i just upgraded to XP...

No it never froze... but i would lose internet connection and have to restart. Well now it freezes on top of that so i gotta restart anyways...

"It says you are running NT 5.1 which is what XP is."

0ops, my bad.

the main thing i want to knwo is why does it say i have 32 MB memory now instead of 4? wtf happened there?

Nothing at tech support.

Maybe it would help if i was more detailed about the problem.

I have no real problems with anything else besides emperor.I start up emperor just fine, and everything goes fine in the lobby and in the game.When the game is over and i win or lose the screen goes blank(like its taking me to the final game stats) but it just stays black, and the processor works a little i can hear it, but t still stays black. Then after about 15 seconds i see the stats and it freezes most of the time at this point.If it doesnt it takes me to the lobby where there are no games hosted and i cant click on any of the buttons. So i Alt+tab out and i have no internet connection. It starts freezing again about every 5-10 seconds but only a few times. So i restart my computer so i can get internet connection back.

No it never froze... but i would lose internet connection and have to restart. Well now it freezes on top of that so i gotta restart anyways...

"It says you are running NT 5.1 which is what XP is."

0ops, my bad.

the main thing i want to knwo is why does it say i have 32 MB memory now instead of 4? wtf happened there?

My guess would be that when you updated the drivers for your video processor the newer driver decided to allocate more system memory for video processing. You have one of those video processors that use system memory for video memory. So if your system has 192MB of memory and the video card says it has 32MB of video memory, then you only have 160MB of system memory left. I went to the link Nyar provided and did a little reading on your intel video processor and apparently it can make "efficient use of system memory for graphics". I think this means the video processor can dynamically allocate system memory as needed up to a certain threshold. The Intel site is very vague about the features. They also have a link for supported games :

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/gaming/82810.htm

I did not see Emperor listed, but I am impressed that they go through the effort of testing any games at all and let you know the results.

the task manager in XP is way different then the one in ME(My compaq is the only decent computer I've had and so ME is the only OS i really know).I dont recognise most of what i see running... for example i see system and igfxtray.exe but no systray.

the task manager in XP is way different then the one in ME(My compaq is the only decent computer I've had and so ME is the only OS i really know).I dont recognise most of what i see running... for example i see system and igfxtray.exe but no systray.

Any programs running in your taskbar (sorry, I should've been more clear)..

Nyar i upgraded and still the same problem. I will get anything u need to figure this out... Tell me everything i need to get and ill just put everything you need to know out in one post. Hopefully if u have everything u need right out in front of you it will be easier.

ummmm btw....

I forgot to mention, when i installed updates i couldnt install SP1. It said 'The Serial Key used to install Windows is Invalid...' ;) does that have anything to do with it?

I kinda got the copy from my friend...