Final Info about the emperor Tournament.

d3m0nger

Some tips for the next tournament or even this tournament.

Don't use teams make it one on one, its harder to get four people to play then it is to find two.

Allow the players come up with a time to play each other, if they can't agree on a time then the tournament manager should set one.

If people drop out then that match should be a bye for the player they would have played.

yeah thats not the prolem for me and marcel to play 2vs2 we live both in europe ..

the problem was that we had to play all on the same time why ??? we can make our own times and post the results in the board or something else... ????

well guys.. The tournament is out of my hands now. I can't do this any more,

Now i know why abomin8er failed , NO1 can be there at the same time... I suggest some1 will take over from here, And do what ever he likes, cause im out i've had enough. Sorry it din't work out..

Good day

heres how you do it.

each tourney will last a month.

4 weeks of play.

round 1 first week.

round 2 second week.

round 3 third week.

fourth week is for make up games and the semi and finals.

do it that way so the ppl playing have a whole week to scheldual/play the game.

just an idea... oh and keep with the use of WW time thingy it seems to be easist.

I doubt Gob has the time but he had some great ideas too and it seems he would be the best choice... ;D

I'm telling u cid westwood time won't work, i tried 5 Pm westwood time, that's 2 AM here (europe) and 3 AM in england...

Good day

but if you tell everone to scheldual there own games (another reason why 1v1 would be easier) then if i say ok met me there at 10:00 WW time, then when its 2 am here and 6 pm there we both sign on to WW and its 10:00 @ WW (2 6 and 10 were just numbers i used and arent real times) but it is easier to say meet in this time zone... doesnt matter if its WW or GMT just use one uniformed timezone... WW seemed easier b/c you could just sign on and see what time it was WW time.

It's really simple to run a tourney like the one this thread is about.

There's 16 players - best option is 1v1 - that makes 8 games to start off with.

Place names into a hat - put out name - 1st name gets #1 and so forth until #16 is drawn.

1st round

Game 1: 1 vs 16

Game 2: 2 vs 15

Game 3: 3 vs 14

Game 4: 4 vs 13

Game 5: 5 vs 12

Game 6: 6 v 11

Game 7: 7 vs 10

Game 8: 8 vs 9

Note: Games best out of 3 - recommend a 3rd neutral player to enter the game to watch and report here who won each game; (he/she uses the flag option after the game starts) They have a week to play these games (2 min) and to write each other to set-up a time between the them.

2nd round (Winners)

Game 1 vs Game 8 (Game 9)

Game 2 vs Game 7 (Game 10)

Game 3 vs Game 6 (Game 11)

Game 4 vs Game 5 (Game 12)

See Note above

3rd round (Winners)

Game 9 vs Game 12 (Game 13)

Game 10 vs Game 11 (Game 14)

See Note above

Final (Winners)

Game 13 vs Game 14

See Note above

1 Tourney a month - 1 Thread here to track the information. Piece of cake. (Nobody who doesn't want to play cannot due to time differences or something unknown to come up the single day the tourney is scheduled))

by goerge i think we've got it ;D

sounds like a winner to me..... now who wahts to be the one taht runs/host it?

Sure ... since d3m0nger resigned ... I'll take it over ... got to know IF the 1st 16 who volunteered to play still want to. If so sign out ... ;D

I liked the idea of play in teams; but maybe will be more competitive and just make a individual tournament, becouse ever will have many strong teams.(sort)

Maybe this idea will be = qm's, but why we dont sort the sets? etc etc...

thx for atention...