Elections!

Acriku, get your eyes checked and look up the definition of "whining" in the dictionary. Then you may STFU. You know very well my opinion of world politics, from the Go Bush topic. I will continue to uphold my views for the good of humanity. END OF STORY.

There is an inherent problem with Turkey... it's NOT in Europe! (well, at least mostly not in Europe) So how could it possibly join the European Union? ???

Edric, I actually took your advice and behold!

2 : to complain with or as if with a whine

So by definition you are whining because you always are complaining about this, complaining about that. But onto the topic...

Turkey is a member of United Nations, NATO, the Council of Europe, the OECD and an associate member of the Western European Union. So...the point that since most of Turkey isn't in Europe it is a problem to join Europe organizations is useless as it is apparent that Turkey (stated above) is already a member of a lot of European organizations.

The issues I'm "whining" about are the ones that dictate the future of mankind.

But maybe I should just shut up and yell "Heil Bush!", eh? ::)

Hmmm, good point about Turkey. Those organizations should think about choosing better names for themselves, though...

Yes a lolcal goverment. But the UN watches over them ect.

Maybe the greeks should go back whare they come from? eh? It was ours first. Heck u were ares for some 3 hundered years. if want the turks to go back whare they came from. Well then u and edric better start praising the sultan :)

uhm Ex in ancient times antolia was the land of the Hitite, then came the persians, Alexander the Great, The Romans wich then moved their capital to Byzantium and recalled it Constantinople, then the Turks invaded, so 3 hundred years that's not much in the history books.

Turkey is in NATO just as an outpost for Middle East and barrier between Russian Black Sea fleet. That's why all Russian aircraft carriers are classified as "heavy aircaft cruisers", carriers are banned to pass trough Bospor. I can say...there is still war between Greece and Turkey for Cyprus. NATO command call it "reinforcement of the southern wing". Bah.

So, Turkey ruled whole Balkan for about 500 years. Also it's a violent succesor of the Byzantine Empire, which was not only former part of european Roman Empire, but also christianic. Nation is asiatic, middle-east behavior. But look for Russia, there is too.

So, both is true, but I ment that behaviour of Russian is very influenced by middle-asiatic morale (for 500 yerars Russians repelled middleasian hordes, next 500 they were conquering them), very like middle-east, which influented Byzantine. Also, russian emperors were crowned by byzant pope, whole country have much remains of this culture. Moskovian orthodox patriarch is like previous Constantinopolian most powerful between others.