or f---ing that, and I think it's high time someone did something about it. Hats off to Gob.

Well, this is completely unrelated to his potty mouth but.....

Here are some good RTS games that come to mind. One I wouldn't mind trying is Stronghold: Crusader. It doesn't have Generals type graphics but the gameplay sounds very good. It has to deal with building/sieging castles.

Also, Age of Mythology is nearing release. That game looks like a much enhanced Age of Empires, which can't be that bad, since it was one of the best selling RTS games ever.

Hmm.......I'll post some more if anything comes to mind.

I know that bad maners and bad language are not permited in WOL, so therefore those should be banned, Nav should be banned,

wanna see a pic ?

just take a look, those you that know me know that i dont say bad words, but look at the answers i got from cyrenius.

Man u are sick....... sometimes i feel like releasing info about you that I know, everybody would have a good laugh if I do it.

What's more, you know, I will make a new nick (which is perfectlly legal) and if I see you online and u play with me, i wont atack you early, but I will toy with you as much as I want, so next game u play might be me.... and of course at the end of the game i will ROFLMAO and let you know. ;D

zamboo nice picture i can see my *ones* a friend there its dustbug20...

Let's go kill nav. ;D Or at least kick him for some reason or other. ;D :) 8)

Nah, as long as he gets banned from this board (and preferable from WOL) it's ok, and he can show his frustrations somewhere else.....

Violence is never the solution :'(