Sentient Life in the Duniverse

dczx

Hi,

I've read all of the original series except for Chapterhouse which I am reading now and I was wondering... was there any other intelligent sentient life in the Dune stories besides humans? The Tleilaxu were just genetically modified humans right?

Just to add to what Mahdi said: There were no sentient "alien" races (the sandworms, I believe were the only non-earth "natural" beings). The closest thing would be genetically modified/changed things, such as the Guildsmen or the Futars (which you got a glimpse of in Heretics of Dune).

Also, not to be picky/mean, but in the future, could you please make your subject line a bit more descriptive? I've noticed this a few times lately, and I thought I might as well say something while I'm posting. Thanks.

thanks, fixed the subject... I guess Frank Herbert wanted to tell more "human" stories. One wouldn't think that Bene Tleilax and such fit into that, but with genetic engineering becoming more of a reality, maybe it is.

of course they where different.

Still, it doesn't mean that worms after Leto II where intelligent. In that matter, they where exactly the same as before him, they just have a part of leto II, peoticly talking, because they all come from Leto II's dead...

well, only my little opinion though ;D

true true altea. This is just my opinion though and tell me if you agree. Remember the inhabiting of the thoughts of the baron in alia or the voice of paul in leto the tyrant? I think that the worms had an essense of leto the second. one essense. still though you could be right about it just being fluff altea. dont know. dont think it is supposed to be known. its fiction.lol

true true altea. This is just my opinion though and tell me if you agree. Remember the inhabiting of the thoughts of the baron in alia or the voice of paul in leto the tyrant? I think that the worms had an essense of leto the second. one essense. still though you could be right about it just being fluff altea. dont know. dont think it is supposed to be known. its fiction.lol

the worm being a kind of abobination? could be true. Still, if a worm had that kind of memory, that would make then REAL god, as they would be so evolved with all those memories in them... If they can "know" what those memory mean of course ;)