Atreidies has a weak ..........

Devastator_Mech

Although its weak attack couldn't do much damage without time and has relatively weak armor(if compared to Gunships), but infact, its the toughest aerial unit after Gunship and EITS. If you know how to use it right, these baby does good job in hit & run attacks.

They're the fastest unit in the game, once they reach 2 chervon, besides laser AA fire (Sardaukar Elites) its virtually invulnerable when its flying at full speed.

You think a Gunship could kill an Air-Drone first or an Air-Drone could kill a Gunship first? If you think an Air-Drone could first, think again.

thinking... airdrones own gunships because

a. they fly much faster then the gunship's missile.

b. they have an longer range.

c. the gunship is slow and is unable to duck the airdrone's missile.

d. the gunship's missile is slow and is unable to hit an airdrone if its used right. (flying away in an different direction)

this'll clear things up :)

Ok, this is about Ornithopters

Some players should try them out. In large numbers

Timenh: admit it, its an waste of money, sure they can do some damage in large groups but large group = large gap in your econemy = large enemy force in your base pounding your buildings while under fire by an few orny's which are useless without their landing pads.

I'm sure 1 Gunship will own 2 Air-Drone, not sure about 3.

man no way i say if u can play well 1 drone will kill 1 gunship anyday anytime,obviestly u dont go head on with the gun ship but rather make it follow u around while ur drone is shooting,and if he dont follow u go back and get him and keep reatingnow if u wanna test it i'm on almost everyday give me a shout,btw i also go as skumclam

I'm sure 1 Gunship will own 2 Air-Drone, not sure about 3.

And TLContaminator, if you don't know anything, asking would be an better option than to give solutions.

Give me 5 drones, and I will own your entire gunship fleet.

Gunships fire unguided missiles, wich can be outrunned by drones.

Simply fly along with the gunships, (dont get caught in the fleet!) and they will die like...flies. 8)

Do you ever build a radar??? Absolutely useless most times. You should always scan the map every once in a while and look out for enemy attacks.

As warlord said, gunships make a sound that will help you find the gunships while scanning the map. Moreover, since they are so slow, you 'll have much more time to react.

The point is, that despite the fact gunship shoot two missiles at once, in the end they do as much damage as the ornis.

I 'll describe a situation where the ornis could be useful:

The enemy has only set up perimeter AA defenses (gun turrets or rocket turrets, for instance). However, since you want to hit some important building, which is likely to be in the heart of his base, ornis should be able to do the job. Thanks to their great speed, they will be able to fly past the turrets and they will only be vulnerable for a few secs. If gunships were to do the same, they would remain much longer over the turrets.

The reason gunships are more useful is that ppl usually have moveable AA defense (troopers and the like), which means your enemy will be able to move them and attack your air units while they hover to launch their missiles. Since gunships carry more armor, they will endure more damage and are therefore better suited for this kind of situation than ornis.

Do you ever build a radar??? Absolutely useless most times. You should always scan the map every once in a while and look out for enemy attacks.

As warlord said, gunships make a sound that will help you find the gunships while scanning the map. Moreover, since they are so slow, you 'll have much more time to react.

always. i usually stupidly dont pay attentoin to the gunship sound.

you see, theoretically orni's can do more damage in a certain period of time over long distances while gunships can do more damage in short distances since while gunships unload twice as fast, orni's fly exactly twice as fast meaning that if the maps are a lot bigger than they are now the orni would eventually have the advantage of dealing the most damage in the shortest time

you see, theoretically orni's can do more damage in a certain period of time over long distances while gunships can do more damage in short distances since while gunships unload twice as fast, orni's fly exactly twice as fast meaning that if the maps are a lot bigger than they are now the orni would eventually have the advantage of dealing the most damage in the shortest time

all i know is that it works on paper.... :-