i just upgraded to XP...

Well i upgraded and i reinstalled emperor. Im having a few more rpblems now

1) the startup westwood credits and ea credits wont show up.

2) it take like 30 sec to bring me back after i finish a game and then i lose connection.

whats wrong?

I was running Windows ME and it wouldn't let me start up in msdos mode, so i couldnt format it. I just upgraded... but i guess i will just do a fresh install and format my drive.

well, go into run and type "cmd" without quotation marks and it goes into command prompt....or i could be wrong (again)

I was running Windows ME and it wouldn't let me start up in msdos mode, so i couldnt format it. I just upgraded... but i guess i will just do a fresh install and format my drive.

well, go into run and type "cmd" without quotation marks and it goes into command prompt....or i could be wrong (again)

I know that, But i have to STARTUP IN MSDOS mode. It didnt give me the option to format when i upgraded or atleast i never saw it. But i tried everything i could to get ME to startup in msdos mode and couldn't. I can do that in Xp so i am just gonna redo it with the Xp OS.

Ok i booted up with the XP disk and formatted my c: drive and completely reinstalled Windows Xp and everythinge else.

Everything is all good excpet emperor gives me problems all the time. Im having video problems where the screen stays blank. But the biggest problem is that my computer freezes after a game of emp and then will come back but i will have no internet connection and it will freeze about every 10 seconds.

Oh man i have to update every single driver? Whats the fastest way to do that other than searching on the web for each individual driver?

Go to CNet ... program called "Catchup" ... works great in locating updates for programs, etc.

I updated everything from Windows update but i still freeze up after every *online* game. I went to Cnet and i couldnt find that catchup program and i couldnt find drivers for my video card. this is the first time I've had to do any of this so maybe im just not doing it right. So could someone please explain to me what to do to update my drivers that need to be updated.

Your video card is only 4MB? Is Windows using the wrong card?

Well the one its using is only 4 MB yes.I dont know if its using teh wrong card, now that i think of it i remember having 8 MB video memory but maybe im wrong. Everything is 'stock' on my computer except RAM upgrade. I dont knwo a lot about internal computer parts. the thing is that Emp used to run fine except that i lost internet connection after everygame, but now i freeze too.

If the intel graphics card (build in) is the only graphics card you have in there, then this is the site you need. All Intel support can be found there, including new drivers. To me, your problem seems to be one that can be solved with the correct drivers.

well, from the looks of it, you have a Dell like my friends except for he has 128 ram instead of 190.

The Directx output states:

System Manufacturer: Compaq

System Model : Presario

:)