Prefer Laser or Assault or Mongoose?

Devastator_Mech

well i don't fear dust scouts.. they do good damage but they are so weak that they have a serious problem vs. troopers or something... you can build 7 light infantry for the price of one dust scout..

chemicals would be another problem.. but you might try flamethrowers for that

Unfortunately, the mongoose isn't that useful. Especially once you get Sard Elites. Its main strength is early spice field protection against drones. But late-game, Sard Elites are the much better deal. They do the air/ground thing, they run very fast, and they slash throats and veteran up well against regular infantry, whereas the mongoose dies easily to regulary infantry. And, one Sard Elite for one laser tank is a good deal, but one mongoose for one laser tank is not. The only thing I really like about the mongoose is having a couple around my refineries. They work as good turrets, especially when someone gets the better of you in air drones and tries to hover over your refineries.

I prefer lasertanks to mongeese and assaults. One lasertank can easily take out an isolated mino and take no damage. If it hits and runs just right, it can also take out the mongoose. It is very fast and it self-heals. It's the better unit of the three.

Well, a Sard Elite can take a full Mino barrage and live. A mongoose can't do that.

Mongeese are cheaper than rocket turrets, they require no windtrap to power them, and they still do a decent job acting as a turret, especially since they can move as the game progresses, according to where you want to place them. Also, unlike turrets, mongeese can veteran up.

But that's not the point of this topic. I still think the lasertank is the better unit, at least late-game when Sard Elites and Air Drones are more prevalent.

Well, a Sard Elite can take a full Mino barrage and live. A mongoose can't do that.

Mongeese are cheaper than rocket turrets, they require no windtrap to power them, and they still do a decent job acting as a turret, especially since they can move as the game progresses, according to where you want to place them. Also, unlike turrets, mongeese can veteran up.

But that's not the point of this topic. I still think the lasertank is the better unit, at least late-game when Sard Elites and Air Drones are more prevalent.

ok, it's not the point of the topic, i would like to add though that mongoose however are bigger... so sard elite's take more damage cuz they're closer to each other, unless you scatter them