Elections!

This Saturday we'll elect a new National Council (parliament) in Slovakia for next 4 years. 150 MPs will be chosen from 25 parties. To take part of it, the party have to reach 5% support of people. About 10 parties have a chance to do so.

HZDS (Hnutie za demokraticke Slovensko - Party for Democratic Slovakia)

Led by 3-time premier, authoritative V.Meciar, HZDS takes strong core of voters, primarily elder people. Very unpopular in both USA and EU institutes and all other slovak parties. Also divorce with second man of party, I.Gasparovic, should be a loss of some voters. Expected 15-25% support.

Smer (Way)

Relatively new party created by R.Fico, young former social democrat. Strong support built on demagogy and good propaganda, Fico has voters from former supporters of ruling government. Expected 10-20%.

SDKU (Slovenska demokraticko-krestanska unia - Slovak Democratic Christian Union)

De facto ruling right-wing party, led by premier M.Dzurinda. Unsuccesful solvement of many problems and slow reforms made many losses in their voter base, but they're very pro-EU, fact is, that this government pushed Slovakia closer to EU. Biggest support is in largest cities, Bratislava and Kosice. Expected 8-15%.

SMK (Strana madarskej koalicie - Hungarian Coalition Party)

National party of hungarian ethnic, led by B.Bugar, is very unlike other nationalists. Pro-european ally of SDKU and KDH, SMK is only really stabile party. Much supporters vote for their nationality. Expected about 10%.

KDH (Krestansko-demokraticke hnutie - Christian Democratic Party)

One of the first parties found after 1989 revolt. After long leadership was J.Carnogursky replaced by P.Hrusovsky, but the program is still same. After fall of coalition with other right-wing parties some tried to restore it and created SDKU, so KDH lost much good members, but support is still big. Anyway, both parties are close friendly. Expected 7-10%.

ANO (Aliancia noveho obcana - Alliance of the New Citizen)

Other newbie, created by medial capo P.Rusko. With big support of his TV Markiza and interesting right-wing reform plan he lured many supporters, especially in Bratislava. Expected 5-10%.

HZD (Hnutie za demokraciu - Party for Democracy)

Found by I.Gasparovic, former right-hand man of V.Meciar, who protested with this against that he wasn't on candidate list of HZDS. Their program is very unclear, but they seem to be more left-wing. Expected 5-7%.

KSS (Komunisticka strana Slovenska - Slovak Communist Party)

What are communist you should all know. Last generation led by old man J.Sevc is balancing on election limits, altough they weren't in parliament since 1994. Still strong in many central Slovakia villages. Expected about 5%.

SNS (Slovenska narodna strana - Slovak National Party)

Strict nationalists led by A.Malikova lost much after divorce with former leader J.Slota. SNS is only party led by woman with chance of joining the parliament. They are close only to HZDS, their voter core is on northern parts of Slovakia, primary villagers. Expected 2-5%.

PSNS (Prava Slovenska narodna strana - Real Slovak National Party)

Created by J.Slota, controversial nationalist who left SNS when he lost his position as leader. Their verbal fights are very known and media are full of them. Their program is nearly same, negative against NATO and EU. Much voters in third largest city of Slovakia, northern Zilina and also other towns. Expected 2-5%.

The question is: who will win and who will compose the government (what is real winning)?

Results:

HZDS 19.5%

SDKU 15.1%

Smer 13.9%

SMK 11.2%

KDH 8.7%

ANO 8.2%

KSS 6.3%

No more reached 5%. Altough those commies, this parliament is able to compose a full-right government composed of SDKU-KDH-SMK-ANO coalition with 78 voices against 72 of opposition. Next four years will be shiny for Slovakia... :D

78 isn't much. When former parliament novelizated our constitution, it was accepted by 90 voices, what is limit (3/5). But I can say that now are these parties stable, also Smer would support coalition with other 25 voices. 103 is enough from 150. Maybe Smer's leader is hard-left, all others in his party are merchants closer to middle-right. Nice party.

Final word about coalition will come on Friday.

Well...

Power to those capable of using it!

78-72 isn't too convincing a majority. Which is probably rather good.

Power in this date is to manipulate information the way you see fit. And I don't know if any one is capable of using that for the "commen good".

But I'll shut up now to. ;)

The EU is the best thing that has ever happened to Europe. At long last, the bloody history of conflict on our continent has come to an end!

The continent that sparked both World Wars has banished war forever. At last, we will be UNITED! It is just... beautiful. Poetic even.

Edric, it says Panathenaikos, which means literally All-Athenian. As I recall, it is the name of the football team there.

The EU is probably good for the world. Note also that the EU is bad for the UK - we pay a lot to the EU, and it goes into things like building spanish roads, etc, because they're 'poor'. Consequently, our transport system is the worst in the EU... that's what happens when brussels gets overenthusiastic behind the scenes.

You Dunenewt, be happy your country isn't isolated. To be in EU it's a best thing for such small country like Slovakia. Rich countries like UK or Germany pay most, but also they have strongest word in EU politics. Era of unity has began. National individuality means return to wars. Hail to Robert Schuman!

How much of Cyprus?

"Rich countries like UK or Germany pay most, but also they have strongest word in EU politics"

It should be more of a trade system than a tax system, especially since we already have high taxes for things like our NHS.

(And yes, for if it were old greek, it would be athenaikos, not athinaikos. But I forget to switch to the new pronounciation...)

Hmm, Edric is whining again, sounding like Nav, but atleast Nav is amusing. Edric, if you have any beef with another organization (which is impossible for you not to have), speak now or forever mind your tongue. Waaaah I no likeee the NATO I tink they are terrorists who tell people what to do...Edric I'm sick and tired of your endless mind-numbing pestering with bad guys this bad guys that these guys are bullies those guys are mean. Atleast post something constructive instead of whining about who you think the bully of the day is. Boohoo. You may hate the world, but use that hate to discuss things, not whine.