Loss of Honour

ordos45

If you took religion away then humans would just fight about different reasons. You look at one puzzle piece but fail to see the whole puzzle itself. If you cut off the arm of religion, the other legs and arm would still fight for something. its human nature to fight. Besides, the lord wouldnt allow that kind of thing to happen.

Earthnuker, IMAGINE in history no preachers of morale. How THEN could humans live? Who gave so called "atheists" their morale? Do you think their predicessors were atheist too? Don't look at you mother, look for at least two centuries back! Sin isn't in flesh, but atheism brought only a degeneration of morale. What caused Voltaire instead of French civil wars? We aren't perfect, not everyone can solve the problem with just some words. That one, who argue violently is a primitive, like a deer who fight for his area of food. Then, if you defend you are honorable. Religion curses aggresors, blesses defenders. But biggest bless will receive creators of consense.

Religion doesn't change human nature- people stay good because their priests say that if they don't behave they go to hell.

Sin, as you call it, is in the flesh.

Voltaire writing nonsense? I suppose you think that because everything that questions the sheer hypocracy of your christian dogma isn't to your liking.

If we're going back in time, then is it moralic to burn alleged witches, hunt down heretics and publicly humiliate pagans?

It doesnt matter what religion you are or if you have a religion, we are born into a world of sin... that is in our flesh and courses thru our blood...

there is nothing we can do to chnage that fact... we can only choose to live in sin or not...

Earthnuker you have an axe to grind. Your whole arguments are worthless. If you wont start speaking intelligently then nobody will agree with you. If people didnt have religion then they would fight over food, over race, over land, over honor, over misunderstanding, over anger, over backstabbing, over arrogance, over hatred, blah blah blah. Its all about whos correct. Not about "religion". cool down earthnuker. You sound like one of those idiot gothic kids.lol

yup. after capitalism, after communism, after democracy, after lack of freedom, after anarchy. There are so many thing people fight about. You just have a problem with christianity. You didn t read my post. Dont be so chauvinistic earthnuker. grow up.

Priests can say whatever they want. They are nothing more than normal human beings. You should listen to the Word of God, not the words of priests.

From my knowledge of history, attaching a moral code to a religion is the only way to keep that moral code from being torn apart a mere 1 or 2 generations later.

Priests can say whatever they want. They are nothing more than normal human beings. You should listen to the Word of God, not the words of priests.

From my knowledge of history, attaching a moral code to a religion is the only way to keep that moral code from being torn apart a mere 1 or 2 generations later.

Why do you blame athiesm because of what you think athiesm teaches (or doesn't) and blame the harms of religion on normal human beings?

Because you'e doing the exact same thing, only the other way around.

Let's settle it once and for all: Either religion and atheism are NOT to blame for their misuse, or they are BOTH to blame for the crimes they caused.

Either way, atheism is no better then religion. The opposite is also true.

the words I posted were not insults. If it is true then its not an insult. It actually enhances my point. Sensitivity destroyes things. Earthnuker you didnt get what I was saying. your still attacking "christianity". That isnt the only problem in the world! lol you all are doing it and its silly. Read my posts. Edric is right. Without religion the world would be just as bad and find new avenues of evil.

the words I posted were not insults. If it is true then its not an insult. It actually enhances my point. Sensitivity destroyes things. Earthnuker you didnt get what I was saying. your still attacking "christianity". That isnt the only problem in the world! lol you all are doing it and its silly. Read my posts. Edric is right. Without religion the world would be just as bad and find new avenues of evil.

You sir, are a liar. I never claimed that one religion would solve anything.